Import Truck Dealers

jimbogiddings

Import Truck Dealers

#1 Post by jimbogiddings » 31 Jul 2021 19:02

Hi everyone,

Something I'd love to see in ETS2 (and ATS for that matter) is the inclusion of an Import Truck Dealer where you have the option to buy ATS trucks in ETS2, and vice versa.

I for one prefer ETS2 over ATS, however I bought both games in order to drive both the stock ATS trucks as well as the plethora of truck mods that seem to favour ATS over ETS2. With an Import Truck dealer (possibly sold as a paid DLC?), the stock ATS trucks would be made available (possibly for a premium price in in-game currency) to ETS2 players. Not only that, but mod trucks that are currently only available on ATS (using ATS code and possibly ATS assets) could potentially then be available for both games without the modder having to make two different versions - giving players of both games a much bigger variety of trucks to use.

I know it may seem "unrealistic" to have a Pete 389 thundering through tight Italian roads - but people do import trucks, so it is a feasible possibility in reality. Here in the UK I do occasionally see a US truck out on the motorways.

I'm not going to lie and say that I understand the complexities of making ATS trucks work on ETS2 - and vice versa - because I don't; and it may be too much of a difficult job for too little return...but it's an idea.

Please let me know what you think - and feel free to be as critical as you want!
loderain

Re: Import Truck Dealers

#2 Post by loderain » 01 Aug 2021 00:57

Trucks licenses are tied to the game, for this i will not think that this happen. The licenses of european trucks are tied to ETS2, and the licenses of american trucks are tied to ATS. I dont think that trucks companies open the licenses for both games.
jimbogiddings

Re: Import Truck Dealers

#3 Post by jimbogiddings » 01 Aug 2021 09:30

Yea that may be true. That may be the biggest barrier to this becoming reality if that's the case

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”