Truck Scale Models, anyone?

Arnook

Re: Truck Scale Models, anyone?

#11 Post by Arnook » 27 Apr 2020 19:13

really cool collection @Eugene ! Thanks for sharing that with us, especially all the ex-Soviet trucks which are still almost-unknown in western Europe...

I used to build kits in 1:24 scale too (Scania R, Actros MP2, Schmitz reefer, etc.), most of them hurt my eyes seeing how poorly they were built :lol:
Unlike what is shown in this thread, geat work on those Italeri models, I remembers how poorly detailed some of them were for the scale...

I am interested in some Tekno/WSI custom trucks (mostly danish or dutch combos) now that I have a steady job that allows such a hobby

I hope you don't mind if I ask you some questions :
Do you buy them on the brand's shop (tekno/wsi/eligor/etc) or do you use special resellers ??
I see some of the guys on Facebook in special fan-groups where they pre-order the new arrivals and everything is sold-out really quickly :/
Also, which brand you recommend between WSI and Tekno regarding quality and details ?
Eugene
Global moderator

#12 Post by Eugene » 27 Apr 2020 20:16

@Arnook,Thanks man! Well most of my WSI/Tekno trucks were bought from Truck Dealers, but a couple of others were bought from a Official Dealer. You can find one on Tekno and WSI websites. Depending on dealer you may be able to pre-order stuff, some dealers put out information before manufacturer does. But yeah, cool trucks are often sold-out quick.
As for WSI-Tekno comparsion, it's a matter of taste i'd say. Some trucks are better made by Tekno, some by WSI. You can only decide by side-by-side comparsion. As a Volvo fan, i can honestly day that Tekno's FH4 is far better than WSI's
poozykrem

#13 Post by poozykrem » 27 Apr 2020 20:45

[ external image ]
That's my first (I hope not the last one) truck of a model kit. I'm not a pro of paint and glue as you can see
Arnook

#14 Post by Arnook » 29 Apr 2020 10:37

@Eugene I see, thanks a lot for the infos mate ;)
Eugene
Global moderator

#15 Post by Eugene » 23 May 2020 20:43

I forgot that i haven't finished my story, so let's continue where we left off: soviet and post-USSR trucks.

A MAZ-504V "SovTransAvto" by NAP. Rather simple and cheap-ish model, only feature is removable canvas-top on the trailer. But it still looks very good.
[ external image ][ external image ]

A tipper-brother of 504 is 5549, which is actually a successor to 503A model. Again, quite cheap, simple model. Tipper doesn't lift up

Next up is 5335, successor to base truck 500A, wraps up the range of "500" family.

Another MAZ, from the 1980's, the 6422. Produced by AIST it has a fairly good dealisation. Trailer attached to it is an ODAZ 9786, bought separetly
[ external image ]

One more MAZ, 5440 from late 2000's. Same manufacturer, same quality and details.

Finishing off 1:43 scale we have a pride of the collection, probably, a MAZ 5337 Autocrane by SSM. It's functional, but very fragile, so most of the time it stays in a box.

Moving on to bigger toys, this one is 1:36. A Ford F-MAX by an unknown manufacturer. More of a toy than a model, but still, nice to have it, because there is no alternative yet.

And finally, the representative of 1:25 scale, Dong Feng KX. The biggest, the baddest (in a good way) model of them all. Because of a huge scale, it has lots of functional stuff: opening doors, tilting cab. And just like in real life, you have to open the hood before tilting the cab. But it doesn't just stop there. Front wheels are steerable, and as you steer them, steering wheel in interior is turned as well. And a finishing touch: drive shafts are fuctioning togerher with wheels. I was lucky to get it as a gift from my old workplace, but these things are available on aliexpress.
[ external image ]
tinusman

#16 Post by tinusman » 24 May 2020 05:32

💟Nice one`s: specialy those classic MAZ and those details on the Dong Feng.
Arnook

#17 Post by Arnook » 24 May 2020 08:43

Cool stuff once again @Eugene ! That Sovtransavto livery really is a classic ! Also the first time I see an oval country plate from the Soviet Union !

The details on the Dong Feng are looking good but tbh I have no real interest in the real truck :?
Eugene
Global moderator

#18 Post by Eugene » 24 May 2020 10:23

@tinusman Thanks!
@Arnook Thanks Arno! If you plan to gather a collection of 1:50 trucks you should consider these:
Volvo F89 SovTransAvto by WSI or Tekno. Tekno also has a F12 SovTransAvto. But they were produced some time ago and difficult to find now.
Arnook

#19 Post by Arnook » 24 May 2020 19:22

thanks for the info man ! Interesting choice from Sovtransavto to paint the trucks orange and not white or blue like the trailer !
LegoTechnicFanBoi

#20 Post by LegoTechnicFanBoi » 10 Jun 2020 11:20

I have a 1:64 scale SCANIA model with tanker
SORRY FOR MY WRITING MISTAKES IN ENGLISH. I SOMETIMES NEED TO USE TRANSLATOR

A Proud LEGO Fan since childhood

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”