My trucks won't go faster than 15km/h

EuroNutellaMan

My trucks won't go faster than 15km/h

#1 Post by EuroNutellaMan » 19 Jul 2020 20:31

Hello everyone,

First of all I want to point out that I use Windows 10, I have a Radeon RX580, a Ryzen 3 1200 and 8GB of RAM, so my computer can easily handle the game without any issue normally, this shouldn't be related to the problem but I'm putting it here as requested from the stickied post. I also use wheel and pedals.

I have come to an issue that has been ruining my experience quite a lot the last couple days:
It first occurred halfway through a trip from Pskow to Sardinia, I was transporting 24 tons of fish filet in the multiplayer mod (TruckersMP) with my Mercedes-Benz New Actros and everything was going smoothly until I reached around Wien, at that point my truck wouldn't go much faster than 45km/h for some reason, sometimes it would get to 60km/h in descents but no more than that. I assumed it was the weight of the cargo so next time I tried with a 9t boat and the problem still occurred, this time from the start to the delivery until about 1/4er of it when I decided to cancel it because it wasn't going beyond 40km/hour.
I should note that before those trips I upgraded the engine to the most powerful one available, later on I tried reverting this change but the problem would only get worse, in fact changing chassis, gear thing or any truck component would not fix the issue and at times make it worse. After a day I tried another trip, this time with only 4t of cargo and it was terrible, I couldn't go to 4th gear without the truck dying on me and therefore the maximum speed would be 15km/h, I then tried buying an entirely new truck (Volvo FH with second most powerful engine) and that also didn't work and had the same problem, in fact in this case I couldn't even get to 3rd gear. I also want to mention that without any trailer attached the truck would go somewhat fine but wouldn't go past 80 km/h or 90km/h in descents and it wouldn't be able to handle 12th gear, furthermore regardless of whether I have a trailer or not my engine would randomly shut down while I have no damage at all...

I talked about this issue with the TruckersMP support and tested in single-player and concluded that it's not a problem of TruckersMP, I checked if it could be the speed limiter or any other option, tried to see if it was the retarder or engine break, tried reinstalling both the entire game and the mod but nothing seems to fix it. I also tried making a new profile and the first delivery was working somewhat decently although towards the end it started acting up a bit, I then edited the profile to be able to recover most of the progress I made in my previous save but then the first delivery I attempt is completely broken and the truck won't even go to 2nd gear. The only thing that I can think of that I haven't tried already is starting completely from scratch without editing the save, which is something I'm reluctant to do since in my first profile I managed to reach a decent level and point and I wouldn't want to start all over again only to probably run into the same issue. Is there any other solution?

UPDATE: I tried on a completely new profile with no mods or anything, the tutorial job went decently, the first quick job I did however didn't go well at all with it being unable to go past 35km/h on a Scania with 18t of Cargo going from Firenze (Florence) to Verona. This issue is literally making the game completely unplayable for me. I haven't tried to see if this happens in the northern side of the map too as so far this has been happening essentially only in the southern side but I doubt going north will fix it and I'm quite honestly getting tired of testing this.
Last edited by EuroNutellaMan on 20 Jul 2020 12:35, edited 1 time in total.

Some newbie driver

Re: My trucks won't go faster than 15km/h

#2 Post by Some newbie driver » 20 Jul 2020 07:18

Have you updated some truck/engine related mods recently?

1.38 update is bringing to the game new behaviors for the automatic shifting of gearboxes and it was known it caused problems with some mods. If you use a mod that has already been updated to adapt to 1.38 changes (to test it in the open beta), maybe those changes behave weird with the 1.37 actual stable version.

Regards

plykkegaard

#3 Post by plykkegaard » 20 Jul 2020 08:00

Yes, to troubleshoot create a new profile without any mods and check if it is working
Next step is to find the culprit by adding one mod after another, or check with the modders or other users of the mods you have
Back to Europe, brand new transportation center established in Madrid, Spain

EuroNutellaMan

#4 Post by EuroNutellaMan » 20 Jul 2020 12:35

UPDATE: I tried on a completely new profile with no mods or anything, the tutorial job went decently, the first quick job I did however didn't go well at all with it being unable to go past 35km/h on a Scania with 18t of Cargo going from Firenze (Florence) to Verona. This issue is literally making the game completely unplayable for me. I haven't tried to see if this happens in the northern side of the map too as so far this has been happening essentially only in the southern side but I doubt going north will fix it and I'm quite honestly getting tired of testing this.

plykkegaard

#5 Post by plykkegaard » 20 Jul 2020 14:19

Yeah sorry about that, just trying to help
I assume this is a problem isolated to your PC not to the game as such

I can give it a run later today, in ETS2 I am heading south from Norway on a local contract
You are using latest 1.38 beta?

rgds /Peter

EuroNutellaMan

#6 Post by EuroNutellaMan » 20 Jul 2020 14:42

in ETS2 I am using the latest version of the normal game, didn't opt in any beta, also this happens in ATS too (I just checked) while using the 1.37 beta for the TruckersMP.

I completely uninstalled both games and TruckersMP and will try to reinstall them in an SSD

EuroNutellaMan

#7 Post by EuroNutellaMan » 20 Jul 2020 14:46

oh now that I mention it, whenever logging in TruckersMP or singleplayer I noticed I kept getting the same two achievements every time even though I did nothing, unfortunately I don't remember what they are at the moment.

plykkegaard

#8 Post by plykkegaard » 20 Jul 2020 14:57

Ahh ok, I have opt in on the 1.38 beta
SSDs are nice been using them the last four to five years

Silver Cap

#9 Post by Silver Cap » 20 Jul 2020 15:23

game.log might hold some answers, you can send it over via pastebin. It's there on your Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder
Words I try to live by:

1. Don't count on the obvious, because it can make you overlook the evidence
2. There's no such thing as a sure event
3. Solutions to problems appear through hard work, not magic

EuroNutellaMan

#10 Post by EuroNutellaMan » 20 Jul 2020 15:31

ok so I tried doing that but the problem persists, in fact I encountered a couple new issues:
1) while going from Bruxelles to Rotterdam without a trailer the truck randomly stopped as if it crashed into something when entering the bridge, however nothing was hit
2) after a while I got the noise of the fine when hitting something, passing a red light, etc but I got no actual fine and no message popup even though I should have
3) sometimes when switching gears it skips one even though I press the buttons only once, however it doesn't seem to be an issue of my wheel.

Also while with a trailer it did finally go to 4th gear, which is a little improvement, it still doesn't want to go further than that and if I immediately put 5th gear the truck just dies.

As for the game.log, here it is

Return to “Technical Problems”