Quantity achievements vs DLCs. Stop PUNISHING players for buying, ok?

Nebular Echo

Quantity achievements vs DLCs. Stop PUNISHING players for buying, ok?

#1 Post by Nebular Echo » 20 Jun 2021 18:24

There is a number of achievements which is tied to exploring and working with the game world.

Explore 60% of roads.
Having the base game only I have to drive for example 8000 km. Each geo-dlc I buy makes this way DOUBLED. If a new player buys the entire game with all countries - lets be honest, this will mean he will NEVER get this achievement. Never in his entire life.
Solution: count not the percent but the exact km. "drive 10000 km of new roads"

Explore all roads of Europe.
Same. But this time this is close to impossible even without DLCs because you can skip 5 meters of road somewhere and you will never find this place even with map.
Solution: explore 95% of Germany and Britain (base game)

Obtain a garage in every city of main country.
For example I take France. Without "Vive la France" I have to buy 8 garages. With it - 31 garages. Why do you punish me?
Solution: own garages in 10 cities or own garages in 5 capitals (players themselves will prefer their motherland without any achives)
xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Quantity achievements vs DLCs. Stop PUNISHING players for buying, ok?

#2 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 20 Jun 2021 18:31

those are achievements, they are meant to be that way to work for them, not to get them shoved into your lap for doing minimal effort, and you can already cheat them anyway, exploring 60% you can just start a profile with all map DLCs disabled, same goes for the 100%, the first one i got via Promods within 7 month, totally possible, the last one i did on the base map only, also totally possible, better yet before Germany was rebuild

the last one, start in Luxembourg and the achievement is unlocked before you even do you second job
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
pigbrother

#3 Post by pigbrother » 21 Jun 2021 06:07

TBH, those achievements were kinda trash, some cheap grinding like a free-to-play MMO, that's why we don't have them in ATS anymore. No harm done if you try to cheat them any way you could. :D
I have approximate knowledge of many things
harishw8r

#4 Post by harishw8r » 21 Jun 2021 07:49

The special transport job achievement is also an issue. The load keeps on increasing as new map DLCs arrive. Disabling DLCs is a solution, but that’s not fair. Keeping the objectives constant irrespective of the content people own would be nice.
Nebular Echo

#5 Post by Nebular Echo » 21 Jun 2021 20:32

harishw8r wrote: 21 Jun 2021 07:49 Disabling DLCs is a solution
Then you will be unable to load your own profile, you will be cut away and have to play everything from zero. Does it worth? No.

This is not a problem on our side, this is just achivements are bad. Ok?
I actually like challenges in games but only fair ones. When a game gives a task checking your skills and you will be able to do that if you skilled or you put some time in it. But when a game is mocking you, screwing you and you can only deal with it by screwing the game back - this is not gaming, this is hacking. Cheating must never be a key to achivements.

Really authors. Just change those.
xXCARL1992Xx

#6 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 21 Jun 2021 20:40

they wont change it, simple because this would be a punch in the face to every player who got those fair and square, this is why ATS didnt have them from the beginning
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
harishw8r

#7 Post by harishw8r » 22 Jun 2021 01:20

Nebular Echo wrote: 21 Jun 2021 20:32 Then you will be unable to load your own profile, you will be cut away and have to play everything from zero. Does it worth? No.
Please read the full sentence. I said it is possible to achieve them, but it’s not fair.
Nebular Echo

#8 Post by Nebular Echo » 22 Jun 2021 01:30

harishw8r wrote: 22 Jun 2021 01:20 Please read the full sentence. I said it is possible to achieve them, but it’s not fair.
Yeah unfair and also cheatty, borring, stupid, long and must not exist. Which I was saying in the first place.
Some newbie driver

#9 Post by Some newbie driver » 24 Jun 2021 13:55

Don't like them? Don't try to complete them. Plain and simple.

They are achievements, not forced duties. Stop behave like if you were obliged to achieve them and you will sleep better.

In the meantime, please stop the nonsense of complaining against SCS just because you can't control your impulses of try to achieve something that you aren't able to do.

Regards

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”