Stolen Trailers as Cargo??

Pers Kärpänen

Re: Stolen Trailers as Cargo??

#11 Post by Pers Kärpänen » 24 Jan 2014 18:17

Finally I found something about "pokata" for our english talking friends.. A very confusing verb of finnish language..

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pokata

I don't thinki It is really a kneeling trailer in that sense, but I get the meaning dear Born2drive..

Name must come from the technique of manufacturing, where the trailer frame is pressed to make a bow, making the trailer more stable than the welded one..

But how can we be sure what method SCS used while manufacturing that particular trailer frame?? :lol: :o
Believe in three Capitals
DAF - MAN
born2drivetrucks

#12 Post by born2drivetrucks » 24 Jan 2014 18:59

I guess we will never know. :roll:

Would you consider "Uusia lavetteja" to be a better description for the particular cargo?
Pers Kärpänen

#13 Post by Pers Kärpänen » 24 Jan 2014 19:45

born2drivetrucks wrote:I guess we will never know. :roll:

Would you consider "Uusia lavetteja" to be a better description for the particular cargo?
Term better known among dabblers called the players for sure... Or should we rather use terminology of professionals?
Some declaration for legibility may be needed either way though... Lavetti could be Peräkärry as well, not everyone now even the term lavetti... I think
Believe in three Capitals
DAF - MAN
born2drivetrucks

#14 Post by born2drivetrucks » 24 Jan 2014 19:55

What an opportunity to learn then! :mrgreen:

I think "lavetti" suits well. It's good to use a bit more specific terms than just "peräkärry" to increase the feel of authenticity of trucking around the game. There's a lot of trucking terminology missing right now, so using them here and there should be fine even for the most casual player out there.

Return to “Finnish”