Iberia DLC inaccuracies and mistakes on signs and layout

alphastar003

Re: Iberia DLC inaccuracies and mistakes on signs and layout

#21 Post by alphastar003 » 13 Apr 2021 12:40

LAFAYET47 wrote: 13 Apr 2021 11:03 Wow, you did a pretty amazing research in this topic, I really congratulate you as an Iberian native. However, I´m really not sure if devs will take a look on it in this part of the forum, this could easily got lost sadly...maybe copying it on the general Iberia discussion thread or even in the bugs section (even these are not bugs actually) would be a good idea?
yeah I also think you are right this need to reach the map devs this is amazing work and needed to be post in the bug section as well !
Lolsmurf

#22 Post by Lolsmurf » 13 Apr 2021 13:14

I posted this in General but a mod moved it to suggestions, where I think it should be placed. A bug means something is broken or not working (one can argue the signage is on some places) while my post is more of a suggestion to SCS devs to fix these places and things.
Thank you for the nice words, I hope together with all of you that SCS reads this topic and creates some task list for their devs to fix, most of the things I have shown is something I would be able to fix alone in a couple of days with existing signs and models.
alphastar003

#23 Post by alphastar003 » 13 Apr 2021 17:23

Lolsmurf wrote: 13 Apr 2021 13:14 I posted this in General but a mod moved it to suggestions, where I think it should be placed. A bug means something is broken or not working (one can argue the signage is on some places) while my post is more of a suggestion to SCS devs to fix these places and things.
Thank you for the nice words, I hope together with all of you that SCS reads this topic and creates some task list for their devs to fix, most of the things I have shown is something I would be able to fix alone in a couple of days with existing signs and models.
Yeah I understand ... and I really really hope that SCS does acknowledge the problems and fixes them at the earliest :)
Marcello Julio

#24 Post by Marcello Julio » 13 Apr 2021 23:57

Vøytek said in the Iberia Discussion thread, that is reading the feedback about Iberia, so I believe that you can stay calm ;)
Lolsmurf

#25 Post by Lolsmurf » 15 Apr 2021 12:22

I am adding a new inaccuracy:

As you can see, most of the times IRL Spain the balise (dont know the english word) is always in front of the reflective posts. From what I have seen in Iberia DLC, the map designers put the reflective posts first and put the balise at the end which is inaccurate for most of the exits I have checked now. This is a small thing but might explain why some exits look weird compared to IRL.

I have at least fixed 10 of these exits for the sign iberia mod, so it's not just a bug here and there.

Some areas are correctly done, but many are bad like the pics below show. Again proof of the inconsistencies in this DLC.

IRL:
[ external image ]

Iberia DLC:
[ external image ]

Additionally something I would like to point out as a mapper too. Why does Iberia have only 3 asphalt types? It's the largest DLC and has only 3 asphalt skins of which 2 are almost identical.

[ external image ]

Compared to Viva Italia DLC:

[ external image ]

I'm not saying Iberia needs 5454 different asphalt types, but 3 of which 2 are near identical? So all autovia and autopista in Iberia have the same asphalt? Having more diverse asphalt types increases immersion and might even give a certain feeling or look to specific regions within the DLC.
Let's compare with reality then:

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Lolsmurf

#26 Post by Lolsmurf » 18 Apr 2021 10:03

I have noticed some sections are just completely unfinished.

[ external image ]

IRL reference: https://www.google.es/maps/@40.1347886, ... 384!8i8192

In this case, even the surroundings are off. Signage is wrong, vegetation is wrong and detailing is unfinished. This is the A1, one of the major freeways in Portugal...
Vegetation wise there are many inaccuracies as well, Portugal and Spain are not this green, especially not in the south and during summer (the season in which ETS2 is being played).
mackintosh

#27 Post by mackintosh » 18 Apr 2021 10:33

There are many places, where vegetation is off. Like, literally off. Just a couple of shrubs placed in a hurry. Several tunnel entrances look barren like they did in Italy. I like Iberia, I really do, but when you compare it to Colorado and Idaho, it looks like something that was made before those two. I'm sorry, but I'm used to and expect a much higher standard now.
Lolsmurf

#28 Post by Lolsmurf » 18 Apr 2021 11:15

Yes I think some of the devs didnt realise the google street view was set in november or januari for some parts. Some parts of Iberia can be very green in winter but become yellow and very dry in summer.
Some parts also have too many trees and in combination with the flatness you lose immersion of being in Spain or Portugal.

Again, some parts are very well done vegetation and brush-wise with a very believable color for a specific area.
LAFAYET47

#29 Post by LAFAYET47 » 18 Apr 2021 11:25

Yeah, you are very right. Central and southern Spain (Portugal too btw) look way too green for the time of the year the game depicts, the summer solstice.For early spring or even winter it could be reasonable to have this landscape colours but not at all for summer. I am definitely missng that "yellowness" of many parts of Iberia in the summer.
Lolsmurf

#30 Post by Lolsmurf » 20 Apr 2021 12:52

Extra addition for fixes to be done to SCS:

Check speed signs of 110km/h in Spain, I have checked dozen of these and they should all be 120km/h like IRL. 110km/h is rather rare on spanish autovia.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”