Classic Trucks?

MikeS_

Classic Trucks?

#1 Post by MikeS_ » 03 May 2021 16:49

Before anyone starts replying, I KNOW there are mods out there that add in these classic trucks:

BUT. As mods, they are bad quality, broken in one way or another, and/or aren't compatible with multiplayer which, if you enjoy playing with friends, is not ideal.

I have been recently impressed by the quality of the map expansions that have been released by SCS, and even the minor customisation options available for the less-popular models give them a new and exciting reason to be bought and driven.

I know a lot more 'lore' of sorts goes into the trucks and it isn't just as simple as "its something to drive". For example the EURO5 and EURO6 engines and even the AdBlue feature that serves no in-game purpose but for realism's sake, is included nonetheless.

Now think about the older trucks that were still in service during the 2000s. The Scania R4L, DAF 95 or Volvo F12 to name a few. These are quite possibly some of the best mods for truck models on the workshop, but for the reasons stated above are impractical. Now think about the Eastern parts of Europe - Russia, Bulgaria, or any of the Baltic States. I have no doubt that the existing trucks are commonplace in those countries, but the older trucks are also used still, or at least more than in Western Europe.

Also, I'm not an expert, but I believe there's likely a KAZ or some Russian truck brand that is used in those places, and are likely taking then form of the 'boxy' trucks the 3 classics I mentioned above do. That is why, in my opinion old trucks like the Mercedes MP3 and the DAF105 look more suited for those Eastern countries.

This game is going to continue to grow. I think all outlooks for ETS3 are pretty much gone now considering the work thats gone into this game. But I reckon it would look cool if the older trucks were added OFFICIALLY since there are most likely some truck companies that don't have the funding for these modern, high-tech models we have. And, it might bring a bit of diversity to the game in regards to what can be driven.

P.S. I KNOW there are 6 brands already with about 20 truck models so you don't need to mention that.

It was just a thought. I think it would look cool.

~ Mike
rsr

Re: Classic Trucks?

#2 Post by rsr » 05 May 2021 21:59

I agree with you. They should add atleast 1 classic truck for both ats/ets2 since the "out of production trucks cant be licensed" doesnt make any sense IMO.
FawnPrince

#3 Post by FawnPrince » 07 May 2021 22:23

Truck companies might have several other incentives other than just increasing sales directly. Adding an old model can promote the brand by showing their past products, their expertise in the industry, their major historical successes and their commitment to innovation and progress.

I believe SCS should put forward unique features of trucks and re-use some of the manufacturer's marketing strategies. This would both bring attention on the product's differentiation (What makes it unique/competitive) but also on the company and its commitment to its values...
For example, if the 2020 Volvo FH were to be implemented into the game SCS could help promote the truck for its new, time-saving dual clutch gearbox or adaptitative high beams, thus showing volvo's commitment to safety and performance. Although this would involve more work, the additional marketing put into the vehicle might push some manufacturers to strike a deal with SCS...

Additionally, if a truck were to be released along with its new, innovative technology, this would invite players to not only see the truck and forget it, but rather, drive it and enjoy its innovative technologies.
rsr

#4 Post by rsr » 09 May 2021 18:40

Quote removed - Don't quote the post above - Rule 2.12

You really do have a very good point. Couldn't agree more.
Janusz666

#5 Post by Janusz666 » 13 May 2021 12:24

Maybe:
Leyland T45 Roadtrain
[ external image ]
MAZ-504
[ external image ]
Zastava 645
[ external image ]
Volvo F88
[ external image ]