Create mappable keys to adjust Dashboard Backlight

Would you like a friendlier way (not F4) to adjust Dashboard Backlight?

Yes
90%
No
10%

Total votes: 10

EddieYantz

Create mappable keys to adjust Dashboard Backlight

#1 Post by EddieYantz » 13 Mar 2021 19:01

While I'm driving during dusk or dawn, changing the dashboard backlight intensity with F4 is a severe immersion buster. I'd really like to make it brighter or dimmer with a key assignment.
Valheru_G

Re: Create mappable keys to adjust Dashboard Backlight

#2 Post by Valheru_G » 18 Apr 2021 18:35

I've just recently returned back to driving in ETS2, and I really like the rewamped lighting system!

With that said, I fully support OP's suggestion. It would really be useful to change dash backlight on the fly and not having to pause the gameplay and adjust it in the menu.

+1 from me.
Forum avatar by Bala Sivakumar (CC BY 2.0)
victor2345235

#3 Post by victor2345235 » 19 Apr 2021 01:21

this was not a problem in 1.39 or older. the dashboard always was properly lit both at night and day, but now with the new lightning, which simulates iris aperture, the dash is too damn bright at night, and too dark at day, which forces you to switch the brightness levels at all moments.

leaving it at mid brightness all the time makes it good for night driving, but you can barely see it at day.
leaving it at max brighness all the time makes it good for day driving, but it's blinding and disturbing at night.

i would go a step further: i think there should be an option for the dash to auto-regulate its brighness in function to the current light conditions. modern cars have that. that would also fit situations such as entering a tunnel (it would automatically lower the brightess inside it, something nobody would manually do)
bobgrey1997

#4 Post by bobgrey1997 » 19 Apr 2021 02:57

Honestly, I think the entire F4 menu should practically be removed in favor of changing all of those settings dynamically.
This could be done by utilizing keys not normally used during driving (such as, perhaps the numpad by default, though obviously configurable).
It would be much nicer to be able to adjust mirrors, seat, etc while keeping the game unpaused. While adjusting the seat and wheel should always be done while stopped, there are some situations which might require changing them while moving, and the mirrors often need adjusting while moving.
I only drove a truck in reality for the first time a couple weeks ago, and I already figured out you might not be able to get the mirrors properly adjusted while stopped.
In-game, I have had many moments where my mirrors needed adjusting while moving. While it is possible, the game is paused. This does indeed kill immersion.
MirM

#5 Post by MirM » 19 Apr 2021 09:26

It would suffice to add the ability to use Shift + key.

I have been missing this for a long time.
In other simulators, e.g. aviation simulators, such a method of mapping functions on the keyboard is common.

----------------------
Sorry, I'm using a translator.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”