Nvidia Inspector and the latest update

Reinhard

Re: Nvidia Inspector and the latest 1.28 beta update

#171 Post by Reinhard » 24 Aug 2017 07:11

CARL1992 wrote: 23 Aug 2017 20:29 you have done something because the game doesnt support stereoscopic by default and you cant set it in the ingame option
Probably he has used a dedicated Oculus Rift beta branch.
xXCARL1992Xx

#172 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 24 Aug 2017 08:50

cipinho wrote: 24 Aug 2017 00:10 @Carl: I understand you are fan SCS, we all are and we all appreciate their efforts but currently there is an issue. Max himself said that he contacted Nvidia so he is aware that is an issue somewhere.
Let's clarify: SCS produces the bread and Nvidia deals with the logistics, it's simple. However SCS is changing sometimes the ingredients and Nvidia is not aware immediately. both parts must cooperate in order to solve any issues that might appear during these changes of ingredients. So Max did the right thing contacting Nvidia, let's wait their reply!
The idea is that both parts has the interest to eliminate any issues, SCS because people may find better games and Nvidia because same people might go for Radeon cards if is proofed that they offer better support .
this minor issue with the freezing (in my case only sometimes when browsing the trailers), I am sure will be solved soon by any of the 2 parts. the inspector in nothing than a tool that enhances Nvidia driver for even better performances so it can't be its fault for something.
As for the stereoscopic, where there is also an issue as sikejsudjek3 claimed, and without the inspector, Nvidia has rated ETS2 as "excellent", so it means SCS has given support entirely.
NO

nvidia and SCS will fix nothing because you use something thats not meant to be used

if he use the VR branch of ETS2, like Reinhard said, ok then there can be a glitch i dont know of because i cant use this branch

but if it is a bug in the none VR branch that only HE has because he have set some option thats not available then they will do nothing about it

and to clarify again nvidia Inspector is not from Nvidia Corporation all settings you set are at own risk. If you, by chance, manage to destroy you card with it, should be relative impossible, you dont get anything out of it from nvidia or SCS

nvidia and SCS are not responsible if the game doesnt run because YOU decide to manipulate the drivers API through means other then the nVidia Control Panel

this all has nothing to do with being a fan of SCS or not but with common sense, you manipulate something then you are on you own because no one will support it
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
RudiRaser

#173 Post by RudiRaser » 24 Aug 2017 10:26

recorded again a trip from me. was trying many different grafic/weather mods, mixed now some toghter, and i like it. only the flare could be a bit better.
but all in all i ´m happy how it´s working now. :)
Reinhard

#174 Post by Reinhard » 24 Aug 2017 15:02

I'm convinced SCS would happily support every improvement you can achieve, using parameters people have found to improve the graphics. Unfortunately, some of these tend to provoke problems nobody can explain.

So if people stumbled upon such a problem and hope for help, they should support their own case by giving as much information as possible. These problems doesn't seem to be easily reproducible, it is totally unclear if even two people had the same. And no, "game stops while using Inspector" doesn't qualify as "same problem".

So if it happens to you, try to reproduce it without mods. With a single run of a game profile that never have seen any mod. To keep any junk out. Then post this log. Plus a readable picture of the inspector window, which shows exactly the settings you applied to the driver, before the last crash happend. Not something you edited afterwards.

If enough input of this kind is available, then there might be a chance to spot a pattern. Everything else will not help anybody.
RudiRaser

#175 Post by RudiRaser » 24 Aug 2017 15:21

i am not sure about this freezes. i wrote a couple of days before that i had not one anymore. but ~5 days ago it started again, but only sometimes while switching back to the deskop.
then i not changed anything in my Inspector settings, but like i wrote, i was testing grafik/flare mods. now i have again no more freezes after i changed my flare again. i use now the flare from Rockeropasiempre, taken from this mod:
https://ets2.lt/en/ai-realistic-lights-v-1-3-for-1-28/

i am not sure, but for me it looks like the flare made my game freezing. maybe someone else with the freeze problem can try it, maybe it will help.
Hobbykraftfahrer

#176 Post by Hobbykraftfahrer » 24 Aug 2017 18:18

Two days ago I made the update to 1.28 to check out if the nvidia inspector makes any problems on my PC as well.

I run the AA setting 0x000010C5, which works fine with 1.27.

With the new background in the menu my game froze when I switched from drive to menu and then back to drive. After the restart I wanted to change the background, but the game froze when I opened the optionsmenu. I was only able to change the background to the old one in the gameoptions after I disabled the nvidia inspector profile. I then started the game again with the inspector profile.
With the old menu background the game didn't freeze when going back into driving. I also tried browsing trailers without problems.

One thing I noticed was, running the game without inspector settings, that when I changed from menu into driving, the map would load very slowly, one object after another (like Omsi loading the next tile). This problem was only with the new menu backgrounds, but not with the old one. Maybe there is a problem with the performance of this new backgrounds. But thats just my unprofessional thought.

I reverted back to 1.27 until my mods are updated, then I give it another try. But I will stay on the old menu background if the new backgrounds are a problem. I don't need a fancy menu background, I'm here for the trucking :lol:
cip

#177 Post by cip » 24 Aug 2017 22:28

CARL1992 wrote: 24 Aug 2017 08:50 nvidia Inspector is not from Nvidia Corporation all settings you set are at own risk. If you, by chance, manage to destroy you card with it, should be relative impossible, you dont get anything out of it from nvidia or SCS nvidia and SCS are not responsible if the game doesnt run because YOU decide to manipulate the drivers API through means other then the nVidia Control Panel
as far as I haven't overclocked my graphic card I haven't lost any guarantee. and the inspector, despite the fact that is enhancing quality by unlocking some settings, will never destroy any graphic card for sure :lol:
CARL1992 wrote: 24 Aug 2017 08:50you manipulate something then you are on you own because no one will support it
than ok, the Nvidia inspector's developers could sort out the existent issue and find a solution, if of course they are informed about it.
however the quality and the fps that I get through the inspector makes me using it even with the minor bug with the freezing.
RudiRaser wrote: 24 Aug 2017 15:21 for me it looks like the flare made my game freezing. maybe someone else with the freeze problem can try it, maybe it will help
I use another flare mod and still get the freezing at browsing trailers but only sometimes. maybe will help if some developers read this, the freezing occurs usually just the very 1st time after launching the game, I relaunch the game, browse trailers again and, if this time it works, the game will no longer freeze as soon as I won't close the game. I can switch between my profiles and have no problem but if I close the game or if the game crashes for some other reasons, next time I may encounter the freezing again
Hobbykraftfahrer wrote: 24 Aug 2017 18:18 I wanted to change the background, but the game froze when I opened the optionsmenu. I was only able to change the background to the old one in the gameoptions after I disabled the nvidia inspector profile.
it happened to me any time when trying to change the background photo so I gave up changing it, maybe with the old menu, game won't freeze! to be tested :lol:
I do believe also that the problem lies on one of the new game improvements, flares or menu background
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
xXCARL1992Xx

#178 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 24 Aug 2017 22:31

the inspector guys will do nothing

nvidia are the only ones who knows what the bits are doing and can, with help from SCS because of the engine, sort it out

inspector is just a fancy GUI for the API from nvidia
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
sikejsudjek3

#179 Post by sikejsudjek3 » 25 Aug 2017 02:57

Reinhard wrote: 24 Aug 2017 07:11
CARL1992 wrote: 23 Aug 2017 20:29 you have done something because the game doesnt support stereoscopic by default and you cant set it in the ingame option
Probably he has used a dedicated Oculus Rift beta branch.
No stereoscopic uses the normal branch. No need for in game activation - stereoscopic is different to VR. Automatically launches if nvidia have a profile for it. Most games have a few bugs - hence helixmod's shader hacks (which I'm not using for ETS2). Except for the odd few objects (the Sun and the in cab sat nav) rendering at the wrong depth its perfect. The biggest problem is getting a decent FPS in cities - stereoscopic is quite a hit on performance due to rendering both eyes. Hence why scaling at 100% plus SGSS x2 was quite useful. However I'm happy to use the in game scaling and drop nvidia inspector. The image is much sharper with in game scaling than sparce grid super sampling. I suspect getting a better processor and overclocking it will fix the FPS issue. The on screen sat nav renders ok so I'll use that instead.
GTX 1080 o'cd, i5 6600k 4.4 ghz, 16gb ddr4 2666mhz, nvme drive, windows 10, windows 7 and linux mint 19, nvidia 3d vison, Edtracker pro.

If its not in 3d stereoscopic, I'm not playing it !
xXCARL1992Xx

#180 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 25 Aug 2017 06:29

the ingame scaler is rubbish and an FPS killer

and SGSSAA has to be in use with MSAA to get it to work or it wont have any effect

the SGSSAA we use here is known as TRSSAA (Transparency Supersampling) and works only on transparent textures
[ external image ]

Return to “Technical Problems”