Codemasters acquires Slightly Mad Studios

Will Codemasters screw up Slightly Mad Studios or make them better?

Make them Better
60%
Screw em Up
40%

Total votes: 5

Centrino2
Global moderator

Codemasters acquires Slightly Mad Studios

#1 Post by Centrino2 » 13 Mar 2020 18:10

https://www.codemasters.com/codemasters ... d-studios/

I don't trust Codemasters one bit after their first F1 Games and terrible support.... then again Slightly Mad wasn't that great about it either now that I think about it, but their physics were awesome, plus they got some Indycar content. It's missing a lot of things from F1 games but at least physics and experience are not watered down.

Y'all think Codemasters gonna screw up SMS or make them better?

Yes this is several months late, I wasn't paying any attention to the racing sim world.

Dan

Re: Codemasters acquires Slightly Mad Studios

#2 Post by Dan » 13 Mar 2020 18:18

Gameplay wise, Codie does a good job, but anything UI and lore related is a mess, so it's hard to tell

rado84bg

#3 Post by rado84bg » 14 Mar 2020 06:57

"Screw 'em up". Years ago I purchased Race Driver GRID but it didn't want to run in Windows XP, despite the fact that XP was included in the system requirements. When I asked them for help, they said purchasing doesn't guarantee any technical support. So I downloaded a cracked exe for Race Driver GRID and guess what: the game ran just fine and without any errors. Since then I play all CodeNoobs' games cracked.
Which is why I think they'll only screw up the slightly mad studios.
CPU: Core i7-4770
Memory: 32GB
VGA: GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Zakxaev68

#4 Post by Zakxaev68 » 18 Mar 2020 21:38

Codeprocrastinators can't do anything good past their yearly F1 releases anymore. DiRT Rally remains the last must have rallying game by those capitalistic *you-name-it*.

Yet to see what the next flat/"groundbreaking" series will turn out to be.

Slightly Mad Studios can't be screwed up. Already are. Never lend your savings to the devil. :mrgreen:

Centrino2
Global moderator

#5 Post by Centrino2 » 19 Mar 2020 06:15

Just had a go with F1 2019 during a free play session, messing around with the 2008 MP4...... damn that thing gave me a whole lotta hell, even worse classic championship started off in Brazil... I don't know Brazil!!!!! That damn track is mercy less, plus once you lose control that damn car it don't want to get back under control, I don't think Project Cars F1 car was this savage. I know nutin' bout setting up a car but after about 3 hours of hammering it around finally went back to a mostly default dry setup and reduced brake pressure to control that wild animal. Got into 9th against 100% AI in the last practice session with the top guy being almost a second ahead, I think I could do better but that damn car traumatized me, always kept thinking something would go wrong. There isn't a performance difference among classic cars is there? But I don't like the idea of having to pay $60 after $60 for a new year release but eh, least I got a good discount... not sure if Codemasters wanted the discount to happen or if Steam forced them to. But I guess I can give them a good tick for this game so far, maybe though SMS can teach Codejockies how to do a manual control pit stop thou?

By the way... with dis here COVID-19 screwing everything up... how is the next F1 2020 game going to be?

Some newbie driver

#6 Post by Some newbie driver » 19 Mar 2020 18:59

All the stands on all the grand prix will be empty of public...
Last edited by Mohegan13 on 23 Mar 2020 11:33, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote Removed - Don't quote the post directly above.

xXCARL1992Xx

#7 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 19 Mar 2020 19:07

if they will even start, Australia and Monaco GP are cancelled, Bahrain, Shanghai, Nethrlands, Spain and Vietnam GP are postponed without further notice, first race is now in June instead of March like normal, so there will be drastic changes still
| !!!NO SUPPORT OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |

Return to “Off topic and other voices”