A few problems

jimortality

A few problems

#1 Post by jimortality » 15 Aug 2017 11:44

Hi

I have a I7 6700K processor 16GB Ram and GTX 1080 Graphics card and Dell 2716DG 144hz Gsync monitor. I don't know If this is mid or high spec but as much as I love ETS2, I seem to struggle with any map mod I have. In vanilla mode, all is good but If I add Pro-mods and jazzy trailer packs then it runs like a bag ********. I use Nvidia experience and let it choose my settings and what I've found on here, other people don't use this and have deleted it. I use the shadowplay feature so that's why I keep using it. I see youtube videos and people have every mod under the sun installed with no issues and the game looking great and they possibly have a lesser spec system than me so I don't understand. I upgraded my pc a year ago and thought my days of stutter were behind me but it seems not. I've trawled through 10 plus pages of technical help but couldn't really find a solution.

Is it possible to run 1.27 and 1.28 at the same time? I want to keep 1.27 but I also want to try out 1.28 so If I update the beta in steam, and start a new profile in game, will I then be able to revert back to the older version at a later date. Cheers
I7 6700K 16gb Ram 2tb HD GTX 1080 card Thrustmaster TSPC-Racer with T3pa pro pedals GT Omega wheelstand Alienware 34" Gsync monitor Oculus CV1
axelrol

Re: A few problems

#2 Post by axelrol » 15 Aug 2017 12:47

Yes, you can switch back to previous version in Steam. No, you cant run 1.27 and 1.28 at the same time (only if you have two purchased copies of the game).
jimortality

#3 Post by jimortality » 15 Aug 2017 17:48

Ok thanks, that's 1 problem solved.
I7 6700K 16gb Ram 2tb HD GTX 1080 card Thrustmaster TSPC-Racer with T3pa pro pedals GT Omega wheelstand Alienware 34" Gsync monitor Oculus CV1
SlavikSD

#4 Post by SlavikSD » 15 Aug 2017 18:20

jimortality wrote: 15 Aug 2017 11:44 I want to keep 1.27 but I also want to try out 1.28
You can make a backup of the profile for 1.27. Play for version 1.28 and then restore the backup and go back to version 1.27.
sikejsudjek3

#5 Post by sikejsudjek3 » 15 Aug 2017 22:54

I can't get jazzy cat's stuff and promods to work at a decent frame rate. I just use promods now. A few things you could try - jetboost to stop background processes running. Turn off hyperthreading in the bios and see it the stutter goes ? Reduce scaling in game. Overclock processor as the game should run better with a higher single core speed. DX9 is pretty poor for multitasking. I get decent frame rates with a lower spec system than yours - but not in all cities in promods. To be honest with today's hardware I'm not sure anyone does !
GTX 1080 o'cd, i5 6600k 4.4 ghz, 16gb ddr4 2666mhz, nvme drive, windows 10, windows 7 and linux mint 19, nvidia 3d vison, Edtracker pro.

If its not in 3d stereoscopic, I'm not playing it !
jimortality

#6 Post by jimortality » 16 Aug 2017 08:38

sikejsudjek3 wrote: 15 Aug 2017 22:54 I can't get jazzy cat's stuff and promods to work at a decent frame rate. I just use promods now. A few things you could try - jetboost to stop background processes running. Turn off hyperthreading in the bios and see it the stutter goes ? Reduce scaling in game. Overclock processor as the game should run better with a higher single core speed. DX9 is pretty poor for multitasking. I get decent frame rates with a lower spec system than yours - but not in all cities in promods. To be honest with today's hardware I'm not sure anyone does !
Yeah thanks, last night I uninstalled Nvidia experience, dropped vegetation and reflections I think down to medium scaling at 200% and it looked and ran great. That's just vanilla 1.28 so I'll try tonight and add a few bits to see how it goes. I've not heard of jetboost before so I'll have a look. I'm not comfortable over clocking.
cip

#7 Post by cip » 16 Aug 2017 09:45

jimortality wrote: 15 Aug 2017 11:44 I seem to struggle with any map mod I have. In vanilla mode, all is good but If I add Pro-mods and jazzy trailer packs then it runs like a bag ********. I use Nvidia experience and let it choose my settings and what I've found on here
I have slightly lower PC then yours and had the same problems some time ago. then I've made some researches and discovered the perfect settings:
1. be sure you remove or disable Nvidia experience for ETS2
2. Google search and download Nvidia inspector (it's an executable only, no need to install it) this will act and rewrite the options you have in Nvidia control panel, except that you get access to more options
3. import my profile that works perfectly in 1.27 and do not forget to hit "apply". you can find my profile here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=244658&start=120#p787586
4. close Nvidia inspector and launch the game via Steam (right click ETS2 and play DirectX 64bit)
5. it's very important to use in game the same graphic settings as in the attached print screen, respectively scaling 100%, MLAA, Vsync and Anisotropic disabled (all these are controlled by Nvidia).
I should mention that colour correction is disabled for the fact that I use a graphic mod that improved considerably the colours in game.
the only issue is that in 1.28 the Nvidia inspector makes game freezing in menu whenever you click on "drive". hoping for a solution soon.
Now I revert back to 1.27 (Steam/ETS2/Properties/Betas) I play on any map with decent fps on ProMods cities with countless other mods activated inclusively most of Jazzycat traffic and trailers mods.
be sure if you try 1.28 beta, make a back-up of your game profile before, otherwise when you revert back to 1.27 you won't be able to launch it.
good luck! :mrgreen:
sikejsudjek3 wrote: 15 Aug 2017 22:54 A few things you could try - jetboost to stop background processes running. Turn off hyperthreading in the bios and see it the stutter goes ? Reduce scaling in game. Overclock processor as the game should run better with a higher single core speed
I learn many things from your posts but:
1. Turning off hyperthreading is not necessary on newer CPU, I tried with my I7 4770 and no improvements. CPU in my game is never using more than 30% of his potential. the stutter are because of using multiple syncs, if you have Gsync, just disable Vsync.
2. Overclock processor - I won't do it for any I7, overclocking is good for older processors to squeeze it at maximum and maybe if you want to play latest demanding games.
3. jetboost to stop background processes running - I only close Chrome and that's enough even for my 8 Gb RAM, for 16 Gb I am pretty sure you can keep all browsers open :lol:
4. scaling is agreed that should be 100% if using Inspector or 400% without. 200% is not an option if you have I7 and GTX 1080 :mrgreen:
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
xXCARL1992Xx

#8 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 16 Aug 2017 10:04

cipinho wrote: 16 Aug 2017 09:45 4. close Nvidia inspector and launch the game via Steam (right click ETS2 and play DirectX 64bit)
THIS is the most unnecessary thing SCS added to the Windows version of ETS2

Windows only starts games with DirectX, if the user doesnt change it or the game doesnt support it, so starting the game in 32/64bit mode is the same as to start it in 32/64bit DirectX mode
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
pigbrother

#9 Post by pigbrother » 16 Aug 2017 10:10

Uh, no, Carl1992. Last time I checked, if you manually start the game with OpenGL, it will always start with OpenGL from now on. So you need an option to revert to DirectX. I don't know if anything changed in the last year, but I remember having this problem last year and wondering why the game runs like crap. I have started with OpenGL to check something and then I scratched my head until I saw the logs. :D
I have approximate knowledge of many things
xXCARL1992Xx

#10 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 16 Aug 2017 10:18

lol really

then they should remove OpenGL for windows, there is practically no need for it with Windows

but if you never start the game with OpenGL then you dont need the DX command
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “Technical Problems”