Stolen Trailers as Cargo??

Pers Kärpänen

Stolen Trailers as Cargo??

#1 Post by Pers Kärpänen » 24 Jan 2014 12:10

Or so I would assume by finnish translation of the Packed Trailers Cargo, which is translated as "pokattuja perävaunuja" which means
twisted trailers or bowed trailers and in certain dialects a synonym for stolen, nicked or poached trailers. So I wish and hope the Cargo is meant to be "pakattuja perävaunuja", which means packed trailers, wrapped up trailers and so on... As they seem to be by the looks at the Cargo those terms are mated.
Believe in three Capitals
DAF - MAN
Onionjack-

Re: Stolen Trailers as Cargo??

#2 Post by Onionjack- » 24 Jan 2014 12:24

Heh never thought it like that, but "Pakattuja perävaunuja" sounds bit silly too. Or is correct translation or should it be called something else
born2drivetrucks

#3 Post by born2drivetrucks » 24 Jan 2014 12:33

The term "pokattu perävaunu" is an actual term that is used for semitrailers with a stepped frame.

E: The English term used in the game for that same cargo is "Low Bed Semi-trailers".
Baja_002

#4 Post by Baja_002 » 24 Jan 2014 12:43

It's good that you report all those errors but you should do it in one topic. There is no point in starting two or more topics for grammar/translation errors only.

Moderators could merge this, I think :)

Topic One & Topic Two
ohaha

#5 Post by ohaha » 24 Jan 2014 12:53

:)
Maybe ...
Actually, having them separately, with their own name might help other discover them, in case they want to report translation issues, in the same language...

Thank you.
Retired, but still loving it.
Pers Kärpänen

#6 Post by Pers Kärpänen » 24 Jan 2014 13:02

Fanny maybe, but more right than "pokattuja", I think. Unless it's meant to be pressed, as if making a bow... Maybe the Cargo is meant to be pressed trailer frames as if pre-fabricated trailer frames... although there seems to be tyres attached already so it's really a little more than a frame, more like packed/wrapped flatbed trailers... should it be "pakattuja" or "prässättyjä" or should it be "peräkärryn runkoja" or "lavetteja" (as if flatbeds)... I just don't think "pokattuja" really works here.

P.S. Thanks Ohaha for understanding, that's exactly my idea here. Different topic for different translations/argumentation.
Last edited by Pers Kärpänen on 24 Jan 2014 13:06, edited 1 time in total.
DAF - MAN
ohaha

#7 Post by ohaha » 24 Jan 2014 13:05

My suggestion is to go to your game and put it in English.
Then, come back and tell us the English form of the string.
I suspect this is about "Semitrailers" - a cargo consisting in two semitrailers, one on top of the other, placed onto your flatbed trailer. But it's better if you tell us what they are. :)
Pers Kärpänen

#8 Post by Pers Kärpänen » 24 Jan 2014 13:26

Yes, that's really what is talked about here... But Ohaha, could you please tell us what they are meant to be? Are they meant to be trailers that have no Cargo and need to be transported somewhere else to be loaded up again? Or are they meant to be some pre-fabricated frames, on they way to a assembly to becoming a new trailer some later date? So we could find a proper finnish term for that Cargo...?
DAF - MAN
ohaha

#9 Post by ohaha » 24 Jan 2014 13:34

Pers Kärpänen wrote:Are they meant to be trailers that have no Cargo and need to be transported somewhere else to be loaded up again?
Yes. Maybe new semitrailers, some company bought... No need to send 3 trucks, when one can bring them home, together.
born2drivetrucks

#10 Post by born2drivetrucks » 24 Jan 2014 14:17

There is an actual term "pokattu puoliperävaunu" in Finnish and it describes semitrailers used for heavy carrying that have a stepped frame (if you follow this link http://www.slehtinen.fi/index.asp?s=3 and click the "pokattu puoliperävaunu" you see a picture of one). Those kind of trailers are usually just referred to as "lavetti" (especially when carrying machines) and I think the translation in the game should be considered to be changed into that since it is mostly a familiar term with everyone. When carrying machines, the term would be "pokattu koneenkuljetusperävaunu".

But back to the "pokattu puoliperävaunu". A flatbed isn't exactly a normal "lavetti". Most "lavetti" trailers in Finland you see carrying machines (and the ones discussed in this topic) are "low bed semitrailers" that have the actual cargo part lower to accommodate high loads (such as excavators) without breaking the maximum allowed height rules. The load you pull in the game is actually a flatbed semitrailer carrying two low bed semitrailers as you can see here http://i.imgur.com/dHWeaDD.jpg. You could translate that term into "lavetti" when talking about one designed to carry machines or "pokattu puoliperävaunu" when it would be something like the one in the first link.

"Lavetti" and "pokattu puoliperävaunu" are pretty much the same thing in this context so as I said, "lavetti" would probably be the better term. Now we just need a translation that sounds good and gives an idea of the load. Maybe something along the lines "Uusia lavetteja".

Return to “Finnish”