Translation from English to Italian

Mike Zadra

Translation from English to Italian

#1 Post by Mike Zadra » 18 Sep 2018 06:36

I thought that with the release of the 1.32 "official", they would have translated all but half of the writings are still in English ...
then ... for some time, the paint parts are called "Vernice" or "Verniciato", NOT "Vernici"
The curtains inside the cabin are called "Tende", NOT "Centinato"

I have not attached any screenshots, they would be too many ... the thing can always be reproduced ...

[EDIT]I think the right place for this post is this ... sorry, I had the wrong section
[ external image ]
I'm Italian, I don't know English, I use google translate...
If I write something wrong or that you don't understand, it's not my fault, I don't mean to offend anyone
OlavEmil

Re: Translation from English to Italian

#2 Post by OlavEmil » 18 Sep 2018 07:14

You should know that the translations are not official, but courtesy of volunteers from the player base. They won't always be able to keep up with all the strings needed to be translated. There are thousands upon thousands of strings, with many hundreds new added for each major update.

Still, SCS will add what is translated by release time, rather than removing the entire language from the game.
Mike Zadra

#3 Post by Mike Zadra » 18 Sep 2018 08:06

really? I thought they were translating directly to them ... do you know where these "strings" are?
[ external image ]
If I write something wrong or that you don't understand, it's not my fault, I don't mean to offend anyone
OlavEmil

#4 Post by OlavEmil » 18 Sep 2018 10:41

Yes, SCS uses third party system "GetLocalized" for their user based translations. You can learn more, and learn how to contribute with your own translations, in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=250273
Tarso
Beta tester

#5 Post by Tarso » 18 Sep 2018 10:57

Yes, help is always needed in translation, given it's made voluntarily, here and there a translator quits following the work or simply disappear, leaving the language unattended.

If you intend to help, the link above will guide you, other than that we need to wait for a registered Italian translator to show up.
Mike Zadra

#6 Post by Mike Zadra » 26 Sep 2018 19:15

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=250273&p=989360#p989360

registered!!! thanks Tarso and OlavEmil!!!
[ external image ]
TruckerZer0

#7 Post by TruckerZer0 » 09 Jan 2019 20:54

Vorrei dare un consiglio ai presunti "traduttori" e "italiani" che vogliano o che abbiano collaborato all'attuale traduzione del gioco nell'italico linguaggio: Se questo è il livello medio di conoscenza della/e lingua/e, invece di fare qualcosa tanto per fare tipico all'italiana cortesemente evitate di collaborare a tradurre il/i gioco/i; Chiunque lo abbia fatto nelle ultime versioni è tutto tranne che un'accademico della Crusca, con finestre di dialogo e messaggi sgrammaticati, termini tradotti alla buona di Dio e gestione dei tempi e modi dei verbi inesistente... Giusto per citarne una: tradurre la tipologia di rimorchio "Curtain sider" in "Tendone" (...che a casa mia in Italia è quello del circo, forse da dove provengono quelli che hanno tradotto?) è qualcosa che fa rabbrividire, e oltretutto (lasciando da parte l'italiano da osteria) dimostra una conscenza della terminologia tecnica e della lingua straniera (inglese in questo caso) inesistente, cosa ancor più triste se si parte dal presupposto che se uno vuol fare il traduttore perlomeno conosce la lingua/e da tradurre (o così si spera), ed è in grado di comprenderla/e senza dover ricorrere per forza per esempio a Google Translate (cosa che apparentemente invece pare sia stata fatta dai cosiddetti "traduttori" qui...); Onestamente, fate un favore a voi e agli altri giocatori italiani che apprezzano ETS2, ATS E L'ITALIANO e non collaborate più a tradurre, lasciate il compito a chi ne ha le capacità; La lingua e il popolo italiano ringraziano!
Mike Zadra

#8 Post by Mike Zadra » 10 Jan 2019 08:13

guarda... io avevo anche scritto una nota visto che usavano "centinato" anche per le tendine in cabina... ho specificato la differenza tra "tendine" per la cabina e "Telonato" per il rimorchio... avevo fatto notare anche come si scrivesse "verniciato" e non "vernici"... il risultato? Lo stai vedendo nel gioco... perciò IMHO se ne sono fregati e hanno usato Google Translator (come uso io per scrivere qui)... se ora faccio la traduzione non capisce un cavolo nessuno:

look ... I had also written a note because they used "curtains" even for the curtains in the cabin ... I specified the difference between "curtains" for the cabin and "Telonato" for the trailer ... I had also noted how to write "painted" and not "paints" ... the result? You're seeing it in the game ... so IMHO got ripped off and they used Google Translator (as I use to write here) ... if I do the translation now I do not understand a cabbage anybody: <--- visto?
[ external image ]
OlavEmil

#9 Post by OlavEmil » 10 Jan 2019 10:44

Unfortunately, there are bad apples in the volunteer translators basket, who don't know what they are doing, doesn't check in game what the string they are translating actually refers to, and often relies on Google Translate.

If you do the translation now, the new translation should appear in game the next time it is updated. If however the old, faulty translation is prioritized above yours, send the managers a message (contact on Crowdin) and ask them to make you a prioritized translator for Italian. That way, your translations will always be preferred.
TruckerZer0

#10 Post by TruckerZer0 » 10 Jan 2019 13:18

Qundi la gente collabora a tradurre e poi alla SCS se ne sbattono, buono a sapersi! Bello sapere che si impegna a collaborare alla fine l'unica cosa che ottiene in cambio è di aver buttato via del tempo...

@OlavEmil Thank you! I will try, hoping to have more luck than those who have already tried...

Return to “Italian”