Change the apperance of the road boundary limits

Road_Rumbler

Change the apperance of the road boundary limits

#1 Post by Road_Rumbler » 24 Sep 2021 23:17

Hi guys,

I really am not a fan of the current road boundary limits in the game. They ruin the driving experience for me. If you could think of an alternative that would be great. You could put physical barriers or simply remove them, we know on the GPS the road on the map ends there, sometimes we forget but from the visual perspective it ruins the drive. Also the petrol station as well, the floating bright green object should also be something that i am not a fan of the visual perspective of. So basically all the icons in the game should come with an option to turn them off in the game settings :mrgreen:
Underscore_101_

Re: Change the apperance of the road boundary limits

#2 Post by Underscore_101_ » 25 Sep 2021 06:31

you can turn the symbols of by changing this line:

uset g_show_game_blockers "1"

in the profile config.cfg
so not the main config file, but the one in a profile folder.

change the 1 to a 0

edit: you can open the file with wordpad that comes standard in Windows pc's
Road_Rumbler

Re: Change the apperance of the road boundary limits

#3 Post by Road_Rumbler » 27 Sep 2021 11:26

Hello! I like your recommendation but I an not sure where the correct .cfg file is. I looked in the documents section inside the folder where I thought inside the sub folder called "profiles" would be this file but that's empty. I looked inside the steam_profiles where there is defenetly a config file like that but it's missing that configuration. There is also a direct file inside ETS2 folder in documents called config.cfg but it is also missing the configuration line, I can simply drop it in there but is that the one?

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”