Convoys could have daily/weekly/monthly challenges to unlock perks or parts

Do you want to have challanges in Convoy?

Yes
29%
No
64%
Maybe (comment)
7%

Total votes: 14

bibi

Convoys could have daily/weekly/monthly challenges to unlock perks or parts

#1 Post by bibi » 05 Aug 2021 15:36

First of all, congratulation SCS team. You did an amazing job with the Convoy feature, we can finally have fun with friends in an official and stable way.

Considering that, most people already mentioned that they would like to have shared companies and progress it together. I would like to propose something a bit different, but probably complementary.

Some games such Assassins Creed, World of Warcraft, Hitman, No Man's Sky and so many other aventure/action/RPG games, offer some challenges that the user can fulfill during single player to either give a competitive way of leaderboard or unlock special cosmetic items. I see that ETS 2 could also give some of that type of challenges to motivate us to try achieving it together. I understand we already have the achievements on Steam to try and work together, but getting items or small items that we can add in our trucks would be awesome. You could use real world events, such as Christmas, to reward players that complete challenges with small things to add on their dashboards, paints or even temporary buffs (reduced gas consumption).

Going forward with what World of Warcraft does, in highers difficulties, dungeon runs have some affixes that makes things harder.

Of course those buffs and affixes should be optional to preserve the original player base, that should be the priority, but having something more to get us united to play and achieve something together it would be awesome.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

Re: Convoys could have daily/weekly/monthly challenges to unlock perks or parts

#2 Post by Mohegan13 » 05 Aug 2021 18:06

They already do this with WoTr events really and that's enough for me.

I do wish they hadn't made the previous Raven and Dragon DLCs public though, they were the best rewards they released IMO.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
bobgrey1997

#3 Post by bobgrey1997 » 05 Aug 2021 19:05

So... let me get this straight.
You are suggesting SCS put in challenge aspects of adventure, action, and RPG games into ETS2 and ATS?
Why would they put aspects found almost exclusively in adventure/action/RPG games into a decidedly NON-action/adventure/RPG game? These games are simulators. You don't magically "unlock" a new tire because you drive a specified distance.

I do like the idea of events and challenges in Convoy (probably handled via World of Trucks, but hopefully convoy hosts can set them up, too), but I don't see the logic in unlocking parts because of it. That is more like those online RPG games, and less like a trucking game.
bibi

#4 Post by bibi » 06 Aug 2021 15:57

bobgrey1997 wrote: 05 Aug 2021 19:05 So... let me get this straight.
You are suggesting SCS put in challenge aspects of adventure, action, and RPG games into ETS2 and ATS?
Why would they put aspects found almost exclusively in adventure/action/RPG games into a decidedly NON-action/adventure/RPG game? These games are simulators. You don't magically "unlock" a new tire because you drive a specified distance.

I do like the idea of events and challenges in Convoy (probably handled via World of Trucks, but hopefully convoy hosts can set them up, too), but I don't see the logic in unlocking parts because of it. That is more like those online RPG games, and less like a trucking game.
If ETS2 and ATS were exclusive simulators as you say, then why you have level, skills and monetary management? These are already elements of RPG/adventure game. The gameplay for sure is based on the simulation aspects, but ETS2 is in a mix of RPG with "simulation", which neither is extremely good.

The issue for their simulation part is that they don't have the massive scale map such as Flight Simulator, the cities are only representation of industrial areas. At the same time the RPG elements are left basically untouched since the release.

Alternatively, ADR skills or perks if you like, should be given by passing a test, such as Gran Turismo does with its driving licenses ranks.

But most important, the suggestion was to make something completely optional. Open the Steam Workshop, make the voting system that Team Fortress 2 had, that the most voted models, paints or whatever is considered to make into the game, then use it as rewards over small challenges. If you want to enjoy your full simulation (although, sorry, it's not a simulator), then don't participate. You won't unlock a 9000000 hp motor by doing the challenges but hey, what about doing a delivery during Christmas with your friends from UK to Russia without any accident to win a small thing?
bibi

#5 Post by bibi » 06 Aug 2021 15:59

Mohegan13 wrote: 05 Aug 2021 18:06 They already do this with WoTr events really and that's enough for me.

I do wish they hadn't made the previous Raven and Dragon DLCs public though, they were the best rewards they released IMO.
Where are the WoTr events for ETS2? Is there a schedule of events? Currently there is only a ATS event and nothing for ETS2. As far as I remember, the MP is exclusive for ETS2 for now.
xXCARL1992Xx

#6 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 06 Aug 2021 16:07

these games are no RPGs, were never RPGs and are not intended that way by SCS, just because you have "skills" (wich is a lose term for ETS/ATS because there exist ADR requirements, the rest can be just seen as a progression to make the game longer and not have everything from the get go) doesnt make it an RPG game

also, the game isnt set up to "unlock parts" remotely, you already have the level system for it, and we already have WoTr event that give use new stuff, there is no need to implement any challenges into convoy because this was never SCS intention to be a challenge, Convoy is there to play with your friends, the "challenge" part is WoTr exclusive and should come in the future with new feauters added to WoTr to make it more hardcore simulation and economy with VTCs and all this stuff
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
bibi

#7 Post by bibi » 06 Aug 2021 20:45

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 06 Aug 2021 16:07 these games are no RPGs, were never RPGs and are not intended that way by SCS, just because you have "skills" (wich is a lose term for ETS/ATS because there exist ADR requirements, the rest can be just seen as a progression to make the game longer and not have everything from the get go) doesnt make it an RPG game

also, the game isnt set up to "unlock parts" remotely, you already have the level system for it, and we already have WoTr event that give use new stuff, there is no need to implement any challenges into convoy because this was never SCS intention to be a challenge, Convoy is there to play with your friends, the "challenge" part is WoTr exclusive and should come in the future with new feauters added to WoTr to make it more hardcore simulation and economy with VTCs and all this stuff
Leveling and skill are exactly characteristics of RPG. They might not be entire RPG games, of course, but they do have characteristics of it. Again, the idea isn't to provide new super powerful parts that you can only unlock by multiplayer challenges, but small cosmetic stuff that you can use. WoTr is there likely because the multiplayer wasn't there yet, and still it's not the best solution.
xXCARL1992Xx

#8 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 06 Aug 2021 20:49

WoTr isnt there because mutiplayer wasnt, Convoy is PART of WoTr

the whole "skill" think is the wrong thing SCS did anyway, they should get rid of it, ADR should be a task for you to do to obtain it, the fuel skill should be scraped because it has no use for 90% of the player (all who dont play simple automatic or have realistic fuel consumption turned off) and the rest should be mora a reputation system that build up over time

integrating anything into Convoy is pointless because this will ALL be done via WoTr anyway, this is the future plan they have in mind and Convoy is only a part of WoTr and not the other way around
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
bobgrey1997

#9 Post by bobgrey1997 » 08 Aug 2021 07:51

bibi wrote: 06 Aug 2021 15:59
Where are the WoTr events for ETS2? Is there a schedule of events? Currently there is only a ATS event and nothing for ETS2. As far as I remember, the MP is exclusive for ETS2 for now.
There is no posted schedule. The events happen as SCS decides to start them. Many relate to real-world events, while others may coincide with DLC releases, and some are for various other random situations.
Also, since when was Convoy exclusively for ETS2? As far as I know, it was released for ATS a few days before ETS2, if not at the same time.

Also, you may want to stop quoting everything you see and take a quick look at the forum rules before the moderators get upset.
bibi

#10 Post by bibi » 10 Aug 2021 17:31

bobgrey1997 wrote: 08 Aug 2021 07:51
bibi wrote: 06 Aug 2021 15:59
There is no posted schedule. The events happen as SCS decides to start them. Many relate to real-world events, while others may coincide with DLC releases, and some are for various other random situations.
Also, since when was Convoy exclusively for ETS2? As far as I know, it was released for ATS a few days before ETS2, if not at the same time.

Also, you may want to stop quoting everything you see and take a quick look at the forum rules before the moderators get upset.
I quote everything I see because that's the best way to give context. Could you tell me where in the forum rules it's saying that quoting shouldn't be used? I can see something about image/video and code blocks, but never plain text.

Convoy was released in ETS2 beta first, wasn't?

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”