Add option to manage and drive buses in addition to trucks

drako

Add option to manage and drive buses in addition to trucks

#1 Post by drako » 06 May 2021 14:48

I would like to Thank You for a really great game - I enjoy playing it!

I have a few suggestions for future improvements - I know the game is called EuroTruck but it would be really great if you would mix Bus business and passengers into it - would make it also more realistic - at least in my country we have a lot of companies that have both - Trucks and Buses(typically tourist not city) in their Garage and serve people trips as well. As tourist buses often has 2 drivers could implement that as 2 drivers per bus or ignore this fact for simplicity of the game and allow 1 driver to do double shift or just stay with 1 driver 1 shift. Additionally some DHL/UPS kind of business with smaller cars/vans for smaller package deliveries also could be added later too for economic empire builders.

As I am a developer myself - I know you have already all graphics and physics models and engines working nice; creating some Bus objects would be relatively easy and similar to Trucks - and I think you could negotiate license with the real world companies to use their Buses relatively easy, specially where same company like MAN, VOLVO, etc. that produces both Trucks(that you already have in-game)and Buses.

Additionally having option to choose length of Rest breaks manually would be great as in real life you can split those breaks - If you travelled full time you have to take full brake but after 4h travel you don't stop for full break - sometimes its annoying if I have to take full break instead of just 1h :) - but not a major issue for Trucks - would be more issue if You implement Buses where its more common to have shorter drives combined with shorter rest periods for Full work-day(8-10h) to sum up to full rest plus weekly rest limits and monthly rest limits.

I hope you will implement at least Tourist Buses :)

Thanks for the great game!
It's relaxing to drive some Truck after hard coding day :) !

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”