ETS2 and ATS: stuttering since 1.38

psyfox

Re: ETS2 and ATS: stuttering since 1.38

#21 Post by psyfox » 06 Mar 2021 01:50

Problem solved here:

Uninstalled MSI ONE DRAGON CENTER. Process identified via Task Manager during stuttering moments.
Just leave task manager opened and take a look to processes consuming more CPU when stutter kicks in.
wisdeerkiller

#22 Post by wisdeerkiller » 12 Apr 2021 03:43

antaiir wrote: 06 Sep 2020 16:57 Hello there,

i was running both games with pretty stable vsync capped 60 fps before 1.38 at highest graphics settings.

Since the update with SSAO i have fps drops down to 30, what still should be enough for fluid driving, but even with disabled SSAO i have stutters, while i have ~60 fps most of the time. My fps never drop below 30, so this stuttering is not fps dependent. It's like the whole game engine is slowing down for some milliseconds up to several seconds. You can hear this also by the clicking sound of your turn indicators, that is not equally rhythmic anymore, when this happens. Even with low settings i still have the stuttering.

See attached files for details. Before you ask: i have this behavior also on a completely new profile without any mods.

Thanks in advance.
Not sure if you found a solution, but i think I did.

I have a 5700xt i normally have in 1440p 120fps, and i haven't played in almost a year and when i started up this week I noticed the same stuttering you did.

After playing around with different graphic options I found I was at 1080p and when i went to 1440p my problem went away. If your able to switch it to 1440p (if your monitor can) see if it makes a difference. Also I see there's now resolution scaling so 1440p at 50% should be 1080p.

hopefully this helps.
justatry

#23 Post by justatry » 08 Jul 2022 22:46

Hello
For me it was the “edit power plan” in windows. It was set to “power saver” and so the gpu and cpu can’t use all their power. I have set the mode from “power saver” to “balanced” or “high performace” and this works fine for me. Now GPU and CPU gives everything they have but i can play the game as i did a year ago with the highest graphic settings and without any stuttering.

As a little help follow this link and watch from 2:12 until 3:00.

https://youtu.be/E-F7VQSAZuA

I hope i could help you if you haven’t already solved this issue yourself.

Return to “Technical Problems”