Frametime/stutter issues with ownable trailers?

jasep

Frametime/stutter issues with ownable trailers?

#1 Post by jasep » 13 Aug 2019 14:09

Or something else(?), but I have been trying to track down what causes nasty stutter issues.
Now I'm pretty confident that (SCS) ownable trailers causes those problems.
In this profile I have a lots of map mods (see logs below), but nothing else is loaded
and stutter problem is not related to any specific map area: it's the same regardless am I driving on Promods maps or Middle-East map etc.
I played around with different -mm_pool_size, -mm_max_resource_size and -mm_max_tmp_buffers_size options, but they didn't changed a thing.

Everything is super smooth when i have normal freight market trailer:
[ external image ]

But when I have a ownable (SCS) trailer and have a job from a cargo market, this happens:
[ external image ]
Very annoying 200-300ms freezes and time to time it's much worse.

And this happens every time. I'm not 100% sure, but it feels like it (stuttering) is getting progressively worse, if I have added any (SCS) customisation parts to trailer.
When I ditch the trailer and pick up a normal freight market job, the problem disappears right away.

The problem persist with DX9 and DX11 and in general different graphics settings did't seem to affect this at all.

Current graphics settings:
[ external image ]

PC's specs are in the log, but:
Nvidia GTX 1080 (latest drivers, 431.60)
1440p (2560×1440), 144Mz display.
16 GB RAM.
1.35.1.31s(64bit) ETS2

Any ideas?
Attachments
game.log_bad.txt
(120.94 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
game.log_good.txt
(121.57 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
cip

Re: Frametime/stutter issues with ownable trailers?

#2 Post by cip » 13 Aug 2019 14:52

You are right in your observations! recently I cloned my Vanilla profile to add a map (because I don't want to ruin my main profile after removing it) and the coincidence made that in the main profile I completed a drive with freight market cargo and Scania T truck by RJL, which went pretty well, normal FPS, little drops in cities, due to my high traffic density and models.
In the cloned profile I took the same truck from the same Vanilla city, but this time with an owned scs HCT double trailer, customized with the few options available. to my surprise, I had serious FPS drop in the same Vanilla cities (I did not arrive yet to the modded part of the map, Romania map by Mirfi), but also sporadic FPS drop, stuttering and micro freezes on motorways where normally everything is fine even at rush hours!
at the time I was suspecting that the map is the cause of the drop, also because in a separate profile with EAA map only, I had also some drops. Later I realized that when I released the owned trailer, my FPS went back to normal :lol:
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
citelis

#3 Post by citelis » 28 Aug 2019 21:09

I have exactly that problem! I was trying to find out why the game suddenly started to stutter that much. I removed mods, i tried the minimum possible graphics, i updated GPU drivers but the game kept stuttering. After hours of looking for solution on the internet i found this thread and i realised that the problem started after i bought a trailer for the first ever time. So i sold the trailer and the problem solved.
Right now the game works in very good graphics without any big problems and many mods are enabled (real traffic by cip, all jazzycat mods, ProMods, Southern Region etc)!

My pc has i5 7400, 1050Ti and 8GB RAM and the game is running from SSD. What do i need to update in order to solve the problem? :?:
cip

#4 Post by cip » 29 Aug 2019 00:08

the solution is not to drive owned trailers until scs find the issue :lol: actually I don't drive much owned trailers so no problems here ;)
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
citelis

#5 Post by citelis » 29 Aug 2019 09:40

Yes that's what i will do too.
Tomlaker

#6 Post by Tomlaker » 01 Sep 2019 08:01

Me and several other friends have exactly the same problem. Your test hits the nail on the head.
marvix

#7 Post by marvix » 21 Sep 2019 11:41

Thanks for the info. Was wondering what was going on.
Highflyernl

#8 Post by Highflyernl » 30 Sep 2019 08:17

Thanks for this information! the issue is resolved on my side by not using ownable trailers. I assume this is also reported in the bug section?
theclumsygeek

#9 Post by theclumsygeek » 02 Oct 2019 21:46

Wow this is a very interesting observation! Have you guys encountered stutters for ALL owned trailers (i.e. even modded ones), or only on SCS trailers? I'll do some tests on my end, too.

Btw, what tool are you using to get that measurement for stutter? I've always just eyeballed it but that's never accurate lol. Would be nice to have an objective result like yours.
5o2

#10 Post by 5o2 » 05 Oct 2019 21:39

Same problem here.
theclumsygeek wrote: 02 Oct 2019 21:46 Have you guys encountered stutters for ALL owned trailers (i.e. even modded ones), or only on SCS trailers?
On my end it happens with any trailer: SCS's, DLC's and modded.

I'm curious what this issue really relates to since it seems that it does not affect all players. It might be some mod or hardware we're all using that is causing these stutters.
My specs are: 9900KF, MSI RTX2080S, 32GB RAM, 1440p 61Hz monitor, Thrustmaster TMX steering wheel, game runs from SSD under Windows 10.
The worse thing is I cannot say since when this issue is in the game 'cause I used to play on a crappy laptop before and it was pretty laggy anyway. I've got my PC in August and met these nasty stutters right away.

Edit: just got a stutter while testing without any mod, so.. I dunno, there should be a reason why the game stutters for ones and going smooth for others.

Return to “Technical Problems”