Continuous button press

HoralkaEU

Continuous button press

#1 Post by HoralkaEU » 08 May 2021 14:51

Hi there.

Ive tried to search for this but couldn't find anything regarding this, if there is a thread about this already, my apologies.

I think this probably shouldn't be that hard to implement in the game, or maybe already is and Im dumb (but I dont it is, I couldnt figure it out), but what I miss is a feature that holding a button/keybind would register as such, and not just a single press/action. It would made big difference to, for example, changing the cruise control speed (much nicer, instead of having to constantly click the button to increase/decrease desired speed), or while using the retarder, so if I need to use the maximum amount, I dont have to click the retarder button several times, but I would just hold the button and it would go the to max, and vice versa.
I'm sure it could be in many more actions, but I cant think of everything at the moment.

Thoughts?
Some newbie driver

Re: Continuous button press

#2 Post by Some newbie driver » 08 May 2021 18:58

As far as I know, you are right that this feature doesn't exist in the game. So, your request is pretty valid.

I remember to had seen lots of requests too about the possibility to do combined keybindings (ctrl+something, shift+something). Considering how many keybindings we have (and how many more we could have); soon or later that would be a need thus bringing to the game the detection of keys on hold.

Regards

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”