Frametime/stutter issues with ownable trailers?

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Frametime/stutter issues with ownable trailers?

#121 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 28 Sep 2021 16:02

what indication in the logs shows up ?
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
JolliciousJosh

#122 Post by JolliciousJosh » 28 Sep 2021 16:07

When loading the cargo, it shows on the log/console as:
<ERROR> trailer position is occupied by driver or trailer (with coordinates).

This error can be the cause of stutters. In isolated case, there are none to few times that stutters don't appear/occur when delivering a cargo to a destination using an owned trailer.
xXCARL1992Xx

#123 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 28 Sep 2021 16:10

this error has nothing to do with it, this will always appear, this error is there since game release and just tells that the game despawned a trailer because you need that spot for loading cargo or your trailer will be spawned there
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Madkine
Global moderator

#124 Post by Madkine » 28 Sep 2021 21:46

And given that the stutters are frequently reported while driving, an error from 10 mins earlier isn't likely to be the cause.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Pull My Finger

#125 Post by Pull My Finger » 03 Nov 2021 08:28

I've been suffering from this "condition" for a while now, perhaps since version 1.38. I have created numerous profiles and done a few game re-installs lately just to find it is still there. And it happens even if I am using a new profile after a game re-install without ever buying my own truck. I have used only freight market trailers for a couple of months now and it is happening more and more, it seems, owned truck or not. Especially when it starts to get dark and the general traffic turns their headlights on. Also happens when the sun starts setting or when I enter a well lit tunnel. It seems, to me, to be somewhat affected by light, although I don't see how. I run the game at a constant 60fps but only at 1080 with a GTX1660TI GPU. The game runs fine except for the "Rubber Banding" as it is also known.

I have also reverted the game to versions 1.39, 1.40 and 1.41 and the problem is the same in all of those versions now, although I don't ever remember it when 1.39 was initially released.

I have seven family members and friends who play the game and they are all reporting the same problem on a variety of hardware. It is getting so annoying I am about to give up on the game entirely. It can't be played as it is and SCS don't seem to be that worried about it. I'm sure they would have at least duplicated the problem by now. If any of them would like to, they are welcome to come to my house and watch their game do the slow-slow-quick-quick slow dance. I'll also show them how annoying it is to crash into the vehicle in front at the stop sign because your truck got a sudden and ridiculous burst of speed after slowing to a snail's pace for a hundred metres.

Maybe they should give up on the Russia DLC release and try to fix their damned game! I for one will not be buying it.
Maverick_Knight

#126 Post by Maverick_Knight » 28 Nov 2021 13:40

Hi there, fellow truckers ;)

I got all DLCs for ETS2 but I will also wait until this is fixed, before I buy any new content from SCS.
This is a major issue that has to be solved ASAP!

I wrote this beore, but the interesting thing is that the stutters still occure, if you have left your ownable trailer somewhere and drive around solo. At this point, the trailer is still associated with your truck!
As soon as you SEND YOUR TRAILER HOME, the stuttering is gone.

I think this is quite remarkable and could be a hint for SCS.
MEURSNL

#127 Post by MEURSNL » 15 Dec 2021 14:18

Same problem 1.43 update after update and this problem cant be solved ? Its a shame scs!
Maverick_Knight

#128 Post by Maverick_Knight » 27 Dec 2021 10:03

Still not fixed with 1.43? What a shame SCS!
plykkegaard

#129 Post by plykkegaard » 27 Dec 2021 10:27

In order to fix it you need to be able to reproduce the problem
Maybe I am blind but I don't have the problem
Some other factors are contributing

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Acrilix

#130 Post by Acrilix » 30 Dec 2021 20:42

plykkegaard wrote: 27 Dec 2021 10:27 In order to fix it you need to be able to reproduce the problem
This is not true at all. In order to fix it you need to figure out the differences in the code, assets etc when driving with and without owned trailers and then isolate each possible culprit, getting people who are suffering from the problem to test any changes until the solution is found.
This has been an issue ever since owned trailers were introduced and the size of this thread and the number of views it's had compared to other technical issues shows that it is a major problem with this game and SCS should be making more of an effort to solve it.

Return to “Technical Problems”