Possibility to customize the Route Advisor in game

Do you have a problem with the route advisor obstructing the truck's onboard GPS?

Yes
75%
No - i play with the onboard GPS turned off
No votes
No - my main truck does not have an onboard GPS by default
No votes
No - i use a route advisor mod
25%

Total votes: 4

dsf.fernando

Possibility to customize the Route Advisor in game

#1 Post by dsf.fernando » 20 Oct 2021 14:35

Does it realistically fit the simulation aspects of the game? - Not appliable
Can it be implemented under the current technology used by the game? (I.E, is it too demanding on the games engine or would it require a complete change in the code base of the game?) - Yes, many mods showed it is possible to change the in-game UI
Does your idea add enough to gameplay to be worth the time invested in implementing it? (For instance, adding a "walk around the truck and inspect the brakes, tires and clamps" doesn't really add to gameplay. It's just a cinematic event.) - Yes. It would be a helpful aid for some players which drive multiple trucks. I.e., my main trucks are the Actros MP3 and MP4 and my Route Advisor screen is set to show truck damage and warnings. While in MP3 i don't need adjustments since it does not present a GPS by default and i can use the left side GPS available on the shop, in MP4 i cannot do it because the route advisor obstructs the GPS present by default on this truck.
Consider how your idea affects other aspects of the game. A "random tire blowout" simulation may affect the delivery times needed. Otherwise players will find that getting paid nothing because of a random tire blowout quite annoying and boring. Likewise, having more time for delivery means less pressure under normal circumstances. - No interference in any other aspect outside of user interface.
How many players will/may enjoy your requested feature? For instance, if you were to ask for force feedback simulation in your custom FFB gear selector... How many players would be able to enjoy this as only a few may own the device in question. - Players which drive trucks like the Actros MP4 and others where the GPS is located at the center of te dashboard
Does your idea have any discussion value that warrants a separate thread? - I think the current damage and delivery info display obstruct the truck's default GPS screen on its default position, and would like to have an option to customize the arrangement of the Route Advisor in the screen to something like what SISL made on his Route Advisor (one of the most popular Workshop mods), or to any other position which fits better each truck's specifications.

This is possible in Project CARS 2 and Assetto Corsa, where each item's positioning can be freely adjusted.
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
LegoTechnicFanBoi

Re: Possibility to customize the Route Advisor in game

#2 Post by LegoTechnicFanBoi » 20 Oct 2021 14:48

this feature would be very nice in both games

+1
SORRY FOR MY WRITING MISTAKES IN ENGLISH. I SOMETIMES NEED TO USE TRANSLATOR

A Proud LEGO Fan since childhood

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”