Better way to track achievements

gtrabach

Better way to track achievements

#1 Post by gtrabach » 08 Dec 2021 23:16

I think that a addition that would be very welcome, speacially to me and anyone that is a achievement hunter, is the ability to better track the progress of achievements inside the game.

While some are self explanatory, some achievements demands more time and control over what the objectives you already have done.

Let's take for example the achievement Go Nuclear! from Vive La France DLC. It requires that you to deliver cargoes to all nuclear power plants in France. There are five power plants in France, and you can see the quantity of power plants you made a delivery in your profile on Steam. BUT, you can't see what are the power plants are pending to deliver the cargo.

If I have made two of five deliveries, I can't see what are the cities that I have made deliveries and what are the ones left.

The way that I imagine is to create a new option inside the game menu where you can track this progress, in a way like Steam but more detailed, like this:

Achievement: Go Nuclear!
Description: Deliver cargo to five nuclear plants in France
Progress: 2 of 5
Details: These are the nuclear plants needed to complete the achievement.
[ ] Civaux | Not yet completed
[X] Golfech | Completed
[ ] Paluel | Not yet completed
[X] Saint-Alban-du-Rhône | Completed
[ ] Saint-Laurent | Not yet completed

This way, I can focus on deliveries to the plants of Civaux, Paluel and Saint-Laurent, making the progress more easy to see and motivating players that wish to do all achievements in the game.
Last edited by gtrabach on 20 Dec 2021 23:14, edited 1 time in total.
fplo

Re: Better way to track achievements

#2 Post by fplo » 09 Dec 2021 20:58

great idea
room217au

#3 Post by room217au » 09 Dec 2021 23:27

I use pen and paper.
If you suck at playing the trumpet, that's probably why.
charelsyu08

#4 Post by charelsyu08 » 10 Dec 2021 11:33

I would love to see something like this as well. At least some way of tracking the achievement in-game instead of relying on steam or whatever its currently using. Also, some details about the achievement you have started would be nice. Maybe as well as a way to mark an achievement as active achievement where jobs related to it will be automatically highlighted for you.
gtrabach

#5 Post by gtrabach » 14 Dec 2021 13:56

room217au wrote: 09 Dec 2021 23:27 I use pen and paper.
Yes, currently I use that too or I save the progress on some apps like notepad or Google Keep.

It's works, but a solution inside the game would be waaaay better.
gtrabach

#6 Post by gtrabach » 14 Dec 2021 13:58

@charelsyu08

Great idea, the ability of highlight a job that is a part of an achievement you're tracking would be very welcome.
room217au

#7 Post by room217au » 17 Dec 2021 05:12

gtrabach wrote: 14 Dec 2021 13:56It's works, but a solution inside the game would be waaaay better.
Agreed. I've even gone so far as printing spreadsheets with the Achievements listed. Just tick them as completed. Old school :)
If you suck at playing the trumpet, that's probably why.
vanhouten_cz

#8 Post by vanhouten_cz » 17 Dec 2021 10:45

This small achievements are simple. But Iberia or Baltic Sea are more difficult (for example Lets get shipping, Industry Standard, Like a farmer). In some achievements you can see which companies are undiscovered, but achievement Industry Standard was terrible (2 deliveries to one company). I agree with ingame checklist. Till that time, I am using excel :-D

I am also Achievement hunter. Acctualy 79/81 :-)

[ external image ]
j7n

#9 Post by j7n » 18 Dec 2021 07:30

I believe achievements were initially created as a mini-game to attract users to the Steam platform. I've not seen a game that provides an interface or even notifies the user about them. Half-Life did it in the console, but that hardly counts.
Some newbie driver

#10 Post by Some newbie driver » 18 Dec 2021 08:05

There are lots of games that you can check the achievements status from inside the game because the game itself has been thought with them in mind; and then also they are replicated on the Steam client.

There's also games that show (in Steam GUI) a more detailed info about what's lack to be done in certain achievement to be completed.

For sure there will be some limitations of the system that could give problems with some achievements; but what we see and what we don't is mostly a choice of the developers.

Regards

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”