Sound Fixes Pack for SCANIA Truck Driving Simulator v2.1.1

Drive Safely

Sound Fixes Pack for SCANIA Truck Driving Simulator v2.1.1

#1 Post by Drive Safely » 04 Jul 2017 13:11

Hello and welcome back to 2012 everyone! :D Just kidding, I thought it would be nice to make Sound Fixes Pack available for Scania Truck Driving Simulator.
I've been working on this as a secret project and am glad to finally release it. I wanted to get it out before the end of the 2017 Steam summer sale.

This mod doesn't follow the traditional Sound Fixes Pack format like you're used to in ETS2 and ATS, because this overhauls even the truck engine sounds and the entire UI and music sounds, so please read below.

[ external image ]

Description

- Pack provides improvements to common sounds in the game, making them feel more immersive and real.

Optimal audio settings

Before applying the mod, be sure you're happy with your audio settings. I've designed it for the following ideal settings (music volume at 50% in the slider).

[ external image ]

Feature list

## 1. Scania truck sounds

* Reworked engine sounds of the Scania you drive in the game. Note this does NOT have a V8 engine so there is no V8 sound.
* Real indicator sounds.
* Real air horn sound.
* Real reverse beeper sound.
* Increased volume of wiper sounds.
* Engine brake sound.
* Air brake sounds.
* Gear air sounds when changing gear.
* Trailer coupling sound.

## 2. Mover sounds

* Reworked sounds of existing mover sounds and added mover sounds to some movers (moving objects) in the game (e.g. helicopters, trains)

## 3. Environment sounds

* Reworked some sounds of the environment with suitable volumes.
* 18 Wheels of Steel rock concert for the Rock Concert level.
* Toned down volume of reactions at Scania Young Truck Driver Competition.

## 4. Music/UI

While there is an in-game Music player and Radio player, it's pretty useless because it cancels out when you return to the menu unlike in ETS2 and ATS.
So I've decided to include remixed menu music from SCS Software's games (you can mute it in the settings if you don't want it).

* Remixed menu music from some of the music from SCS Software's soundtrack from current and previous titles.
* Reworked all UI sounds.

## 5. AI Traffic sounds

* More refined generic AI traffic car sounds. Less buzz noise and more tire sounds and quiet engine sounds.
* Scania truck engine sounds for Scania trucks in AI traffic.

How to enable mod

You need to put it in your mod folder in your Scania Truck Driving Simulator user directory (typically in your Documents folder).
If you don't have a mod folder, create one! Folder name is "mod". Once you've put the mod in the folder, you're good to go and you can start up the game (note there is no Mod Manager - it's all file based).

[ external image ]

Other notes

Please note that due to the age of this game (last updated 2014), I can't add all the sound features that you expect in ETS2 and ATS. It just goes to show that SCS Software has come a long way in these past few years (this applies to the graphics/visuals of the game too).
Therefore, sounds like tire sounds, gravel sounds, parking brake sounds, gear grinding sounds, low air pressure sounds, etc. are non-existent in this mod because they weren't implemented at the time.

The physics/handling is different in this game, so be prepared for that. Feel free to try drifting. :lol:

Compatibility

* Compatible for and tested on Scania Truck Driving Simulator game version 1.6.1.
* Compatible for Windows XP operating system or higher - tested on Windows 10.

Credits

* SCS Software for base sounds and music
* Drive Safely for pitch, reverberation and sound edits, some sound samples, and for compiling mod
* AlexeyP for some sounds from Improved Environment Sound
* nIGhT-SoN for raindrop definitions

Check out Sound Fixes Pack for ETS2/ATS

http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=212&t=200919

Download

Mod file size is 69 MB.

- https://sharemods.com/rhmw0wccs3tl/zzz_ ... m.scs.html [ShareMods]

Enjoy the mod. :) Support is available on this forum. Please report any issues you may find. I hope you enjoy this mod if you do happen to use it. ;)
Last edited by Drive Safely on 16 Oct 2021 23:15, edited 4 times in total.
Milan1NL

Re: Sound Fixes Pack for SCANIA Truck Driving Simulator

#2 Post by Milan1NL » 05 Jul 2017 13:10

Wow! Nice job mate!! Going to try it soon :)
***My English is not very good with spelling or something like that***
[ external image ]
ETS2 gamer since the first day when it comes out!
My Screenshot topic | My World Of Trucks
[ external image ]
theclumsygeek

#4 Post by theclumsygeek » 07 Jul 2017 05:12

Oh awesome, thanks man! I've had this game in my library for quite a while, but I think it's time I tried it out.
Drive Safely

#5 Post by Drive Safely » 07 Jul 2017 07:52

@theclumsygeek - Great to hear this inspired you to play it. Btw love your ETS2/ATS videos on Youtube. ;)
vulchor

#6 Post by vulchor » 14 Aug 2017 11:38

Wow, this is like the only real mod for Scania Driving sim. Sweet. Thanks, mate, never tried the game before but owned it for a while, firgured I'd give it a shot!
Drive Safely

#7 Post by Drive Safely » 15 Aug 2017 07:21

@vulchor - Great to hear! My record time on the Road of Death level is 1:43.55 in case you want to beat it. :D
Drive Safely

Re: Sound Fixes Pack for SCANIA Truck Driving Simulator v2.0

#8 Post by Drive Safely » 10 Dec 2017 08:47

I've decided to release an update for this mod. :)

What's new in 2.0?
- Reworked stereophonic interior engine sounds
- Finetuned exterior engine sounds
- New horn
- New track "Cologne 1983" added to Main Menu
- Changed 1 AI traffic truck horn
- Finetuned AI traffic sounds
- New Scania Logo sequence sound on game startup

@Boerger - Hate to make this more of a challenge. But I have since beaten my record. :D

Funny thing was I wasn't even trying to, I just concentrated with the new engine sounds and reached the finish line and then I was like what? A new personal best? :shock:

The new record for me is 1:35.61!
[ external image ]
vulchor

Re: Sound Fixes Pack for SCANIA Truck Driving Simulator v2.0

#9 Post by vulchor » 10 Dec 2017 08:55

Gotta love that, when you're not even trying. Seems like a metaphor for life sometimes, lol. Anyway, thanks for the update. Now if only someone could port those new Scanias over to this game =D
Drive Safely

Re: Sound Fixes Pack for SCANIA Truck Driving Simulator v2.1

#10 Post by Drive Safely » 03 May 2019 02:38

Pack updated to v2.1 with some reduced volume tweaks and some refreshed sounds for AI traffic.

If you need a reason to try this mod, it's the music. :)

Return to “Others”