Help....Promods 2.20 keeps crashing

flight50

Help....Promods 2.20 keeps crashing

#1 Post by flight50 » 23 Nov 2017 08:04

I finally decided to give Promods a try after a year of play ETS2 and it keeps proving to me why I don't deal with map mods. The potential crash/ not working is in effect. I have done just as the Promods site instructed, yet as the game tries to load up promods, it keeps crashing and never opens. I made 2 brand new profiles with nothing but promods tagged to it. I also followed the correct order Promods said to do to load them in the mod manager. I do have my main ETS2 profile that has mods from the same mod folder and it crashed to. That is when I tried the new blank profiles but same result. Below is my crash log.

https://pastebin.com/DbCQQ5Gq
jules.raton

Re: Help....Promods 2.20 keeps crashing

#2 Post by jules.raton » 23 Nov 2017 09:37

Crash log is only useful to developpers and sorry but they probably won't help you with map mods. Post the game LOG if you want us to help but quick question first:

Do you have all three DLC installed (East/Scandinavia/France)?
MandelSoft
Beta tester

#3 Post by MandelSoft » 23 Nov 2017 13:15

1. We need a game.log, not a crash.log, when it comes to modding problems
2. Check if you have all required DLC.
3. Check if you're using the correct game version
4. Rule out other mods that may cause problems
5. The ProMods website usually helps you more quickly on issues regarding ProMods.
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.
flight50

#4 Post by flight50 » 23 Nov 2017 14:04

Apologizes. I figured since it crashed, it was the crash everyone post. MandelSoft, I know you were or are the lead developer for Promods so I was hoping you would come thru. My game log is :
https://pastebin.com/Wwy9NrD1

Yes I have all the dlc.
[ external image ]

Game verison - Hmmm. ETS2 says 1.28.1 3s (32-bit) It has always been 32-bit and I never noticed. This is what steam installed. My ATS says 1.29.1s (64-bit). Is the bit the problem?

I am not running any other mods with the new profile I had set up for Promods. Would Promods require me to remove all the other mods in the mods folder?

Edit: I tried this just in case, same result. Game log with other dlc removed from mod folder.
https://pastebin.com/L19pubiu

I went to the Promods site but since I was new to the site, I had to clear security thru a moderator first so I came here. I can post there as well.
Last edited by flight50 on 23 Nov 2017 15:56, edited 1 time in total.
cip

#5 Post by cip » 23 Nov 2017 14:54

to use ETS2 64bit be sure you play the game from Steam, right click and select play ETS2 64bit or ETS2 DirectX 64bit. to be sure you never run in 32bit, hit game properties in Steam and then open launch options where you introduce: -64bit -unlimitedlog I noticed frequent crashes when gamelog file is exceeded (even if it is claimed not to generate game crash). more mods generate more data in the gamelog obviously...
your error that causes game crash seem to be generated by some traffic values outside the accepted limits. I must say I had it sometimes even with my traffic mod, but very rare... usually loading the game again with no changes, you should not have a 2nd crash. anyway if this happens again try loading the game without any traffic mod and see what happens ;)
P.S. I run ProMods with plenty other map mods accepted in the ProMods community and I have never had problems! here is the official order and accepted maps https://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f ... f3fa6d5f1e
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
m1keY

#6 Post by m1keY » 23 Nov 2017 16:16

if you only had ProMods files in the modfolder the last test and it crashed... make sure you have the correct def-file ... not one with RusMap enabled ...

FYI :!:

Code: Select all

00:01:33.362 : [mod_package_manager] Mod "Real European Companies (by Tamiel18)" has been mount. (package_name: mod_workshop_package.000000002AAA5C62, version: 1.5, source: Steam Workshop)
this one isn't compatible with promods as it changes models in various places = CTD
flight50

#7 Post by flight50 » 23 Nov 2017 16:54

I finally got it working. Playing in 64 bit initially didn't make a difference. MandelSoft, thank for trying to help on Promods site as well. I did change to a couple other cities and it still crashed.

@m1keY. I didn't have the check for RusMap.

@cipinho, I only have Promods attached to the new profile so no other mods where in with this new profile. The other mods seen in the first link are mods that my old profile uses. The second link is the one where I even removed all mods except promods and it didn't work either. What did work was simple. With the new profile, I just went ahead and made the first delivery when you start the game just to get the garage. I have not truck but the garage is there. I saved the game, got out and went to my mod manger and only loaded up promods (I put all my old mods back in mod folder) in the order that the Promods site stated......went back in and pick up where I left off. Promods loaded without any issues this time. So I am good now. When I want to run Promods, I will keep it simple. I downloaded the promods trailers and that is all that is only this new profile. So all is good as of now.

Thanks for trying to everyone.
Blackspots

#8 Post by Blackspots » 24 Nov 2017 01:38

@m1Key:. REGS v1.5 is compatible with ProMods, REGS v2.x is not. (It's the one the modifies map items - the static ferry models) REGS has to be placed above ProMods.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
vulchor

#9 Post by vulchor » 25 Nov 2017 08:37

flight50 wrote: 23 Nov 2017 16:54 I downloaded the promods trailers and that is all that is only this new profile. So all is good as of now.
You might have problems with the promods trailers pack. It says it's updated for 1.28 but I don't think they updated the cog_offsets to the new format that came out in 1.28 so some of the trailers won't work with advanced coupling. At least that's what myself and some others narrowed it down to, but they lock their files so I couldn't check to be certain.
Josh0

#10 Post by Josh0 » 25 Nov 2017 18:31

vulchor wrote: 25 Nov 2017 08:37 It says it's updated for 1.28 but I don't think they updated the cog_offsets to the new format that came out in 1.28 so some of the trailers won't work with advanced coupling. ... but they lock their files so I couldn't check to be certain.
The definition files in the ProMods Trailer & Company Pack are not locked, only the graphics/models portions of the package are locked. The cog_offset parameters are stored in the definition files. I confirm that the definition files are updated for the new cog_offsets in TCP 1.14 (for ETS2 1.28). There may or may not be a problem with advanced coupling using the TCP (I don't know), but I don't think it would be due to cog_offset parameters.

Return to “Technical Problems”