Engine Voice Records - it's starting to feel like a scam

Kuszotke

Engine Voice Records - it's starting to feel like a scam

#1 Post by Kuszotke » 05 Apr 2021 19:47

So it's been over a year since we could use EVR sounds in the game, and while updating sounds certainly takes some work and time, people like Kriechbaum, Zeemods (free mods) and others were able to update their sounds fairly quickly.
Meanwhile for over a year now we are unable to use sounds that WE PAID FOR. I could understand a long wait if it was a free mod, but these sounds are products for which i and many others paid with our own money.
Many people, including me, are understandably tired and irritated.

The guy who runs EVR has in the mean time (there is an unlisted video on his channel from a bus recording session) gone to work on Fernbus sounds (rather than first fulfilling obligations towards customers) and recently has shut down his website stating that "this is due to technical work and they are working on updating sounds packages to 1.40". You can't even log into your account.

Am i the only one who after spending a good buck on a couple of his/their products is starting to get a little worried about this? Frankly, this is becoming a bit outrageous. Last time we could use these paid sounds was in February 2020.

I'm not making any accusations, but the lack of communication and only hearing "we're working on it" for the past year without any visible effects is concerning. Does anyone have any potentially significant information on this topic?

NARS

Re: Engine Voice Records - it's starting to feel like a scam

#2 Post by NARS » 07 Apr 2021 11:01

That`s why my money ONLY goes to scs... :roll:

FierbetoN

#3 Post by FierbetoN » 07 Apr 2021 11:15

I would say he just keeps biting off more than he can chew, mods were always a side project for him. He always promises more high quality sounds instead of just setting a bar and going with it, and sometimes he provides them (the last 3 sounds are amazing), but it takes too much time.

Kuszotke

#4 Post by Kuszotke » 13 Apr 2021 13:15

NARS wrote:
07 Apr 2021 11:01
That`s why my money ONLY goes to scs... :roll:
It's a shame that SCS' sounds are well... bad.

Some newbie driver

#5 Post by Some newbie driver » 13 Apr 2021 18:53

Your money could anyways go only to SCS and keep using different sounds. Just using mods that aren't payed at all (if you later want to donate to that author is a different history)

In fact, there's never the assurance that something for what you payed will have updates in the future. Not for mods, not for SCS either. You should pay for things in base of the value they had in that moment, in base of that you could use them in that moment. Expectations of future updates doesn't translate into insurances about that going to happen.

Mohegan13
Beta tester

#6 Post by Mohegan13 » 14 Apr 2021 09:00

That's the risk you take when you chose to pay for mods. There's no guarantee the modder will ever update them, and some of them will charge you again for the updates.

That's just one of the many reasons paid mods are not allowed here, as well as the obvious legal issues.
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
But on my tombstone when I go, just put 'death by rock and roll'.

xeviax

#7 Post by xeviax » 14 Apr 2021 16:22

& I am still using ford f-max evr sounds in 1.40. :)

Aryan

#8 Post by Aryan » 18 Apr 2021 19:07

@Kuszotke I can fix EVR sound from 1.36 to 1.40 for you،if you want and author permission for it.

Mohegan13
Beta tester

#10 Post by Mohegan13 » 24 Apr 2021 13:09

When you sell anything online you are legally bound to the same laws that govern all online purchases, whether you are a company or an individual.
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
But on my tombstone when I go, just put 'death by rock and roll'.

Return to “Off topic and other voices”