Several textures pop-in problems with EVGA GTX 1600 Super SC

jormc

Several textures pop-in problems with EVGA GTX 1600 Super SC

#1 Post by jormc » 02 Dec 2020 09:40

Hi there friends!

I am having problems with rendering of textures on the horizon. I acknowledge that both ETS2 and ATS suffer from a certain "pop-in" effect on textures, and mountain rendering, etc. But with my EVGA GTX 1660 Super SC video card I have noticed that these effects are much more pronounced.

I bought the card in July and have been using it up to a week ago on my old i5-3570K with 24Gb of ram. I noticed the problem and thought it was due to the "bottleneck" the processor was generating. On Black Friday I changed to a Ryzen 5 3600XT, with 32Gb of ram and the problem persists, far from disappearing or diminishing.

I leave you three videos recorded a few days ago. All are at full resolution, since the effect occurs under any resolution and graphics settings in the game. The third of them is without mods, to show that I still suffer this effect:

* https://youtu.be/M7IvurDHpMw
* https://youtu.be/y7w9-fMngs8
* https://youtu.be/y7w9-fMngs8

I've tried configuring the card with both the NVIDIA Panel and the NVIDIA Experience, and there's no way to get the damn effect down.

I have seen videos on YouTube of players with this same card who fan FULLHD without any problems like mine, or not as severe as it happens to me ... so I thought that perhaps the problem is that the card is faulty ...

How can I check it?

Is there a way to reduce this blissful and annoying visual effect? As I say, it happens in both ATS and ETS2, in any resolution and with mods activated or not ...

This is my current setup:

· AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT 3.8 GHz
· Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
· 32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 32GB 2x16GB CL16
· EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER SC ULTRA GAMING 6GB GDDR6
· SSD m.2 Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500Gb NVMe
· SSD SATA 3 500Gb / 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO
· Corsair 600T Graphite Series Blanca
· Corsair GS800 V2 800W Gaming Series

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Jordi MC
Reinhard

Re: Several textures pop-in problems with EVGA GTX 1600 Super SC

#2 Post by Reinhard » 02 Dec 2020 10:10

jormc wrote: 02 Dec 2020 09:40 I have seen videos on YouTube of players with this same card who fan FULLHD without any problems like mine, or not as severe as it happens to me ... so I thought that perhaps the problem is that the card is faulty ...
Your card is fine. When you saw videos without mountains or trees popping up, that was just recorded on a properly done and tested part of the map. The map quality, in term of pop-pups, is ranging from very good to very bad.

The problem it that almost all map assets can only have a very limited maximum draw distance from your driver's view, which is 1500 meter. To avoid these problems, and still create beautiful and interesting landscapes is very hard, and some people in the map teams have more experience than others.

Sometimes, I drive for a good amount of time and everything is near perfection, and then I approach a region where it is bam bam bam.

The only way to fix it is to work with the map editor, fixing obvious errors or recreating the landscape to fit into the 1500 meter limit. The errors are easy, the rest is not.
jormc

#3 Post by jormc » 02 Dec 2020 11:12

*Rule 2.12*

Ok, I see...

But what about nearest objects that "appears" from nothing? Not mountains nor trees, but cars, buildings and other near elements...

Thanks!
Last edited by Mohegan13 on 03 Dec 2020 09:21, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Rule 2.12
Reinhard

#4 Post by Reinhard » 02 Dec 2020 11:40

There is a policy to assign an as small as possible distance to any object, do keep the performance impact low, and allow old or low budget graphics cards to run the game, still.

My impression is that sometimes, map designers are a bit overoptimistic what is tolerable. And sometimes it is clearly a lack of testing, a lack of reporting, or just something rotting in a to-do list. Because on many occasions, I can't believe a team leader watched it closely and said: "that's okay".

Otherwise, I guess many gamers indeed have a higher tolerance than you and me, for that. This stuff is mentioned rarely here, and if it is, only about mountains. While other glitches I regard as terribly unimportant, are heavily protested.
jormc

#5 Post by jormc » 02 Dec 2020 12:02

I totally agree with you.
My misfortune is being so demanding, perhaps, with a video card that is not high-end.

As you say, this is not important to many others other than you and me, because I have discussed it with many and they often tell me that they do not see the problem.

I think there should be some way to improve this behavior. Or at least, I would like to be able to compare the performance of my pc with the expected of a high-end, and really see what the differences are.

In any case, to my mind, it is an ugly and uncomfortable effect that haunts and distracts me in the game. And worst of all, is that once you see it, you will always see it ... ;-)
Reinhard

#6 Post by Reinhard » 02 Dec 2020 13:03

Your card is surely good enough. My Nvidia GTX 670 from 2012 broke 2 years ago. If that wouldn't have happened, I would happily use it now. Always 1920*1080, anti-aliasing with Nvidia Profile Inspector. Well, the upcoming game version 1.40, with the new lighting system, that might would have been too much.

Return to “Technical Problems”