Frametime/stutter issues with ownable trailers?

NARS

Re: Frametime/stutter issues with ownable trailers?

#61 Post by NARS » 13 Mar 2021 19:49

Imho i think that this can not be a bug because if so everybody around will have it and i`m one of those who never experienced it and my computer is not one of those aerospacial tunned machines that you can buy nowadays.
And the only things that i don`t max out are the scaling and the SSAO! I use 200% scaling and medium settings on the SSAO thingy! :) All the rest is maxed out even the mirrors option!
Nevertheless is a really strange situation for some of the players and even more strange being mainly when you only use ownable trailers...
If it wasn`t for the fact that most of you report that only happens when you drive with an ownable trailer i would have said that some of you may have a few unaware things running on the background of your game and probably thanks to windows 10 that marvelous piece of sh... ...operating system! :roll:
GoingDutch

#62 Post by GoingDutch » 14 Mar 2021 08:21

plykkegaard wrote: 20 Jan 2021 19:38 [EDIT]
game start properties

Code: Select all

-nointro -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -mm_max_resource_size 40 and -mm_max_tmp_buffers_size 500
Thanks, tried these launch parameters. Helas, no effect...

I've been playing ATS 1.39 for a while now, and using an own trailer in ATS did not cause any stutter whatsoever... Very stable, as it should be. I think it's odd, as I believe ATS 1.39 and ETS 1.39 share the same engine/core... If that's the case, I can rule out hardware reasons to cause this effect.
Reinhard

#63 Post by Reinhard » 14 Mar 2021 09:44

plykkegaard wrote: 20 Jan 2021 19:38

Code: Select all

-nointro -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -mm_max_resource_size 40 and -mm_max_tmp_buffers_size 500
The game's executable doesn't know such a parameter "-USEALLAVAILABLECORES ". Is this perhaps a general Steam thing?
Madkine
Global moderator

#64 Post by Madkine » 14 Mar 2021 10:13

Or if it's an unknown parameter it may cause all parameters afterwards to be ignored.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
GoingDutch

#65 Post by GoingDutch » 14 Mar 2021 10:39

I've just used this parameter for testing purposes, as plykkegaard suggested. With no effect. Before using this parameter, I've also faced this stuttering, so I thought: lets try this one.

Somewhere Max also said that this paramater is not doing anything. Here's the link: viewtopic.php?t=277910
sh4kky

#66 Post by sh4kky » 15 Mar 2021 18:22

NARS wrote: 13 Mar 2021 19:49 Imho i think that this can not be a bug because if so everybody around will have it and i`m one of those who never experienced it and my computer is not one of those aerospacial tunned machines that you can buy nowadays.
And the only things that i don`t max out are the scaling and the SSAO! I use 200% scaling and medium settings on the SSAO thingy! :) All the rest is maxed out even the mirrors option!
Nevertheless is a really strange situation for some of the players and even more strange being mainly when you only use ownable trailers...
If it wasn`t for the fact that most of you report that only happens when you drive with an ownable trailer i would have said that some of you may have a few unaware things running on the background of your game and probably thanks to windows 10 that marvelous piece of sh... ...operating system! :roll:
Firstly, as many of users in this thread already said, graphic settings do not affect this issue, at all. You can set 100% and lowest setting possible, and you'll get same microfreezes, as with ultra settings. The only thing that completely removes this problem is using company trailer in-game.
There is nothing really that strange about it, it might be just few lines of code in game engine, that affects some configurations.

I'd also like to add, that console-wise, this problem is logless, nothing appears in game log, in a moment of stutter and right after.

And since someone mentioned ATS, there is no such issue, for some reason, at least for me.
NARS

#67 Post by NARS » 16 Mar 2021 10:19

Ok... I just gave my opinion! Nevertheless i still think that a "real bug" from the game is something that will happen for all and not for some, but maybe i`m wrong about it...
It`s a real strange situation, that`s for sure!
And how to solve it? No log errors or warnings, no nothing! It`s a mystery surrounding the ownable trailers that do not affect me but i admit that i`m really curious about...
GoingDutch

#68 Post by GoingDutch » 16 Mar 2021 12:24

Yes, it is very strange. Given the fact that no stuttering occurs in ATS, and it does in ETS. Both are running the exact same configuration (graphics, config-file); i've checked and double checked. And obviously, also the same CPU and GPU :D

But, thanks for your opinion!
Madkine
Global moderator

#69 Post by Madkine » 16 Mar 2021 20:31

NARS wrote: 16 Mar 2021 10:19 Ok... I just gave my opinion! Nevertheless i still think that a "real bug" from the game is something that will happen for all and not for some, but maybe i`m wrong about it...
You are wrong on this. You can have a bug that affects Linux users but not windows users. You can have a bug that appears if you use less than 100% scaling but not for users on higher values.
There are many scenarios where a bug only affects certain users, this appears to be one of them, but no one has yet discovered the commonality for this one.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
GoingDutch

#70 Post by GoingDutch » 18 Mar 2021 14:25

I've found something. I have no clue if this leads to a solution whatsoever. I just noticed it :D

Own trailer = basic cheapest Curtainslider, no skins attached (plain white):

Profile 1, 100% vanilla, Single Player: own trailer stuttering
Profile 2, only Promods 2.51 (no other mods), Single Player: own trailer stuttering
Profile 3, only Promods 2.51 (no other mods), Multi Player: own trailer ABSOLUTELY NO stuttering
Profile 3, only Promods 2.51 (no other mods), Single Player: own trailer stuttering

So it seems, at least for me, that driving an own trailer with truckersMP, this is working okay. As soon as I switch to Single Player, trouble begins. I did check with the basic Curtainslider, no skins on it. I will try it too with other trailers.

Are you able to check this somehow for yourself?

Return to “Technical Problems”