Forum and modding wiki won't be available this weekend, March 6-7. Sorry for the inconvenience!

The game filesystem failed to initialize

BeansMeans

The game filesystem failed to initialize

#1 Post by BeansMeans » 02 Nov 2014 19:16

Hey guys,
So Im getting this error 'The game filesystem failed to initialize, aborting now' when I try to start up ETS2. My game was working fine untill I decided to merge my partition I had setup. I had to move files to my document folder so I could get games from my partition to work. (I had to remap the path for the documents folder in order for some games to work). (I also had Promods installed, but that was working previously before I decided to merge partition on harddrive). Previous to installing Promods, I installed the 1.14 update from steam and played the game with no problems. And the game was also working 1.14 with Promods before merging the partition.

What I have tried to fix this:
  • I tried to reinstall the game twice. (Deleted the game from steam once, and deleted it the second time from uninstall program's before redownloading it).
    Also verified the integrity of the game, before redownloading, and after downloading the game again with no problems popping up. (Despite the fact that redownloading it would have fixed any problems I would have, I'd thought I would tick that off the list things to try).
    I also checked the log, but the last log update was the 26th of October, which was the day before I merged the partition. But there doesn't seem to be anything there referring to the gamesystem. Unless there is and I just don't understand the terminology. (I can upload the log if you guys want to look through to see if you guys spot anything).
So now currently, I have no mods in the mod folder and I still get the error, so is it possible that it has something to do with the paths to the document folder? Is there anyway in re writing the paths?

P.S: I thought I'd mention that I had the same, or similar problem with Assetto Corsa where it wouldn't startup, so I redownloaded it and it worked.

I like to think I have good problem solving skills, but this beats me.

Thanks guys,
Beans.

Max
SCS Software

Re: The game filesystem failed to initialize

#2 Post by Max » 02 Nov 2014 19:54

while i do not know what happened actually, this error shows the game is corrupted somehow. i would say: reinstall, but you did it already ...

the only thing that comes to my mind is some mapping or linking issue. maybe the system links cause problems. could you install the game somewhere without using mapping/soft/hard links and test brand new profile?

posting logs never make things worse.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.

DorinDXN

#3 Post by DorinDXN » 02 Nov 2014 20:19

Create a folder on C:\ or D:\ called "ETS2" , then copy the "Euro Truck Simulator 2" folder from your mydoc to the new folder and you'll have eventually

D:\ETS2\Euro Truck Simulator 2

folder in place
then at Steam on the game properties of Euro Truck Simulator 2 (after right-click on it) click on SET LAUNCH OPTIONS and add

Code: Select all

-homedir "D:\ETS2"
See if it works now.

hope it helps,
Dorin
Sent from my Mercedes or Peterbilt as seen here and it remains to be seen here

BeansMeans

#4 Post by BeansMeans » 03 Nov 2014 00:14

Thanks for the reply dude it worked!

Thanks for your replies guys its appreciated.

Beans.

salabgir

#5 Post by salabgir » 23 Dec 2014 22:27

Hello,

I'm having the same problem too.But I do not understand your way to your solution.my English is not very good.Can you show that you have made this process taking pictures?I would be glad if you could help.

Muzaffer.

DorinDXN

#6 Post by DorinDXN » 24 Dec 2014 10:04

Here is a video
Instead of 'M' for drive letter, you use the actual one you'll have (D, E, whatever)

cheers,
Dorin
Sent from my Mercedes or Peterbilt as seen here and it remains to be seen here

plykkegaard

#7 Post by plykkegaard » 24 Dec 2014 10:26

If running under Steam the easiest is just to uninstall and install again
Steam will prompt you for a location/path
Remember backups of your profile/saved games in the documents folder
Don't know if they are untouched in case of an uninstall

On a sidenote, just too bad the profile and saved games are not replicated to the Steam Cloud as any true Steam game does
Office moved to Fort Collins, Colorado

salabgir

#8 Post by salabgir » 24 Dec 2014 18:33

Thank you very much for your help, but I can not open any game. I can not therefore enter the properties in the homedir.I tried to install version 1.15.1 version of the previous version of the institution on the 1.9.22s
It gives this error (The game filesystem failed to initialize ...)

thanks,
muzaffer
Last edited by Mohegan13 on 28 Jan 2020 20:04, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote Removed - Don't quote videos

Return to “Technical Problems”