Visible Driver's hands and feet (in-cabin)

Road_Rumbler

Visible Driver's hands and feet (in-cabin)

#1 Post by Road_Rumbler » 14 Jun 2021 09:15

Hi all,

I am very fascinated with the concept of having a physical visualization of the driver you selected, having the feet and hands visible like it is seen from the external perspective. Snow Runner has this core game feature, I really like, very impressive immersion factor and I believe both ETS2 and ATS could do with it. I am not sure if it was a mod or not but i saw a video concept of this, it needs work but I'm all for it. I'm all for seeing that steering wheel being turned with the hands and then the feet move on the breaks or acceleration or gear shifting. I mean there are cabin accessories and all that so it's do-able right?
Madkine
Global moderator

Re: Visible Driver's hands and feet (in-cabin)

#2 Post by Madkine » 14 Jun 2021 09:24

The primary reason this hasn't been added so far is that players with wheels would feel it odd having a second set of hands/feet visible.
That said it could be set up to be able to be turned off.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Road_Rumbler

#3 Post by Road_Rumbler » 14 Jun 2021 10:34

Madkine wrote: 14 Jun 2021 09:24 The primary reason this hasn't been added so far is that players with wheels would feel it odd having a second set of hands/feet visible.
That said it could be set up to be able to be turned off.
Correct! just like in Snow Runner by Saber Interactive you have that handy option feature to hide the hands. The more hands the better it's a truck, all hands on deck :lol:
room217au

#4 Post by room217au » 14 Jun 2021 12:11

The only thing about that is when pushing the seat back, the hands/arms don't move with it. Driver's hands and arms are currently animated when viewing the cab externally as well.
If you suck at playing the trumpet, that's probably why.
von_Werra

#5 Post by von_Werra » 25 Oct 2021 18:29

I agree with You. Players using a steering wheel just can turn off that option; it will not affect their gameplay... If they are not selfish.
Nebular Echo

#6 Post by Nebular Echo » 26 Oct 2021 00:37

There already exists a mod for this and I was using it for a while. At first I was also thinking it is necessary and natural but after some time I understood it just doubles... me. And I am not playing with a wheel, I'm on keyboard. Somehow these hands on the screen began working against me.
I am not saying "Don't make this feature". But I think you only need it when playing VR. Then you see the only virtual hands and body.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”