Automatic head rotation left and right by pressing one button

Aleksandr_Z

Automatic head rotation left and right by pressing one button

#1 Post by Aleksandr_Z » 11 Sep 2021 18:51

When we leave the secondary road on the main road, we must look to the left and right. It would be better than when you press one button, the head automatically turns left and right and then returns to the center again. One second to look left and one second to look right and return back to center. It takes a long time to turn your head left and right with the joystick when entering the road. Automatic head rotation will reduce time.
Altitude

Re: Automatic head rotation left and right by pressing one button

#2 Post by Altitude » 19 Sep 2021 01:57

You can do this in a way by modifying your controls.sii file. I ended up using a diy TrackIR/Freetrack headset which is infinitely superior (turn your head and you look that way), but this may help you.

I have copied and pasted this from a source and I do not remember who the person(s) were that posted this or where since I put it into a personal text dump of useful things to keep. Sorry -- if the originator finds this and wants credit or removed msg me of course.

Code: Select all

config_lines[206]: "mix trackiron `1 - (mouse.button_left?0 | joy.pov1_left?0 | joy.pov1_right?0)`"

"mix trackiron `1 - (mouse.button_left?0 + keyboard.num4?0 + keyboard.num6?0 + keyboard.num7?0 + keyboard.num9?0)`"

you have to edit the controls.sii
in the folder "..Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\profiles\YourProfileNumber"

change the following lines:
config_lines[132]: "mix trackiron `1 - (mouse.button_left?0 + keyboard.num4?0 + keyboard.num6?0)`"
config_lines[133]: "mix trackiryaw `0.0`"
config_lines[134]: "mix trackirpitch `0.0`"
config_lines[135]: "mix trackirx `0.0`"
config_lines[136]: "mix trackiry `0.0`"
config_lines[137]: "mix trackirz `0.0`"

(edit 2021: the line numbers may be different, depends on GameVersion)

the cam-behavior now change:

for mouseview you have to hold left-mousebutton and move the mouse to look arround.
if you release the left mousebutton the cam will automatic autocenter.

you now need to hold numpad 4 or numpad 6 to view left or right
by release numpad 4 or numpad 6 the cam will automatic autocenter.

you also are able to change mouse.button_left to mouse.button_right or whatever you want.
:D
Hope this helps a little bit to point you in a direction.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”