No need Russian letters in key menu

Nebular Echo

No need Russian letters in key menu

#1 Post by Nebular Echo » 15 Jun 2021 22:36

I understand you wanted to do the best for us but you overdid...
So. I am Russian. In ru version we have the entire key menu translated so WASD is ЦФЫВ, Q is Й and so on. And this is awful. I wanna assure you - NONE of us russians ever wanted this. We all have double marked keyboards, ok? Many of us don't know english BUT at the same time everybody grows with that keyboards. And this is absolutely natural for us to remember hotkeys as english ones. We just don't keep it in mind that G is П, O is Щ. This is just awful, it's pure pain to make game configs on native hotkeys. 99% games which have ru lang still use ENGLISH keys menu and this is totally right and not a problem for any of us.

Please, bring back eng hotkeys in ru localization. You only making us worse with native ones.
Nebular Echo

Re: No need Russian letters in key menu

#2 Post by Nebular Echo » 17 Nov 2021 05:04

Previously I was writing here that request was fulfiled. I was mistaken. In SOME cases letters in keys menu become English and in some they are back again Russian. I don't know what does it depend on. Different game modes, different options, I don't know. But keys are often annoying with all ц, ф, ы, в, л, д.
NONE of Russians uses that, none wants to see it this way. When the talk is about controls we always talk of the keys as latin.
Max
SCS Software

Re: No need Russian letters in key menu

#3 Post by Max » 20 Nov 2021 16:42

if i change language to russian a still have standard (english) names for all keys. so it is definitely local issue. i have czech-localized windows though.

your issue might be setting of you system direct input drivers. if it return localised names of inputs game just use them. check it.
or it might be affected by setting (rather accidental) of game keyboard. is it sys keyboard or di8 one (look into "controls.sii" somewhere in your profile folder)?
eventualy you can try to run game with command line argument "-hardcoded_key_names".
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”