Panels wrongly translated

Pers Kärpänen

Panels wrongly translated

#1 Post by Pers Kärpänen » 24 Jan 2014 09:59

Since finnish word "paneeli" does not signify the same contents as english word panel, the freights with this implication are mainly wrong translated and the finnish word "paneeleja" should be replaced with word "elementtejä". Lattiapaneeleja=>Lattiaelementtejä, seinäpaneeleja=> seinäelementtejä, and lasipaneeleja=>lasielementtejä or if referring to windows it would be "ikkunaelementtejä".
If Glass panels is referring to glass sheets it would be "lasilevyjä"

If a common expression is needed, all of those panels, as been used in building industry/building sites can all be entitled as building section, and flooring panels and wall panels would then both be "Rakennuselementtejä"...

As a building inspector I should know...
Last edited by Pers Kärpänen on 24 Jan 2014 12:21, edited 1 time in total.
Believe in three Capitals
DAF - MAN
born2drivetrucks

Re: Panels wrongly translated

#2 Post by born2drivetrucks » 24 Jan 2014 12:11

Great observation! I will go through the translation and check all these wrongly translated freights and change them to match the correct terms in Finnish.

I have also read your post about the "heavy metals" translation and I will look into that one also. There might be more wrongly translated terms like these, since I have translated many of them before I had the chance to see what they really are in the game.

Thank you for your feedback! If you run into more translations that you feel don't match the content, please post a new topic, reply to this thread or send me a PM here. I value any feedback so I can make the translation better.

Regards,

Tatu Hurme
Pers Kärpänen

#3 Post by Pers Kärpänen » 24 Jan 2014 12:20

Or maybe those floor and wall panels could be translated by it's material "betonielementtejä", which is also commonly used of those blocks/sections made of concrete.
DAF - MAN
born2drivetrucks

#4 Post by born2drivetrucks » 24 Jan 2014 13:00

I have now changed "lattiapaneeleja" and "seinäpaneeleja" both into "betonielementtejä". I thought that would describe both of them well. Also "lasipaneeleja" was changed into "ikkunaelementtejä".
ohaha

#5 Post by ohaha » 24 Jan 2014 13:07

This topic is so cool... it's like listening to Nightwish, or Ajattara... :D

Sorry for the off-topic, guys :oops:
Retired, but still loving it.
Pers Kärpänen

#6 Post by Pers Kärpänen » 24 Jan 2014 13:41

born2drivetrucks wrote:I have now changed "lattiapaneeleja" and "seinäpaneeleja" both into "betonielementtejä". I thought that would describe both of them well. Also "lasipaneeleja" was changed into "ikkunaelementtejä".
Must be much better of that way, althought those floor parts can clearly be recognized as "ontelolaattoja"... Atleast by anyone at the building business... :oops:
DAF - MAN
Pers Kärpänen

#7 Post by Pers Kärpänen » 24 Jan 2014 14:04

Since those sheets on the open trailer are now considered as "ikkunaelementtejä" there may be some thoughts about the packed glass Cargo... is it really meant to be as packed and cushioned Glass sheets :shock: or could it be packed as if
trampled and tightly compressed cullet :? as if "murskattua lasia"?? The covered trailer never really tells... And the current translation isn't really that wrong.. but open to interpretation... unless SCS wants to tweak it.... :roll:
DAF - MAN
born2drivetrucks

#8 Post by born2drivetrucks » 24 Jan 2014 14:25

The trailers that carry the packed glass (pakattua lasia) are used to carry large glass sheets in real life. They feature air suspension and that closed frame to make it stable and somewhat independent from the tractor unit. Here's a picture of one when opened http://heavycherry.com/imgs/a/a/f/z/e/f ... _6_lgw.jpg.

Return to “Finnish”