Truck Scale Models, anyone?

Eugene
Global moderator

Truck Scale Models, anyone?

#1 Post by Eugene » 24 Jun 2018 20:13

Considerring we're all truck freaks here, there must be somebody who is also collecting truck models.

So i thought it has to be a good idea to make a dedicated topic where we could share pictures of our collections and latest additions to them, or just share pictures of cool scale models.

I, for example, always had truck-toys as a kid, and i was lucky enough to have not just cheap toys, but actual scale models, like popular KAMAZ scale trucks, many of them eventually got broken, but some of them are still with me and i'll show them later.
But having those toys as a kid made me somewhat of a collector. Of course, scale models is quite expensive hobby, and when you are young you don't really have the money to buy things you want, so my collection got growing as i became financially independent :D
So, i went 'big' in 2013 buying a 1:50 copy of a DAF XF Euro 6, produced by WSI
[ external image ][ external image ]

But 1:50 is not the only scale that i have, 1:43 is also a common one. And before i bought that DAF, the most expensive item on my shelf was this Motorart Volvo FH12, cant remember the exact price, but pretty shere it was above 50 euro.
[ external image ]

Later on i will show my other trucks, and i expect some pictures from you guys :)
natvander
SCS Software

Re: Truck Scale Models, anyone?

#2 Post by natvander » 25 Jun 2018 01:16

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

I also have several hundred fire trucks...and planes...and helicopters...and even some boats...
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Micho014

#3 Post by Micho014 » 26 Jun 2018 10:58

I personally have some tractor Scalemodels in 1:32 Scale.
Axel Slingerland

#4 Post by Axel Slingerland » 27 Jul 2018 06:49

Eugene wrote: 24 Jun 2018 20:13 Considerring we're all truck freaks here, there must be somebody who is also collecting truck models.
Yep, I have a few. Mostly NASCAR haulers, but I have an Allied Van Lines model somewhere.

Eugene wrote: 24 Jun 2018 20:13 Of course, scale models is quite expensive hobby...
Try collecting vintage guitars.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
VonChava

#5 Post by VonChava » 27 Jul 2018 11:16

I had a vapor model when I was younger. May I start again :)
Eugene
Global moderator

#6 Post by Eugene » 24 Apr 2020 19:35

With this Covid-19 lockdown i finally found some time to do some photoshooting of my collection.
I'll continue my previous old post with 1:50 models

My DAF line up got wider with older XF105 model and newer XF Pure Excellence model
[ external image ]

The blue one, Pure Excellence is by Tekno, cost a bit more than 100 Euro. Nicely detailed and well-painted. Tilting cab, functional trailer suspension.

Yellow XF105 is Lion Toys version, was gifted to me on DAF Test Drive back in 2015. It has way less details, and has overall "cheaper" feeling, but it's still nice to look at.

Ofcourse, there are Volvos in my collection. They're both by Tekno, and bought long time ago. They were my first Tekno models, and i was very impressed by them. They have mudflaps, that are made of actual flexible rubber: something that's still not common. Coloured trailer-cables are a nice touch too.
Some of you may remember that New Volvo Trucks design was leaked early-on by these models.
[ external image ]

Moving on to another Swedish brand, Scania. And again, there're two of them, and both by Tekno. R450 was bought in 2017 at excibition, and S-series was a gift from Scania Press-Conference. Sadly, i don't have any trailers for them.
[ external image ]

Next on we have a 1:50 replica of Mercedes Actros MP4 by NZG. Cool design, by unfortunately, cab does not tilt. And it's trailer-less as well.

An "outsider" of this group is WSI's MAZ 5440. I bought it because ex-soviet vehicles are extremely rare in 1:50 scale. No trailer for this one also.

[ external image ]
And this concludes 1:50 review. I also have a couple of Cararama/Hongwell models, but they don't look good enough to be photographed. Next time i'm going to show off my 1:43 part of collection which has more soviet/russian trucks
or you can check it on my flickr if you'd rather just watch isntead of reading this nonsense
VictorSE

#7 Post by VictorSE » 24 Apr 2020 19:44

That XF106 looks awesome! Is Tekno afterall, they have top tier quality. I like the Scania S too, but it looks 'bald' without the sunvisor :lol:
[ external image ]
Facebook / Skins topic / Workshop / Flickr
I can make skin requests, all you have to do is to contact me.
CrazyGijs

#8 Post by CrazyGijs » 24 Apr 2020 19:49

These pictures remind me to de-dust my collection... :mrgreen: Great collection!
[ external image ]

Intel Core i5 9600k, Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F, 16GB 3000 Mhz Corsair RAM, ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2070 Super OC 8GB, Logitech G502, Fanatec CSL Elite wheel base & pedals LC + P1 rim, Driving Force Shifter + DIY Scania SKRS.
Andrei_03

#9 Post by Andrei_03 » 24 Apr 2020 20:07

Stunning models guys :o

I collect cars in general, but I got some trucks as well. They are all trash, please don't laugh :lol: All of them were bought at second-hand shops. Those are the best of the worst:

DAF 2600 Matchbox Super Kings truck from 1971

[ external image ]

Leyland Comet, Dinky Toys. I think this one is pretty old :?

[ external image ]

MAN TGA and Kogel

[ external image ]

Mercedes Superfast, Magirus Deutz, Kenworth, VNL, an old Lesney Euclid truck and a Ford CL9000 I think :lol:

[ external image ]

That's all, they're embarrassing enough
Eugene
Global moderator

#10 Post by Eugene » 27 Apr 2020 18:55

Thnaks guys
@kevinn1995 really like the details on the engine!

I guess i'l continue with my trucks.
This one was shown here before, Motorart's FH12, 1:43 I got rid of the stuff i put on it when i was a kid, but there's still glue remaining, sadly

Now to the newer model, 1:43 replica of Volvo FH "FH 25 Years Edition" by Eligor. Have to say, Eligor has really improved their quality over the last years. Their line up of Euro 6 trucks include MAN TGX E6, DAF XF E6, Scania NextGen, Renault T, and even Iveco S-WAY!

Speaking of Renaults and Eligor, there are two T's in my collection. You may think that they only have different cab, but no! There are plenty of differences in their chassis, too. Two tractors, but just one trailer

And here are the locals.
I'll start with 1:43 KAMAZ 53212 by SSM (Start Scale Models). I like this one a lot, because of its livery. in USSR KAMAZes almost never got any flashy paintjobs, only experimental, new models, or export variant could be custom painted. THis one is based on pre-production truck, that's why its nicely painted.

And this is how most of the KAMAZ tractor-trucks looked like in USSR. Red cab, and lots of black stuff. Model itself is 54112 by AIST which was modified slightly by me. Doesn't have any trailer yet

Moving on to newer models, a 65115 tipper truck, also by AIST. It's my latest addition actually. Model is out of production, and it was very difficult to find one. Unlike previous two, it doesn't have steerable front axle

Several years ago, Daimler has bought KAMAZ market shares and this cooperation led to creating of this truck - KAMAZ 5490. Your eyes don't lie, it's a Mercedes Benz Axor with KAMAZ name on it. Well, not exactly, but, cab, engine and rear axle are from Mercedes. Model is by AIST, trailer attached to it is NEFAZ 96742.

But the latest Mercedes-KAMAZ truck is this - 54901. It has a well redesigned Actros IV cab and rear axle, and no Benz engine this time. Model is by ModelPro, and it's made of resin, so it's very fragile and has to live on a podium inside a box-case. Also, cab doesn't tilt, but it didn't affect its cost, it's probably th most expensive tractor-unit i ever bought.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”