[POLL] Do you want SCS to add new trucks to ETS2 or rework old ones?

Would you prefer SCS to add new trucks or rebuild the old ones.

Add new trucks. Quantity over quality.
25%
Rebuild old trucks. Consistent quality is more important.
75%

Total votes: 175

Evgenius

Re: [POLL] Do you want SCS to add new trucks to ETS2 or rework old ones?

#21 Post by Evgenius » 21 Jun 2021 09:33

My vote will definitely be for the second option. Moreover, now the most opportune moment has come, since all the fundamental European brands have rolled out their updates to one degree or another, and it is unlikely that anyone will soon turn to SCS with a hot offer. By the way, the alternation option looks very interesting; new - old. As the saying goes, the sheep are safe and the wolves are fed.
Make three correct guesses in a row - and you are guaranteed a reputation as an expert.

If someone tells you that something is possible, they are almost certainly right. If he claims that something is impossible, he is very likely wrong.
LegoTechnicFanBoi

#22 Post by LegoTechnicFanBoi » 21 Jun 2021 09:37

all old trucks must get a COMPLETE REWORK
SORRY FOR MY WRITING MISTAKES IN ENGLISH. I SOMETIMES NEED TO USE TRANSLATOR

A Proud LEGO Fan since childhood
Nebular Echo

#23 Post by Nebular Echo » 21 Jun 2021 16:33

I never even noticed that any trucks in the game require remake. I am all for new trucks and not just any but a whole new line - Kamaz and Ural. Which are Russian models. Game needs them because Russia is coming.
Queentruckeruk

#24 Post by Queentruckeruk » 21 Jun 2021 16:40

definitely rework Volvo and Mercedes to new one and I don't care about having old trucks in game.
eshvos

#25 Post by eshvos » 21 Jun 2021 17:08

I think I would be fine for the most part to see updated high-quality textures and definition files (e. g. correct engine data, missing engines and transmissions, ...) for the older models. As I am not a fan of the assistance systems mandatory in the EU since 2015-11 and newer EU trucks, I will be driving trucks older than this date for the forseeable future. I am buying newer trucks for my drivers though, as it will be unsustainable for a small fleet in central Europe to only have Euro 5 and some early Euro 6 trucks.

I am not really noticing the inaccuracies in dimensions, as others here seem to notice. But there are some strange decisions made with the older trucks that even I notice, e. g. why does the Actros 3 have the Trust Edition interior, but not the wood trim interior? The dashboard computers also lack functionality that was available on these trucks in real-life and that newer ETS trucks have gotten (e. g. display of driving time).

In general I feel that the game(s) are at a point, where you simply have to re-do all the old models and textures to keep a cohesive experience. I would even pay for a donation DLC just to finance a rebuild and expansion of the initial base game content from 2012. This also applies to maps and other parts of the game(s), e. g.: Even though the autbahns in the reworked Germany are much, much more realistic, the road layout and city layout is still very lacking and prevents me from enjoying the center of the ETS map. I feel like they have taken too many shortcuts with the rebuild, which means that the rebuilt areas, apart from the autobahns, are already feeling very dated again.
I really get the feeling that the game developers don't care about already released content and they only focus on the new shiny bits. I am really debating with myself if I should continue buying every single DLC, as I always hoped that the money from new DLCs would help them with rebuilding the outdated parts of the game and help them with introducing new features that a typical vehicle simulation needs to have.

And that's where the simulation aspect of the game comes into focus: As someone who has played OMSI 2 in the past, I am still disappointed that the trucks and surroundings are missing lots of the simulation features of OMSI (which was severly lacking in the visual department, but was amazing with simulation of technical stuff; more or less the opposite of ATS/ETS ...), such as: seasons, windshields and vehicles getting dirty, fog lights, battery charge simulation, vehicles having a hard time starting when it is -30 °C outside, leaving the vehicle (very important in trucking!), animated buttons, assistance systems (as I said, they are mandatory since nearly 6 years and have been available since nearly 15 years on the Actros 3 and are still not in the game!), separate fuelling of diesel and DEF (why even simulate DEF if it is automatically filled up alongside diesel?), ...

tl;dr: I am for updating old trucks in the game, but this is only a small part of the game that isn't aging well. I am a "hardcore" simulation player, not caring about multiplayer, but very much caring about accuracy, high graphics quality and realism.
Goodbye. No interest in participating in a community where posts get silently deleted without any explanation.
Some newbie driver

#26 Post by Some newbie driver » 24 Jun 2021 14:07

I understand that a lot of people would like to have the same actual quality level in all trucks. But people seems not understand that it's a "live" game. It's continuously under development. So, every single freaking truck we will have is going to probably be better than previous ones in something. Eventually, even the Scania P and S are going to seem like garbage to all of you. Or the alternative would be that SCS would improve no more at all their vehicle modeling process; so we will have no better models in the future. Something I don't expect players to like neither, don't you?

And what SCS can't do is, every time they improve their procedures; to redo all the previous work to put it to the same level. It can't neither be done even if it would be "just from time to time". They need 3 people working ONE WHOLE YEAR to release a complete truck. Even if those people work in other things all that time, the process take a year to three people. We have A LOT of trucks in the game that are very aged and they had not so much staff to face that kind of work. Specially considering it will be a free work (free or us,, so huge loses of money for them).

Don't get me wrong, I would be the first one to enjoy to have reworked trucks for the game. But the crude and real maths say that's not going to happen.

Regards
MichaelALAD

#27 Post by MichaelALAD » 25 Jun 2021 09:48

I could help you with maths: 3 employees can make 1 truck, 6 employees - 2 trucks, 9 employees - 3 trucks, 12 employees - 4 trucks. This is a story for kids, who cares how much work it is - hire more people, use outsourcing, you are the commercial enterprise. Of course the developer interested more in making things they can sell as 'new' and not in revamping things that already sold but I'm pretty sure with some imagination it could be turned into a profit too (let alone that it's an indirect profit itself as people will like better models, play more, buy addons etc).

p.s. I think if SCS ever start to make DLC trucks everything will suddenly appear - staff, time, resources. They hired 50 more people last year (as Pavel said), this is how companies live - the amount of employees depends on the task.
xXCARL1992Xx

#28 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 25 Jun 2021 10:11

"hire more people"

and what do you do with them when all trucks are reworked ? fire them again ? because there wont be enough work for all of them to keep them because new trucks dont release every year
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
plykkegaard

#29 Post by plykkegaard » 25 Jun 2021 10:35

From the Business point of view, hiring without expected increase in income can have disastrous results

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Space_Night

#30 Post by Space_Night » 25 Jun 2021 22:01

@Wolfi great to see you back on the forums again and I hope you are doing not just well but absolutely fantastic

The ones that need updating badly are the Daf 106, (exterior model), Volvo FH, Renaul magnum and Premium, Merc Actros MP3, (its slightly out of proportion on the sides - (axle set back too far) and both of the old legacy Scanias - - they need to be made to RJL quality. Currently the best truck in game in terms of build quality out of the original lot is the DAF 105.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”