Romania rebuild

George2

Romania rebuild

#1 Post by George2 » 25 Feb 2021 00:46

So, first of all, as my signature is saying, I want to thank SCS for adding Romania into this great game. Now I would like to give my feedback on the map. Yeah, I know the DLC was launched last year but I didn't had the time to play it until the start of 2021. So, here we go. My general impression about Romania is that the SCS team didn't bothered that much with it. They've created Romania just because they needed to link Hungary with Bulgaria, not because Romania needed to be in this DLC. The amount of bad parts from it (from missing important roads until pinpointing cities in wrong parts of the map >> e.g. Galaţi) is huge. They should definetely put some work in it and deliver a proper map for Romania. Ok, maybe not now, but after Iberia will be launched, with the next DLC, they need to do something to improve the map. I couldn't believe that something that made me so happy actually made me sad after playing it. Bulgaria looks unbelievable in comparison with Romania. For our southern neighbours they've really spent time and added cool stuff to the game, and I'm surprised because they did not put the same amount of effort in doing the same for Romania. In the end, please take my feedback as constructive as possible, because my main purpose is to point out your mistakes.
Thank you, SCS, for adding ROmania to ETS2! :idea:

TheAmir259

Re: Romania rebuild

#2 Post by TheAmir259 » 28 Feb 2021 05:44

I don't have it yet, but i have seen a glimpse of Romania from my friend streaming his game, and from what I saw, it really felt underwhelming compared to, lets say the Baltics. As I haven't had enough money yet before, it really didn't make me regret not grabbing it when it was on sale but that doesn't mean i'm not supportive of the developers nor am I saying i'm never buying them. Anyway, as for cities being in wrong parts of the map, it is sometimes unavoidable, due to the map scaling, even though i'm not a mapper i can still say with confidence that it certainly isn't easy to line them up together with the sceneries to make a map. Such errors could also be seen in ATS such as Carson City being on the California-Nevada border instead of a little further in or whatnot. Same can be said to missing important roads. Looking at this alone should give you an idea as to why SCS always miss what has been deemed by some of the community as important, all the time. But I think I cannot speak any further as to the difference between Bulgaria and Romania until I at least grab the DLC and actually play it. So just my ten cents.

pigbrother

Re: Romania rebuild

#3 Post by pigbrother » 28 Feb 2021 07:19

Maybe, in 10 years or so.

The map needs the Olt Valley and the Buzău - Bacău roads. Northern parts will get some attention when Ukraine will arrive. A full rebuild is not gonna happen any time soon tho. The map looks and I like, but it's like they started with a wrong map and it shows.
I have approximate knowledge of many things

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”