Steam overlay no longer working on 64-bit DirectX

SiSL
SCS Software

Re: Steam overlay no longer working on 64-bit DirectX

#11 Post by SiSL » 25 Jul 2017 05:21

Try turning off your Game Mode in Windows Game settings.

Other than that, as 64-bit Anniversary Windows 10 Pro user, I don't have this problem running 64-bit version of the game. Pressing shift + tab always brings me Steam overlay.

Double checked just to make sure before posting this post.
vulchor

#12 Post by vulchor » 25 Jul 2017 06:13

@bobgrey1997 I've worked for Microsoft before, on their Sharepoint support team, so yeah that's pretty damn accurate, except there should be another step in there somewhere about replacing some much loved and needed feature with something obtuse, another step about removing a users ability to customize some setting or other, and one more step about not being able to fix a bug so they work around it and release that as a new feature.

@SiSL The Anniversary Update isn't broken, I didn't mean to imply that, instead when the Anniversary Update was in beta (delivered as a Windows Insider Build) that problem arose for many people. The issue was fixed in the stable release build. As for Game Mode, I had disabled it previously to this issue occurring. I doubled checked again and it is still disabled. It was a good guess as it does cause problems and includes an overlay, and other overlays cause Steam's to not work in many cases. Any other thoughts?
bobgrey1997

#13 Post by bobgrey1997 » 25 Jul 2017 06:27

vulchor wrote: 25 Jul 2017 06:13 @bobgrey1997 I've worked for Microsoft before, on their Sharepoint support team, so yeah that's pretty damn accurate, except there should be another step in there somewhere about replacing some much loved and needed feature with something obtuse, another step about removing a users ability to customize some setting or other, and one more step about not being able to fix a bug so they work around it and release that as a new feature.
Well, maybe that should be where step 11 is now; "screw up user personalization and customizations"

Return to “Technical Problems”