In game music player to read any source folder on your PC and to play .wav files

Would you like the in game music player to read music from any folder on your PC and play .wav ?

1. Yes I would really want this!
67%
2. Not a game chnager for me, but I wouldn't mind having it.
17%
3. No
17%

Total votes: 6

RodriRM

In game music player to read any source folder on your PC and to play .wav files

#1 Post by RodriRM » 03 Aug 2021 11:38

Hello everyone:

I have both ATS and ETS 2, love both games, the issue with this is that Im forced to have 3 music folders, one for ATS, one for ETS 2 and the system one (you know the usual Music folder in Windows). This takes a lot of disc space, and also backup space.

I would love to have the in game radio/music player to be able to read and open music files from any folder on the PC. That way you could just point to the right folder on your drives and read the music from there, instead of having 1 copy for each game on a special game folder.
And it will be great if the music player could read not only mp3 but also wav files. Yes .wav files, some of us really love music, have a lossless library and the right sound system to enjoy it.

Thank you and forgive my writing, english is not my natural language.
SiSL
SCS Software

Re: In game music player to read any source folder on your PC and to play .wav files

#2 Post by SiSL » 03 Aug 2021 12:04

you can add shortcuts of your folders that you keep your music to

Code: Select all

Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\music
or

Documents\American Truck Simulator\music
folder and they should be in your list :)

You don't need to add your musics directly to game's music folder

[ external image ]
RodriRM

Re: In game music player to read any source folder on your PC and to play .wav files

#3 Post by RodriRM » 03 Aug 2021 13:41

SiSL wrote: 03 Aug 2021 12:04 you can add shortcuts of your folders that you keep your music to

Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\music
or

Documents\American Truck Simulator\music
folder and they should be in your list :)

You don't need to add your musics directly to game's music folder

[ external image ]
Thats a nice workaround I didn't think off, and I feel a little dumb right now. It does not fix the fact of my .wav music collection but its a nice way to play all form one music forlder.

Thank you!
TINO

#4 Post by TINO » 03 Aug 2021 13:51

Wait, so it's working with folder shortcuts but not with song.mp3 shorcuts?
TINO

#6 Post by TINO » 03 Aug 2021 14:51

And all this time I was using synlinks to every mp3 I had everytime I was updating my music collection... because I knew that mp3 shortcuts didn't work, but didn't know that folder shortcuts are working. :(

Thanks!

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”