Frametime/stutter issues with ownable trailers?

skyy-v8

Re: Frametime/stutter issues with ownable trailers?

#101 Post by skyy-v8 » 06 May 2021 17:48

Then try owned trailers and you will get micro freezes ;)
alexhob123

#102 Post by alexhob123 » 06 May 2021 17:51

i ain't going to bother then
PC:Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX690,Memory: 24GB,CPU: Intel Core i5-84000 6-Core 2.8GHz
paulieGTR

#103 Post by paulieGTR » 11 May 2021 22:29

5o2 wrote: 05 Oct 2019 21:39snip...

On my end it happens with any trailer: SCS's, DLC's and modded.

..It might be some mod or hardware we're all using that is causing these stutters.
Thrustmaster TMX steering wheel..

Edit: just got a stutter while testing without any mod, so.. I dunno, there should be a reason why the game stutters for ones and going smooth for others.
Guys, this may or may not be relevant, but here's a C/P of my post from another thread.
==
==

"Guys, pls bear with me.

I've ran hawks "Dalton and Elliot highway" in ATS for years and in version v1.40.x of ATS, the Dalton became unplayable.. five and ten second freezes were happening in certain places on the map. I don't know which version it actually started on, because I went straight from v1.36/37 to v1.40.

Long story short.. "Disabling" the "FFB Damper effects" by putting the slider all the way to the left in, ATS > Options > Controls.. forcefeedback damper.
This solved the freezes instantly and after doing that I have not encountered any freezes or stuttering whatsoever.

I've ran from Fairbanks > Prudoe which is 500miles in twelve hour sessions and I've done it non-stop.
I've also ran from Prudoe > Fairbanks in twelve hour sessions going the opposite way and again I've did these sessions non-stop.

So the thing is..
I do not suffer from the freezes/stutter/hiccups in ETS2, so I cannot test this, but something caught my attention in plykkegaard's post, he does not use a Forcefeedback Wheel.
plykkegaard wrote: 07 May 2021 20:36 Just keyboard and mouse no accessories

So I was wondering since the dev's seem to be aware that there's "unnecessary damper data/information" being sent out..
Is it possible, just possible that the FFB damper could be triggering something minor which then snowballs and gets worse the longer you drive.

As I said.. i do not suffer the stutter or freezes in ETS2 so I cannot test it.
But could everyone who uses a FFB Wheel, try disabling the FFB damper in Options > Controls > Forcefeedback Damper.

Guys, I understand this might be a "shot in the dark", but it can't hurt to try and it is also something else we can rule out.

fwiw.. disabling the damper makes the truck sims feel lifeless because there is no 'loading and unloading' of the dampers and there is no speed bump or kerb effects.
Disabling the damper is definitely not a solution if it ends up to be part of the prob.

ps.I remember when 'owned trailers' very first appeared in ATS.. when I bought and used one, as soon as I connected it and drove, I got stuttering and small freezes. However, later game versions seemed to make the issue disappear.

It just seems that there is many folks with this issue and not all folks will put it down to a 'v1.40.x bug'.
Who knows, with the feedback that could come in, others might report that it actually started in a specific earlier game update/version, which could help narrow it down further. v1.40 might be the wrong place to start looking.

link:viewtopic.php?f=278&t=298181&p=1552903#p1552875

regards..
Win10pro/X299pro/i9.10920X/64gbQC/Antec 1Kw SigPlat/3090 TUF/27" triples multimon2
T500-alu shifter+Eaton knob-GTomegaPro-318ti Dash-ProGauge-BU0836x BBox-tir5+tc pro-924 seat
Some newbie driver

#104 Post by Some newbie driver » 12 May 2021 07:10

paulieGTR wrote: 11 May 2021 22:29Guys, I understand this might be a "shot in the dark", but it can't hurt to try and it is also something else we can rule out.
Better a shot in the dark than nothing at this point.

And after all, it's not so weird idea. Stutters is the way our computer reflects he can't deal with all the computing load the game demands. If that FFB is working wrong and saturates some part of the code taking too much CPU; it could perfectly be the culprit. Although it's possible that the error is the combination of several different things and that's why is so hard to catch. It's probable even that the error will not come from the same source for everybody.

Regards
fajnymarcin0

#105 Post by fajnymarcin0 » 13 May 2021 08:00

After some time of testing without ownable trailer i get no stutter issues. BTW i have noticed something else. When i added scania RJL from loader saints, i also had some stutter issues. After removing scania not at all. It seems like a ownable trailer issue and also happening with some only modded trucks. Otherwise no problems with mods. I have Promods , all jazzycat packs, traffic mod, weather mod, sisl mods etc... Mybe this will give us - comunity some ideas. Oh and it is not hardware related. I have I7 8700 with RTX 2060 GPU and 16 GB RAM DDR 4. No problems with other games nor with ATS
Some newbie driver

#106 Post by Some newbie driver » 13 May 2021 11:09

Stutters can have a lot of different root causes for a lot of different computers. If your computer is working ad the edge of what's capable to deliver (talking about stable frame rate); to push it a bit beyond that point can easily cause stutter. A more detailed (so, heavy to deal with) 3D model of a modded truck could be enough for that. It's possible that, for some people, the owned trailers problem come from the same reason, as those trailers are a bit more detailed than regular ones.

But that doesn't explain the problem for people whose computers can exceed way over 60FPS in regular game play. So, capping them at 60FPS should be smooth butter, but instead they suffer stutters with owned trailers. There's when the problem become very tricky to narrow it down.

Regards
fajnymarcin0

#107 Post by fajnymarcin0 » 13 May 2021 12:38

Yes. i have easy 100 FPS, and just because i reduced it in nvidia settings it's not higher value. But i can try with let's say 60 FPS. Guess what will happen. Maybe we are getting closer . ;) Some newbie driver nice - hope it will help comunity. I am trying to say, that maybe ETS 2 is optimized for 60 FPS and not 100 or more. That may be the reason. I don't know
Some newbie driver

#108 Post by Some newbie driver » 13 May 2021 13:34

Games aren't "optimized" for a certain frame rate. But high frame rates in games like SCS ones (as their current state) aren't easy to obtain at all due how they are coded.

This week two people have solved graphical problems in their computers (0FPS one of them, very high drops another) just by removing of the game third-party plugins one (that were not related with graphics at all ) and external software another. Just as examples of the complexity of find WTH could cause graphic performance problems on a given computer.

it seems there's a relation with owned trailers in some cases. Well, that's a start point. But the root cause isn't clear at all. And probably will not be the same for everybody; but most people can talk only about the final consequence they notice.

Regards
philbean

#109 Post by philbean » 13 May 2021 15:05

I could hug you all !

Been playing for years pretty much sticking to the freight market. Runs smooth as butter.
Bought Iberia and on my first stop in Barcelona treated myself to an owned trailer.

Spent the past 2 weeks driving round Spain and Portugal in a complete micro-stutter fest. Couldn't figure it out. Thought it was mods.. thought it was settings.. thought Iberia was too detailed for my PC...
Never for one minute considered it would be the trailer.

Many many thanks !!!

and SCS - get it fixed !
ScaniaKing326

#110 Post by ScaniaKing326 » 13 May 2021 17:56

known issue but SCS seems to do nothing about it
Steam https://steamcommunity.com/id/scaniaking326
World Of Trucks https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/1558213
Acer Nitro 5 (ANS 515-51) Logitech G29 with Shifter
Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
Owner and founder of King Trans Group

Return to “Technical Problems”