Anybody agreed to add more drivers?

Do you agree to the point of adding more drivers once a map DLC is released?

Poll ended at 19 Apr 2021 09:40

Yes, it is necessary to add more drivers.
57%
No, the current amount of driver is enough for me.
29%
I do not really care
14%

Total votes: 7

xiayi0118

Anybody agreed to add more drivers?

#1 Post by xiayi0118 » 12 Apr 2021 09:40

Does anybody realize that we have 20 more garages after Iberia is released but the recruitment agency does not offer any new drivers for us to hire? In another word, if Iberia has already been a part of your map, and you want to assign drivers to Spain or Portugal for better income or occupation on map, the only method is to take some of your existed drivers from somewhere else and assign them to your target garage, which I feel it annoying. There are approximately 200 garages in total that we can purchase in the game, the maximum amount of drivers should be at least 1,000 as the maximum 5 drivers per garage. The fact is that we currently only get about 341 drivers.

I am not sure whether you agree with the idea of adding more drivers to make better income and enlarge the market occupation. I set a poll there and want to hear how do you feel. Please be aware as you may not be allowed to change your mind for the second time.
Byzantine

Re: Anybody agreed to add more drivers?

#2 Post by Byzantine » 13 Apr 2021 23:40

Until SCS totally re-invent the campaign part of the game there really isn't much point increasing the driver limit at all. What are you going to spend all that extra money on?
xiayi0118

#3 Post by xiayi0118 » 14 Apr 2021 09:00

Byzantine wrote: 13 Apr 2021 23:40 Until SCS totally re-invent the campaign part of the game there really isn't much point increasing the driver limit at all. What are you going to spend all that extra money on?
I was thinking to introduce more drivers for better income and profit, which is more realistic to the world industry.

The profit could be taken away by the drivers as that becomes a part of their wage (as their skills points are higher and higher, it costs more to pay for their work), or either buying new vehicles instead of continue driving those trucks that had already travelled more than 1 million km. Or it could be sent to the charity as donations. SCS could promote the kindness morally and virtually (as we do not usually get the oppotunity in the real world), since most of us who owns a big "delivery company" have difficulties on how to deal with so much money instead of letting it sit and wait to be paied.

I noticed one of your point, which is that the money is hard to be spent as the company becomes bigger since the money comes easier. I agree with that, but since it is a simulator, my expecations would be - to be more realistic to the real world that we live in. I think the two simualtors are also functioning as the introductions to European/American truck industries, the truck cultures if we step into another depth. That was why I was thinking to dig the game into another level. I know that I might have thought too much.
Highlander_man

#4 Post by Highlander_man » 04 May 2021 01:10

Having played the game for a few weeks now I have arrived at the driver limit which came as a surprise. I feel the number of drivers should basically match the number of garages and now I see no reason to upgrade to the Iberia pack. What is the point if you cannot add drivers to garages?

For me, the managing of drivers adds to the gameplay and is not about earning more money. I always seem to be pretty skint as I upgrade trucks and expand garages as I go along. Not knowing any better I thought all that was part of playing the game.

So if anyone could mod extra drivers that would be great. If the game creators added more even better. I would them buy the extra packs but if it was "driving" only then why bother with deliveries/goods? Just go without and enjoy the view through the truck windows.

So, yes please, more drivers. :D

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”