Multiple deliveries

DonnyDaveUK

Multiple deliveries

#1 Post by DonnyDaveUK » 14 Jul 2021 15:31

Being allowed to pick up multiple jobs that need delivering to same industries like, as an example, 4 food deliveries to 4 of the same industry in 4 different cities
jeefAD

Re: Multiple deliveries

#2 Post by jeefAD » 28 Sep 2021 16:19

I thought about something like this the other day...

The scenario you proposed is basically a produce company delivering to various customers/retailers. Cool!

I'd also be interested in more disjointed pickups/deliveries that be could one:many (e.g.: single lumber pickup to multiple destinations or the produce scenario you proposed), many:one (multiple pickups to one common destination, such as a construction/assembly site or multiple electronics pickups to a single retailer) or many:many (a run sheet of multiple pickups to multiple destinations with no commonality, but respectful of cargo types/trailer required).

This could even be structured as mini in-game events, like building supply runs to support new construction projects, mitigate disaster/emergency events or delivery of components to plants/facilities for assembly, etc. So many scenarios to imagine! It could even bring about greater depth to the in-game economy with trucking directly supporting some sense of in-game supply/demand. There would definitely be some complexity to coordinate, but it could be constrained to the city level at the outset then expanded to larger regions over time...

With >800 hours between ETS2 and ATS, I think this could really freshen things up and bring a new level of engagement over the existing driving experience and 1:1 pickup/deliver model...
i5-11600K | 32GB DDR4-3200 | RTX 3080 Ti 12GB | 3 x 32" FHD | No mods

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”