4 Suggestions and 1 Request

Optional Features

Re: 4 Suggestions and 1 Request

#11 Post by Optional Features » 12 Nov 2021 10:00

iconRJ wrote: 12 Nov 2021 06:21 @seriousmods I believe those who are against putting new ideas into play are a minority.
Perhaps, but they are definitely outspoken!

Hope your idea gets a look from the devs!
bobgrey1997

#12 Post by bobgrey1997 » 12 Nov 2021 10:32

seriousmods wrote: 12 Nov 2021 01:53 This general concept is something stunning about the SCS forum. Any mention of new features (walk mode, load securement, or this cost of living concept) is met with a resounding no from the community. I once mentioned tools to make modding easier and faced staunch opposition to that.
The difference here is doing walk-around inspections, fueling, securing the load, etc are all directly relevant to the core gameplay (experiencing OTR truck driving). An arbitrary "cost of living" would vastly change for each person based on aspects otherwise completely absent from the game (home payments, child care, etc). None of this has any place in the scope of this game. Since when does any flight sim, train sim, or any other specific simulator represent this? Having a cost for something that simply doesn't exist within the setting of the game is actually quite counterintuitive to the immersion. Instead, we need other relevant things to spend money on, such expanding our business logistically (hiring managers for our drivers, planners and dispatchers to find and plan loads to those drivers, shop mechanics, etc). We need a more in-depth economy and business to spend our money in, not an arbitrary cost for non-existant features.
iconRJ

#13 Post by iconRJ » 12 Nov 2021 14:12

@bobgrey1997 my dear friend, where is it written in the first post that it would be "arbitrary"?
If it's implemented in the game and you don't want to use it, don't use it, simple as that.
Again, the interference of this mechanism is because it is unrealistic to buy a new truck in just 4 or 5 trips, in addition to what could include in these costs the daily operations of a transport company, after all if you are the owner of the company , you decide where the profits go.
In my opinion, when it's too easy to level up in the game, buy trucks, etc., you lose your sense of achievement.
FACEBOOK: Iconrj

Sorry for my terrible English. :P :P :P :P :D :D ;)
Optional Features

#14 Post by Optional Features » 12 Nov 2021 17:10

@bobgrey1997 Yeah, maybe there's a better name for it, but I understand what he's saying.

You have to run mods to struggle in this game. Otherwise, money comes quickly and easily. And I seriously doubt trucking is that lucrative for most people.
bobgrey1997

#15 Post by bobgrey1997 » 12 Nov 2021 21:31

iconRJ wrote: 12 Nov 2021 14:12 @bobgrey1997 my dear friend, where is it written in the first post that it would be "arbitrary"?
If it's implemented in the game and you don't want to use it, don't use it, simple as that.
Again, the interference of this mechanism is because it is unrealistic to buy a new truck in just 4 or 5 trips, in addition to what could include in these costs the daily operations of a transport company, after all if you are the owner of the company , you decide where the profits go.
In my opinion, when it's too easy to level up in the game, buy trucks, etc., you lose your sense of achievement.
If the problem is that is too easy to advance, then the economy needs a rework. This "cost of living" is still irrelevant in that regard.
The only way to make progression more difficult is to lower the income from each job, then add relevant costs to grow the business and maintain the assets of it. Maybe SCS should focus first on these relevant features instead trying to force the situation by adding some irrelevant arbitrary cost in the background that has nothing tp do with the game itself.

It's not about not liking the way the feature is used, it's about wasting the time to develop it while it has literally nothing to do with the rest of the game. SCS should use that time and money to instead expand on company management and economy to increase the difficulty and immersion to achieve the same result (slow down progression by the means of meaningful growth and management).
iconRJ

#16 Post by iconRJ » 13 Nov 2021 05:45

@bobgrey1997 young man, why do you keep claiming it's "arbitrary"? For the last time, it would be OPTIONAL, if it doesn't work for you, don't use it. It would just deactivate and you can continue anyway, it's simple.
But I understand your opinion, and I disagree with you that SCS will spend time and money on simple mechanics.

bobgrey1997

#17 Post by bobgrey1997 » 13 Nov 2021 07:28

I keep saying "arbitrary" because it. The definition of arbitrary has nothing to do with if someone wants to make of it or not.
"Arbitrary" is an adjective meaning "based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system."
A "cost of living" would not be based on any current situations around the player character's life, it would be a random number. This is what arbitrary means. It has absolutely nothing to do with it being optional.
I'm more curious as to why anyone would want a useless arbitrary cost being deducted instead of having more relevant things to spend on. Improving business management and maintenance would not only make progression financially harder, but also provide more gameplay. Win-win.

Also, please stop notifying me on every post. If you are responding directly after my posts, it is obvious you are responding to me. I don't need the notifications for that.
iconRJ

#18 Post by iconRJ » 03 Dec 2021 00:01

"Arbitrary" in my language has a greater sense of something imposing, or dictatorial, but even taking into account the meaning you give it, your strong opposition still doesn't make sense, no argument you use holds up.

"It would be a random number" you say, please reread post #8. The player chooses the value.

"Improve the management and maintenance of the business", my idea doesn't nullify yours, all you have to do is elaborate it and create a post about it, simple.

And remembering that there is already a payment system when we take loans from the bank, so your fallacy that it would cost SCS time and money is just that, meaningless fallacy.

bobgrey1997

#19 Post by bobgrey1997 » 03 Dec 2021 00:58

The arguments that holds up is that this "cost of living" has no use.
If you want to spend money, then maybe suggest things to actually buy and make use of, suxh as (as mentioned previously) non-driver staff to maintain the equipment, find loads, and assign loads to drivers. Maybe be able to reserve parking spaces at some truck stops at an extra cost (would only really be useful with we get more crowded truck stops, as seen in reality), expanding the business beyond garages (maintenance shops, offices, driver facilities, etc).
We need useful features to spend money on, not useless "cost of living" for something that doesn't even exist.

I don't disagree with the base idea here. It is fsr too easy to progress, and the game quickly gets boring as a result.
However, this "cost of living" will not help. All it will do is make progression slightly slower, but won't change how we go about progressing. It also won't add anything new to progress through.
Expanding on the business management side of the game will not only give us more things to spend on (and as a result, less total profit at the end of the day, therefore slowing overall progression), but it will also give us an entirely new line of progression with more things to do, resulting in a less boring experience after a while.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”