A certain truck can crash the game in certain locations

cip

A certain truck can crash the game in certain locations

#1 Post by cip » 17 Aug 2017 08:50

I am trying to understand the logic of this, giving some additional information below:
- Modders have done a magnificent job creating great trucks, while others have been imported from ATS, also great job ;)
- I personally learnt (yet partially) to correct truck mods or to remove those generating lots of errors and keep my log as clear as possible
- also I play with some traffic and few trailers mods that are surely close to perfection (mostly Jazzycat's packs and also Chris45 and Roadhunter's packs)
- still while gamelog is clear, it happens that driving a truck (this time was a Mack) in Vanilla map, no problems at all for half an hour, then suddenly game freezes in a certain place and can't go on. restart and same problem in exactly the same place. nothing in the game log, unfortunately ! changing the truck then going in the same place, game no longer freezes, so obviously truck's fault but HOW?
this I would like to understand, how it's possible that a truck that has no errors in the log, pmg files converted and running great most of the time, it can stuck in certain places only, what's the trigger that cause that freezing. it's not a graphic mod or Nvidia inspector as it happens before using these as well, but I was not paying attention or I was considering other causes as well. however this time I am sure the fault goes to the truck itself :lol:
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
Reinhard

Re: A certain truck can crash the game in certain locations

#2 Post by Reinhard » 17 Aug 2017 11:22

Maybe the truck is very resource hungry? It could happen that at a certain spot of the map, a limit of what can be processed is reached.

Though I would expect an error message still, it could be that some rare conditions of allocation are uncovered, or that the engine was dead before a message could be written...

I would check the PMG size, and texture file sizes. And compare those to a standard truck of the game.
cip

Re: A certain truck can crash the game in certain locations

#3 Post by cip » 17 Aug 2017 12:33

Well, the largest truck both as complexity and size is Peterbilt 389 of Viper2. never had any issue with this truck despite the messages about "temporary buffer is insufficient while reading..." those big dds files
besides with this truck, Mack Pinnacle, I do not see any fps drop, it runs very smoothly all the time, then in certain places game freezes. it happened before with other trucks in EAA map but yesterday it happened on Vanilla so I realised that is not the map's fault, but the truck :lol:
I don't really care about the truck, I just wish to understand if there is any connection and possible fix for it, otherwise delete truck and next :D
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...

Return to “Technical Problems”