Frametime/stutter issues with ownable trailers?

GoingDutch

Re: Frametime/stutter issues with ownable trailers?

#81 Post by GoingDutch » 01 Apr 2021 08:33

Please provide your gamelog at the 'bug'-link above. Without a gamelog, SCS cant/wont be able to investigate the issue. It's just an attachment you have to provide ;)
sh4kky

#82 Post by sh4kky » 01 Apr 2021 19:58

Thanks for proper report, additional info and keeping this thread alive. Can confirm that those type of stutters on your videos are same that I was talking about. Hope SCS will reproduce this issue.

And about gamelog, fun part of this byg that it is logless, for me at least. I mean, only useful info from the log in this case is game configuration
Madel

#83 Post by Madel » 09 Apr 2021 13:21

I'm experiencing this problem too with the ownable trailers. It happens with g_traffic 0, 1 or 10, clean or modded profile, no matters.
GoingDutch

#84 Post by GoingDutch » 10 Apr 2021 21:07

Can you provide a gamelog.txt?
wisdeerkiller

#85 Post by wisdeerkiller » 12 Apr 2021 14:07

I was having the same problem with stuttering and I don't have owned trailers. Been away for about a year. I messed with different graphic setting and notice I was at 1080p and not 1440p(5700xt). I changed it to 1440p and it all went away. Not sure why that mattered for me.
JariJunior

#86 Post by JariJunior » 16 Apr 2021 05:28

Weird stuff... yesterday the game was smooth, running everything maxxed out, 110 mods.. I have a pretty beefy pc. However today the stutter is real! I created a clean profile and I can run using medium\low and the game is stuttering a lot, I mean A LOT.

One thing I noticed is now some 3d models are "morphing", I mean.. they only load properly when I get really near them and this was not happening before.
wisdeerkiller wrote: 12 Apr 2021 14:07 I was at 1080p and not 1440p(5700xt). I changed it to 1440p and it all went away. Not sure why that mattered for me.
Weird, i'm running in 1080p also.
GoingDutch

#87 Post by GoingDutch » 18 Apr 2021 09:48

Please, keep in mind that the topic is about an issue with OWN TRAILERS. Lets not put other issues in this thread as well, when own trailers are not involved.
skyy-v8

#88 Post by skyy-v8 » 21 Apr 2021 19:13

Got a new beefy PC , i7 11700k , rtx 3060 , 32 GB ram (steam parameters set etc. ) and of course random micro freezes / FPS drops for 1 sec with ownable (krone dlc) . Before playing with freight market everything was super smooth constant 60 FPS , even in cities ... so guys some of you thought it might be hardware related , I don’t think so ... will test a clean new profile later but I highly doubt, that something will change :( this is so saaaad.
I am a scs supporter since the beginning but at this point I am seriously thinking about not purchasing Iberia ... why the heck they don’t do more to fix it ? This should be priority and not just an side aspect that was tested once for 5 min by a game moderator who claims that it doesn’t occur :( damn I was so happy my new PC rocking ETS2 and now I am disappointed again , this is such a shame .. an official bug report was made by one mate in the 1.40 bug section, where is the answer from scs ? Why isn’t the bug officially reported checked again ? Hilarious, very weak from a crew that claims that they have the best community ever but cannot fix this major bug for so long for the community members suffering massively by this. I know I am in rage , sorry for that don’t get me wrong I really love scs and this game and how it developed during the years but I just can’t understand this story ...
Emo1975

#89 Post by Emo1975 » 23 Apr 2021 18:31

@skyy-v8 I am so with you on everything you said here, why should we keep parting with our hard earned cash everytime they bring out new DLC, the thing I commented on was the showcase of Iberia DLC on thier twitter page was the fact I noticed all the jagged edges, popping up scenery and framedrops, how on earth can you showcase such a poorly put together game, I have literally tried every setting in the book, messed about with Nvidia control panel, but I still don't have a solution, I'm like you, I'm a massive fan of the game and don't want to abandon it after all the money I have parted with over the years, and when they bring out new updates they always say it's the best one yet, to be honest I never tell the difference from the last one, I hope something can be sorted sometime soon.
Steelglove

#90 Post by Steelglove » 25 Apr 2021 07:16

I think it has something to do with the SCS-map itself.
I've been driving around for hours i Grand Utopia, which is a standalone map, and have no freezes/framedrops.
If I use the same truck/trailer setup in SCS basemap or Promods I get freezes/framedrops all over the place, especially in big junctions and approaching tollgates.
This would explain why people using ATS is not affected by the problem.
Another thing I have discovered is that if I have a freezes/framedrop in a certain place on the map and I stop and load the latest autosave and then drive the same route again I get the freezes/framedrop in the exact same place.

Return to “Technical Problems”