Your 3 things for the game to become prefect.

alike

Your 3 things for the game to become prefect.

#1 Post by alike » 07 Dec 2021 08:16

Name 3 things you would like them to add for the game to become close to perfect for you. It will be interesting to see the different thing people want the most.

My things are as follows:

1. The 4 seasons with dynamic snow in the winter.
2. A new Anti-aliasing method like TAA.
3. Improved traffic.
Flemming V
Global moderator

Re: Your 3 things for the game to become prefect.

#2 Post by Flemming V » 07 Dec 2021 08:29

ETS2:
1. Truck and Trailers like the BDF Tandem mod. :-)
2. Walk around the truck
3. Manual unloading (Open trailer doors/side use forklift)

ATS:
1. CABOVERS !!!
2. Walk around the truck
3. Manual unloading (Open trailer doors/side use forklift)
bobgrey1997

#3 Post by bobgrey1997 » 07 Dec 2021 08:45

Can only speak for American trucking, as I have no experience as a trucker in Europe, but I'd guess these (should they be added) would be in both games.

1: Better management of hours of service (being able to set your status at any time, allowing for shorter breaks and split of the sleeper rule, as well as an on-duty non-drive status in the form of Yard Move).
2: Being able to get out of the truck, open and close each door and the hood, and be able to climb under the trailer to perform inspections. Along these same lines, be able to interact with the interior of the truck, such as getting up out of the seat and moving back to the bed when shutting down for an overnight break. Part of inspections would include being able to open the trailer doors, slide the tandems, load/secure cargo in the case of flatbeds and other exposed trailers, etc.
3: Company management expansion in the form of replacing the existing garage system with a modular yard system, allowing you to purchase land and utilize it for parking/storing your trucks and trailers outdoors, service shops to customize and repair those trucks and trailers, fuel islands, and offices, as well hiring non-driver staff to operate these facilities and help you manage your fleets by finding loads and assigning them to your drivers.
AkePhoe

#4 Post by AkePhoe » 09 Dec 2021 11:05

- reworked economy model with realistic drive/resttimes, realistic income and more restareas on map to match the resttimes/drivetimes
- a dynamic 365day/year weather/climatic/time model with realistic day/night lightingsystem and (more) realistic damagemodel
- a more in game driving gameplay with, as above mentionend, manual laoding/unloading, walkaround and realistic ai traffic behaviour
Garrington_Levy

#5 Post by Garrington_Levy » 09 Dec 2021 21:07

1. Fix the traffic. This is the single biggest issue that has never been fixed. Roundabouts are very simple, outside lane to turn off at the first and second exit. inside lane to make a full rotation and use third and forth exit of applicable, not go steaming in and start a mass free for all like the AI does currently. As well as the constant lane switching and inability to use speed limits, I experience this so often and it makes me so cross - sitting behind cars doing 60kph in a 90kph zone or just not moving at all with no sign of an obstruction in the road - I get this might to simulate douchebag drivers but at a rate of 8/10 it's just plain infuriating.

2. Interactive loading and unloading, with vehical checks - make sure everything is tight and secure and fit for the road. Again a big thing for a more immersive experience. Self explanitory really.

3. Fluctuating fuel prices, but this would be super hard as it's not a certainty that everyone playing will be connected to the interwebs for it to work, so a basic script would work in lue of that. It'd add an extra element to economical driving as well as route planning as even thought I'm a billionaire in game, I still don't like paying £1.58 for a litre of diesel. Cheapskate to max.
Has anyone ever been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Wolfi
Beta tester

#6 Post by Wolfi » 09 Dec 2021 21:41

1. Rework old trucks with CAD quality
2. Add smaller class trucks (Volvo FM/FE, DAF CF, Scania P, etc)
3. More options for personalizing interior (custom colors, more clutter, built-in TV's, etc)
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
Optional Features

#7 Post by Optional Features » 09 Dec 2021 23:20

The thing I want out of SCS games is a challenge. In a separate discussion, I likened the current state of both games to a flight simulator where it's always sunny and the middle of the day. I'd like a simulator that lives up to its name and simulates a truncated version of the real life of professional drivers. So here are my three things:

1. Lifestyle. I want to play ATS/ETS2 and feel like a virtual truck driver. I want to be able to make repairs in my own shop, park at my own house, eat and buy goodies at truckstops, sleep in hotels/or on the side of the highway, listen to chatter on the AI cb radio, and so on. The game already has some of these elements, but many are missing. I see many others mentioning being able to get out of the truck. Getting out of the truck is the start of being able to experience a trucker lifestyle. Right now, we're trapped in the truck just driving around endlessly.
2. Business. I want to feel like a business owner when I buy my first truck. I want to be able to design my own logo in game and apply it to my trucks, fill out my own logbooks, hire or team up with AI drivers, purchase my own yards, store my own trailers and trucks in these yards, hire mechanics to fix my trucks, and whatnot. Earning money shouldn't be easy. It currently is.
3. Cargo. I want to interact with my cargo from multiple perspectives. I want traffic jams that delay shipments, cargo damage that results in rejected loads, load positioning to stay within legal axle weights, and cargo securement for everything from pallets to buldozers.

But overall, I want a challenge. This game represents a situation more ideal than anything any real trucker ever faces in day to day life. Nowhere on earth can a trucker show up barely on time, instantly get loaded, get onto the highway with almost no traffic, cross mountains without any threat of snow, go through a scale significantly overweight (and without permits to justify), and just generally cruise around without a care in the world. Truck brakes never overheat; tires never blow; hills barely require a gear shift when fully loaded (unless you're oversize), and the truckstops always have parking. This is "Easy Road": I want Euro/American Truck Simulator.
bobgrey1997

#8 Post by bobgrey1997 » 10 Dec 2021 03:15

I'd love a more expanded lifestyle simulation, but I don't think the "home life" should be included, as there is no end to that and it goes far beyomd the scope of these games. If you have a house, then you should be able to buy furniture, have families, make friends, host parties, etc. None of that fits into the game, so the home should not either.
As for the rest of it, I'd love to be able to explore truck stops, our company yards (yes, yards, not just the pathetic garages we have now), customer depots, etc.
I should be able to exit the truck, walk into the shipping/receiving office to hand in my paperwork (or recieve it) before going back out to the truck to hook up to (or drop) the trailer (or get it loaded or unloaded).

While I don't mind not seeing this in favor of the simplistic design, at least being able to inspect and maintain the truck itself would be enough for me, but anything less will keep this game a knock-off arcade version of what a simulator should be.
I don't mean that as a bad thing. If SCS wants an arcade style game, that is their decision to make.
Optional Features

#9 Post by Optional Features » 10 Dec 2021 03:59

bobgrey1997 wrote: 10 Dec 2021 03:15 I'd love a more expanded lifestyle simulation, but I don't think the "home life" should be included, as there is no end to that and it goes far beyomd the scope of these games. If you have a house, then you should be able to buy furniture, have families, make friends, host parties, etc. None of that fits into the game, so the home should not either.
As for the rest of it, I'd love to be able to explore truck stops, our company yards (yes, yards, not just the pathetic garages we have now), customer depots, etc.
I should be able to exit the truck, walk into the shipping/receiving office to hand in my paperwork (or recieve it) before going back out to the truck to hook up to (or drop) the trailer (or get it loaded or unloaded).

While I don't mind not seeing this in favor of the simplistic design, at least being able to inspect and maintain the truck itself would be enough for me, but anything less will keep this game a knock-off arcade version of what a simulator should be.
I don't mean that as a bad thing. If SCS wants an arcade style game, that is their decision to make.
Oh, I agree with you! I don't expect SCS to make this into a house simulator either, but what I would like to see is the ability to buy a house as a "yard" for those owner operators that do park at home while not driving, and to be able to sleep at the house like you can at a normal garage. That's about it. Maybe wash the truck at home, too. That would be nice.

I'd liken the experience I expect out of a game called a Truck "Simulator" to be that shown in some of the YouTube videos I watch of real life truckers. This guy is a good example. He shows us bits and pieces of his life as a trucker. Some bits about maintenance, some bits about truck upgrades, some bits about struggles to find cargo, some bits about the loading process, some bits about traffic, etc. If you play ATS/ETS2, I feel you should have a realistic view of the life of a trucker. The game as it is just isn't there.

Take fueling for example. Pull up to the fuel station, shut off the engine, hold down a key, and the truck is full in seconds. That should take far longer and be much more involved. Fueling is a chance to wash the windows, inspect the truck and trailer, check the load/securement, and maybe chat with a fellow driver. All of this is left out of the game, even the fact that at a normal gas station, the hose might not fit to the other side.

SCS is way too focused on trying to add stuff to keep people busy. What people want is features. A tuning pack or some wheels is nice, but being able to open the doors and maybe even load some cargo is something that'll bring far more enjoyment to the average player.
bobgrey1997

#10 Post by bobgrey1997 » 10 Dec 2021 16:20

Yeah, using the driveway of a house as a parking spot would be interesting.
Fueling can easily be well over a half hour process in reality. If you are at a normal gas station and can only fill one tank, it will take MUCH longer, and you won't even be abe to get a full tank (wall, A full tank, but not be able to fill the other).

I do think SCS is definitely going the wrong route, which is why I haven't played this game since Convoy went into beta. Convoy was a new feature, and I had some fun with it for a bit while at home for a few weeks. However, unless you have an active group of friends to play with, it doesn't serve much good.
The same old limited features to use, but only with some new looks and roads is not enough to keep me (and many other) involved. This is the reason I even haven't bought Wyoming. I do everything these games show on a daily basis and more in reality, so I'd like to bring some more of that into the game.
I only haul van and reefer loads, no tanker, flatbed, or intermodal.
If we get a more in-depth simulation experience, I could actually experience the life of a flatbed hauler, or intermodal, without having to go through extra training and switch jobs in reality. This would keep me far more involved.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”