Performance Issues With 1.27 [MODS]

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Performance Issues With 1.27 [MODS]

#31 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 16 Jul 2017 18:04

so that you understand it

SCS doesnt need to make the game run 100% with Mods because they are not supported by SCS

if the game doesnt run like you want it disable the mods or live with the issues the mods cause

it doesnt even has be an up-to-date mod, maybe you have an mod active that is not updated and causes the issues, because if you write SCS the wirst question will be "do you have mods, if yes disable them all and try them out till the issue shows again"

and that will be it you will not get more support out of SCS because they don officially support mods and without them the game runs like it should
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
RudiRaser

#32 Post by RudiRaser » 16 Jul 2017 18:16

nicky, like you can see in my video it is possible to play this game also with many mods. but there are some which slow the game down. i gave some examples.
so, if you put new mods in, drive and watch what will be happens. if you see you get stuttering or what ever, don´t use this mods.

it´s simple.
nicky9499

#33 Post by nicky9499 » 17 Jul 2017 01:10

Thank you Carl and Rudi. I understand the situation and I am in no way demanding SCS solve this problem although further attention to the optimization department would go a long way. I started this thread because with the same mods it appears that performance has decreased after the update. All my mods are high quality and from reputable modders only. The trucks are from Workshop which are kept updated and the only maps I use are ProMods and RusMap both of which are longstanding pillars of the ETS2 modding scene and without a doubt are already trying their best to optimize their maps but there is only so much they can do with ETS2 limitation.

Regardless, it seems a bit pointless trying to have a proper discussion in this forum so I'm just going to leave it as it is.
xXCARL1992Xx

#34 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 17 Jul 2017 15:50

ProMods is a bomb on ETS2 yes i dont get constant 60fps with it and SLI doest even try to reach 60 FPS, it even works worser with SLI then without if i use ProMods

the game was never programmed to handle high detail maps like ProMods but i hope with the transition to DX11 we got more stable FPS then we have current
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
FlyingPigeon

#35 Post by FlyingPigeon » 20 Jul 2017 07:19

Since 1.27 i have gained fps, so its like the others have tried tell ya down to mods, and Promods is not in a direct way faulty, but then still it has so many details and objects that i take down most systems, like others have suggested try a new clean profilr witout any mods and see how well the game will perform.

And SCS also claims at the bottom in menu that modded games a completly unsupported!
Scandinavian truckdriver.
cip

#36 Post by cip » 20 Jul 2017 11:49

I see not much FPS difference between the default map and ProMods, except of course in the large cities like Barcelona which is much bigger than any other scs city. I was always struggling to have updated mods and remove or fix the old ones. having a relatively clean log while playing I manage to have constant 50-60 fps. with error flowing gamelog I usually had FPS drops in the past.
It's also important how you set the graphic settings according to your system, I use 200% scaling, no Anti Aliasing and no DoF, enabled everything else plus high textures but medium shadows and mirror resolution. My GTX 960 run at maximum while CPU (I7 4770 3,4 Ghz) is only at 15%, meaning that I need a better GPU :)
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
FlyingPigeon

#37 Post by FlyingPigeon » 20 Jul 2017 21:52

Low/mid settings with 75% scale no dof no aa on promods gets om average 75fps no v-sync

Mid/high settings with 100% scale no dof no aa on vanilla map with mods, get constantly 60fps with v-symc

I5 4430 3.0ghz
Gtx 650ti 2gb
8gb ram
Samsung ssd

I see a good difference between promods and vanilla
Scandinavian truckdriver.
sikejsudjek3

#38 Post by sikejsudjek3 » 20 Jul 2017 23:18

Its certainly better on my system with 1.27 than before. I can max out settings and get a smooth 60 fps in stereoscopic outside of cities. However I can't max out mirrors - that's too big a performance hit. Weirdly turning off hyperthreading on my i3 6300 helped remove some stutters. I have a gtx 1060 but the good cooling I have means it hits its maximum boost/oc speed all of the time. I'm using sgss x2 in inspector. I found that some mods (Jazzycat in particular) dropped fps.
GTX 1080 o'cd, i5 6600k 4.4 ghz, 16gb ddr4 2666mhz, nvme drive, windows 10, windows 7 and linux mint 19, nvidia 3d vison, Edtracker pro.

If its not in 3d stereoscopic, I'm not playing it !
cip

#39 Post by cip » 22 Jul 2017 12:10

I get my new GTX 1060 and tested in ETS2 and for this game in particular, as it uses still DirectX 9 I must say it's only a slightly improvement comparing with GTX 960. of course with no mods game runs perfectly at 60 fps everywhere, however adding more mods it drag the game down, simply its engine is not capable to handle at 100% lots of mods. I experience up to 30 FPS drops in cities even if GPU load is at 60% only. comparing with GTX 960 I have kept 200% scaling and increased everything at maximum except for shadows.
so my understanding is that since one or more from GPU, CPU, RAM are not running at 100% there is no bottleneck, and if the game do not run at smooth 60 FPS, means that with current setting and loaded mods game can't runt at maximum it's not ProMods's fault or other mod's fault, it's simply the old DirectX 9's fault :lol:
so it's a personal preference if you want:
1. maximum graphic setting and expect smooth FPS use no or only few mods,
2. lots of mods and accept reasonable FPS use lower graphic settings ;)
I personally prefer 2nd option :lol:
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...

Return to “Technical Problems”