Speed sensitivity for Gamepad

2bh14hek

Speed sensitivity for Gamepad

#1 Post by 2bh14hek » 27 Sep 2021 07:23

Gamepad players have to slow down a lot to turn in high speed corners or sharp turns. Other driving games usually have the speed sensitivity option with which u can adjust how much u want the steering to smoothen out based on your speed. Please add the option of speed sensitivity in the gamepad control settings. Please.
pigbrother

Re: Speed sensitivity for Gamepad

#2 Post by pigbrother » 27 Sep 2021 07:27

There is already an option for that, steering non-linearity, mine is set at 50% and is fine.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
2bh14hek

#3 Post by 2bh14hek » 10 Oct 2021 11:12

pigbrother wrote: 27 Sep 2021 07:27 There is already an option for that, steering non-linearity, mine is set at 50% and is fine.
Steering non-linearity only determines how fast the wheel comes back to the normal position after you're done turning. It does nothing to help turn in at fast or slow corners.
xXCARL1992Xx

#4 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 10 Oct 2021 11:15

this has nothing to do with centering, this changes the rotation of your wheels relativ to your steering wheel, you have to steer more turn more at higher speeds and vice versa
Non-linearity changes how the sensitivity changes based on how far you turn it. For example, lets say we're using the default sensitivity, where turning from 0° to 5° turns the car 5° in game (hypothetically, I don't know the real in game values). If the turning was completely linear, turning the wheel from 5° to 10° would also cause the tires to rotate an additional 5°.

If the steering were non-linear, going from 0° to 5° might give a 5° turn in game; but going from 5° to 10° might give you an 8° turn. In otherwords, non-linear behaviour means that the sensitivity to movement actually changes based on the position of the controller. Typically, the further you are away from the default position, the more sensitive it becomes.
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”