Not enough space for characters

plykkegaard

Re: Not enough space for characters

#11 Post by plykkegaard » 21 Aug 2020 14:23

Shorten the text, use abbreviations, I am sure it is fixable within current UI limitations

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
chopoland

Re: No hay suficiente espacio para los personajes

#12 Post by chopoland » 21 Aug 2020 14:24

@RoxyQuarry I do not know what problem you have, seriously, I repeat that the Spanish translation is of an EXCELLENT QUALITY. Translators CANNOT SEE in real time WHERE THE TEXTS GO. If you are going to say that the translation sucks because of two stupids texts that are out of a box, I would really love to see you translate them.

With every update there are many language errors that are corrected, don't suffer. I ask again for RESPECT for the people who use their time so that you can enjoy the game.
Last edited by chopoland on 21 Aug 2020 14:34, edited 1 time in total.
plykkegaard

#13 Post by plykkegaard » 21 Aug 2020 14:29

Yep, suggest a translation

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
RoxyQuarry

#14 Post by RoxyQuarry » 21 Aug 2020 15:52

@chopoland For the love of God I am not saying that the translations are bad, the translations are accurate, my problem is the UI. It's the scaling ok, doesn't it seem obvious. The translations are great but my problem is SCS could do something about our static UI or mess with the font or font size to help make the text fit the box. IS THIS CLEAR? If I were to define the meaning of quality, it's the small details, accuracy and the fluency of the design, that's quality and I don't see it here, the only that's right is the accuracy.
RoxyQuarry

#15 Post by RoxyQuarry » 21 Aug 2020 16:03

The translators have done an excellent job and I appreciate that, but I am most disappointed to see a 1-2 minute job that could be done to ensure that the text and UI are in perfect touch. I am not blaming the translators but the ones that are in charge of the design of the UI. The translations are fine, my problem is the UI.
plykkegaard

#16 Post by plykkegaard » 21 Aug 2020 16:09

The UI is static and cannot be changed, the dimensions and the font size or type cannot be changed
The text has to be shortened somehow

RoxyQuarry

#17 Post by RoxyQuarry » 21 Aug 2020 16:18

The UI doesn't have to be static, it's could be changed and different versions could be made for different languages. So changing the language would change the UI as well. It wouldn't be hard because SCS could simply copy and paste the files and just make minor alterations to the files, like changing the size of text boxes. You get the point, right?
plykkegaard

#18 Post by plykkegaard » 21 Aug 2020 16:44

You need to calculate placement for all elements per pixel
A daunting task as you also must consider screen resolution an full screen versus windowed view

Some newbie driver

#19 Post by Some newbie driver » 21 Aug 2020 16:52

Game UI needs a rework to put the game into the modern times (regarding that subject) and due several reasons way more important than the one discussed here. When that happens, they will probably made a modern flexible UI to avoid that kind of problems. But in the meantime, they aren't going to do spaghetti code to patch just one text windows for some languages.
plykkegaard

#20 Post by plykkegaard » 21 Aug 2020 17:42

To have dynamic UI in game you need to create the UI as an floating overlay
Afaik the common method is to switch from game and configuration to solve this and create the UI as dynamic as possible
Some games has hud overlays which can be resized to compensate for high resolution screens

Return to “Game Localization”