german translation - double trailers

Ex-Deejay

german translation - double trailers

#1 Post by Ex-Deejay » 30 Aug 2018 07:11

please name double trailers as "doubles" in german translation and not "Kombi, Auflieger + Tandem-Anhänger"
doubles are doubles, cause we are playing "American Truck Simulator" and not "German translated Truck Simulator"
R.M. doubles and triples have theyr propper names
Last edited by Flemming V on 05 Sep 2018 09:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Attachment removed. Please host files on an external server.
ATS 1.35.1.27s (64bit) vanilla - all dlcs
ETS2 1.35.1.13s (64bit) vanilla - all dlcs
doktorpixel14

Re: german translation - double trailers

#2 Post by doktorpixel14 » 05 Sep 2018 09:40

The problem is that we want to translate the names in ETS2 only and leave ATS ones as they are, but that's not possible because SCS uses the same translations for ATS and ETS2
I talked to Pavel - don't have questions anymore ... 8-)

Admin of the Truck Simulator Wiki and translator, as well as part of the FSG 1:1 map team

Interactive ETS2 wiki map with cities, ferry lines and achievements
Reinhard

#3 Post by Reinhard » 05 Sep 2018 11:03

If you don't want "German translated Truck Simulator", why do you use the German translation at all?
OlavEmil

#4 Post by OlavEmil » 05 Sep 2018 18:19

The expression "doubles" is used collectively in game to include all trailer combinations consisting of two individual trailers, including dolly + trailer. Translating it like this, specifying one particular type of combo, is a wrong translation, plain and simple.
Ex-Deejay

#5 Post by Ex-Deejay » 14 Sep 2018 06:16

@doktorpixel14

18 Wheels of Steel - American Long Haul habe ich mir damals selbst ins Deutsche übersetzt. Soweit das mit den Beschränkungen der Dateilänge möglich war.
Heute sind die language-files in der base ja nicht mehr frei zugänglich.
SCS sollte die Doubles im ATS vielleicht anders kategorisieren. Nicht als Kombis wie im ETS2 sondern als Doubles wie die R.M. Doubles oder die Triples.
Oder aber ein externes language-file für solche Fälle integrieren. Weil das Problem wird bei den B-Doubles wiederkehren, sollten diese Einzug in den ATS finden. In Europa werden diese als eine Variante der (Euro)Kombis bezeichnet. B-Doubles sind meines Wissens nach in Australien und Amerika die geläufige Bezeichnung. In Australien existieren sogar Triples oder noch längere Road-Trains der B-Doubles.

@Reinhard

weil Deutsch nunmal meine Muttersprache ist.
Trotzdem gibt es heutzutage Begriffe die aus anderen Ländern stammen und auch im deutschen Sprachgebrauch nicht übersetzt werden.
Oder nennst du ein Smartphone etwa Mobiltelefon mit berührungsempfindlichen Bildschirm (Touchscreen)?
Flemming V
Global moderator

#6 Post by Flemming V » 14 Sep 2018 06:24

Please keep your post in English on this forum. Thanks.
Ex-Deejay

#7 Post by Ex-Deejay » 14 Sep 2018 07:14

why?

all translators i have seen here are germans. so why i should not speak german with german people?

if you are interested in what we are speaking about, please feel free to use google translator or something similar to translate this.

my suggestion was that understanding what i want to tell a german person is better told in german than in translated english. so if one of the translators want to give informations to scs that are interesting for them, they can pic it and discus it with them. i think they would make their job better than i can explain in translated english.

and parts of the text i wrote to Reinhard don't give any sense if it will be translated in english.

@doktorpixel14

for driver skills different translations where used. for the hazmet skills in ETS2 "ADR" is used and in ATS "Gefahrgut"
so there have to exist different versions for ATS and ETS2 translations
Flemming V
Global moderator

#8 Post by Flemming V » 14 Sep 2018 07:30

Because Moderators in this forum can't 200+ different languages, and we can't moderate a language we don't understand.
But most important, because the forum rules [1.6] says so.

PS. I did not ask you to write in English, because I in particular did not understand it (because I do), but because of the rules [1.6], which I have to ask you to follow.
Ex-Deejay

#9 Post by Ex-Deejay » 14 Sep 2018 07:45

sorry,
i forgot about that forum rule at the moment

in future i will ad an english translation, too, if i wrote to other people in their mother language

i supposed that you can understand german, i was a truck driver in real life and spend lots of time in denmark, i worked for a danish trucking company in Haderslev.
Flemming V
Global moderator

#10 Post by Flemming V » 14 Sep 2018 08:09

No problem, have a nice weekend. :-)

Return to “German”