I would like to see this in the next 5 years.

Lawger

#1 Post by Lawger » 16 Sep 2021 07:48

1. New truck brands:
1.1. Sisu
1.2. Ford
1.3. Kamaz
1.4. Maz
1.5. Ural
2. Updating outdated truck models such as Volvo FH16, Renault Magnum, etc.
3. More frequent additions of new models such as Iveco Stralis NP.
4. A new type of fuel-gas
5. New brands of trailers such as:
5.1. Wielton
5.2. Schmitz Cargobull
5.3. Lohr
5.4. Kögel
5.5. Tonar
5.6. Nefaz
5.7. Maz
5.8. Tverstroymash
5.9. Grabovsky Automobile Plant
6. Tandems, with and without a trailer.
7. The queue for the ferry, the movement of ferries according to the schedule, approximately every hour.
8. Logistics chain with reference to the country of origin, for example: Skoda cars are exported only from the Czech Republic, and olives from Spain, and so on.
9. Climate: linking to real weather, snow, showers, ice, fog, crosswind, etc.
10. More realistic speed modes, where movement is allowed at a speed of 110 km/h, and not limited to 90 km/h through World Of Tracks.
11. Linking the speed to the load. The more weight you carry and the weaker the engine, the slower the speed set. Uphill, for example, at an angle of 15 degrees and an engine of 480 hp, a tractor with a bulldozer will go much slower than a tractor with the same parameters carrying empty pallets. The greater the angle of the mountain, the lower the speed. When descending from a mountain, a truck with a large weight will make the braking distance longer than with a smaller weight.
12. Map Extension:
12.1. Adding the territory of Russia
12.2. Adding the territory of the Balkans (Croatia, Serbia, Greece, etc.)
12.3. The addition of the territory of Turkey and the connection through the North Caucasus with the territory of Russia.
12.4. Adding the island States of Ireland, Iceland, Cyprus, the Faroe Islands.
12.5. Adding the northern territories of Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Russia.
12.6. Adding North Africa, such states as Tunisia, Morocco, Algeria, etc.
12.7. Adding territories of the former Soviet Union, Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, etc.
12.8. Updating old territories, with the addition of new cities and roads.
13. Random events, such as the introduction of fellow travelers and dialogues with them.
14. Getting out of the car to change the broken wheel, topping up the oil, topping up the fuel, installing an emergency sign.
15. Car and trailer pollution such as dirt, dust. Car washes.
16. Combined cargo.
17. Random cargo: after an accident of an AI truck, you can attach its trailer with unknown contents, and an unknown final route, after docking, you can refuse with a huge fine.
18.Smuggling: 2 forms, both hidden and open. In the open, you take a conscious risk, hidden when you took an unknown cargo from the AI. It is subject to a huge fine, confiscation of a trailer with cargo, and even there is a possibility to lose a truck.
19. Stopping a truck by the police, speeding, overtaking through a solid lane, driving in the oncoming lane, driving through a red traffic light (not applicable in all countries).
20. The system of visual damage.
21. Entering buses.
22. The introduction of small commercial vehicles of 3-10 tons.
EurocopterX3

Re: I would like to see this in the next 5 years.

#2 Post by EurocopterX3 » 16 Sep 2021 09:06

It is highly unlikely that we'll ever see smuggling because SCS might run into issues with PEGI. I'm not too knowledgeable about the do's and don'ts of PEGI but, SCS is trying to keep this game suitable for all age groups. Even looking back at some of SCS' earlier truck sims, the most illegal things you could optionally do was taking overweight cargos (and being requested to run weigh stations as a result) along with taking cargo which was unsecure. (Besides the standard traffic violations that have been in all of SCS' truck sims.) As for visual damage, it has been said that some of the brands may not like it. I can't confirm nor deny this claim, as it has been used on this forum a lot, but we may not get visual damage as a result. As for "more realistic speed modes," I have heard the reason why it's limited to 90 km/h is due to EU law having trucks governed at 90 km/h. Climate is iffy... Mainly because they would have to figure out how to link up real time weather forecasts, assuming you meant something like it is currently raining in London IRL so it would be raining in London in-game as well. If you're talking about plain o'l weather and seasons, I would like to see that happen eventually, but I just hope it doesn't inflate the game's required space too much.
Lawger

#3 Post by Lawger » 16 Sep 2021 09:52

Perhaps I put it roughly with the word "contraband", a trailer with a surprise is probably more suitable. If you take it from the AI, the cargo may be damaged up to 100%, the same preponderance, or spoiled products. Yes, most likely we will not see such a thing that we are transporting a container from the port, and there are illegal migrants in it. I think it's not so difficult to implement the weather, the same MFS2020 coped, and even the previous version of MFSX 2006. The speed in the UK is 96 km / h on motorways, Finland, Slovenia, Bulgaria up to 100 km/h, and in Romania, for example, on motorways, the maximum speed is only 50 km/h.
weejohn67

#4 Post by weejohn67 » 16 Sep 2021 14:02

what is the fascination with law breaking at the moment as not the 1st post with smuggling , there is GTA5 for that, we want positives for the truck industry not the negative
Sorry English is my 1st language , i am just bad at spellin :D

WOT https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/18729
Lawger

#5 Post by Lawger » 16 Sep 2021 17:39

weejohn67 wrote: 16 Sep 2021 14:02 what is the fascination with law breaking at the moment as not the 1st post with smuggling , there is GTA5 for that, we want positives for the truck industry not the negative
I'm not talking about specific chases, etc. I mean about the development of the gameplay in the style of "pan or gone". Smuggling can be perceived in any way, for some it is weapons, slavery, drug trafficking. For me, it means not legal transportation of timber, transportation of livestock without appropriate veterinary documents, etc. And GTA5, this is a completely different genre. But there are also customs crossings, weight control, it needs to be used as much as possible in the game.
weejohn67

#6 Post by weejohn67 » 16 Sep 2021 20:43

then it sounds like you want a transport clerk to check the documents are legal, but not sure how this would equate to "risking" taking the load, again i say surely we want to promote the professionalism of running trucking companies not the seedy side of it or stupidity of trying to make quick cash illegally
i have worked for companies that are far from professional and part of the reason i am no longer a truck driver in real life
Sorry English is my 1st language , i am just bad at spellin :D

WOT https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/18729
bobgrey1997

#7 Post by bobgrey1997 » 17 Sep 2021 05:07

This is a long list...
Most of it is good ideas, and most of it has been discussed many hundreds of times here.
As for the new truck brands, I think most of us would love to see most, if not all, truck brands in-game. However, each brand, and each model, requires a long license negotiation process between SCS, the brand manufacturer, and both party's lawyers. This is also the current hold for things such dirt and visual damages, as far as anyone can tell (SCS isn't very open about their current negotiations, likely to prevent the community from doing something that may result in the manufacturer canceling the negotiations; its a finicky process).
As for maps, it is likely we will eventually see all of Europe, though maybe not in the next 5 years. Africa is not so likely, but is a possibility. Some might say it isn't because the game is named "EURO Truck Simulator", meaning it will only be Europe, while others may say it is named "Euro TRUCK Simulator", meaning driving trucks of European style or origin.
Real time data, such as weather and climate, should never be implemented. The map is on a 1:20 scale, meaning each kilometer of road in-game roughly represents 20 kilometers of the real world. Cities and large interchanges are on different scales, which further complicates things. Usuing 1:1 data simply wouldn't work. More accurately; it would be more effort to get working than it would be worth.
Getting out of the vehicle is a feature that has been requested countless times, and has a bit of a conflicting support. Many are practically begging for it, while others are demanding it never happen. Personally, I think this will be an essential feature, as this game is marketed as an experience of a "real trucker from the comfort of your home", I believe is the exact words. Well, as a trucker in reality, there is much more to this job than sitting in that seat.
As for illegal cargo, such as smuggling and stealing anither truck's trailer, I do not think we will ever see this, nor should we. These are offenses that if caught, you will never drive a truck again, literally.
Not sure how each European country is, but I'd figure this would be rather standard across the world. Here in the US, if you are caught smuggling, or of you steal another load, this is considered a CMV-related Felony (CMV means Commercial Motor Vehucle, and Felony is the highest level crime). If convicted on such a crime, you lose your CDL (Commercial Driver's License) for life, across all states.
As such, while it would be technically realistic to have these features, it would only be realistic if the punishment was also as it is in reality. As such, you try these features out once, and that profile is done for.
Speaking of crime, though, I'd love to see dynamic police, who can actually follow you and pull you over. This would be especially nice if they can do the same to the AI trucks.
Some newbie driver

#8 Post by Some newbie driver » 21 Sep 2021 20:51

bobgrey1997 wrote: 17 Sep 2021 05:07Speaking of crime, though, I'd love to see dynamic police, who can actually follow you and pull you over. This would be especially nice if they can do the same to the AI trucks.
I would say that, if we saw this someday, it will arrive in the reverse order.

It's way easier to script the scene of AI police stopping and AI truck than to deal real time an attempt to stop us (because if it's for realism, what if we don't stop? We move then to chase scenes GTA style?)

Liked the idea that a profile will be over if doing big felonies... I would like still more the flow of moaners coming here, asking for help because, they don't know how, they couldn't play more than a couple of minutes and had to start over again. :lol:

Regards
bobgrey1997

#9 Post by bobgrey1997 » 21 Sep 2021 21:39

Now, why would we have any GTA-style situation? Have you seen the police in GTA? Absolutely furthest thing from realism Rockstsr could come up with (even down to writing "Obey and Survive" on the cars instead of "Protect and Serve".
If chases become a thing, they'd be rather simple. Have the police follow the truck, maybe with a few friends, and set up detour-like roadblocks along the path if it goes on too long. This is exactly how such chases happen in reality.
Lawger

#10 Post by Lawger » 28 Sep 2021 07:41

Specifically, chases are not needed. You need to chase, the more you resist, the higher the penalty will be, rather than just stop and get a smaller fine. Thus, to add a little gameplay with AI, and so that the player is not always guilty of an accident, for example, a car drives into you when you are rebuilding, and you are still to blame, it infuriates.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”