Forum and modding wiki won't be available this weekend, March 6-7. Sorry for the inconvenience!

ENABLING MAP EDITOR SAVES

Taipan_pete

ENABLING MAP EDITOR SAVES

#1 Post by Taipan_pete » 22 Feb 2021 19:49

Hey guys I've recently started creating a map of New Zealand and after many hours of trying and confusion I cant save my progress
I have created a folder named base and inside that folder map in the executable folder but when I save I get an error message or it doesnt come up with a message so I presume it has saved but when I check the folder there is nothing there any help will be greatly appreciated :D

Steve Pitts

Re: ENABLING MAP EDITOR SAVES

#2 Post by Steve Pitts » 23 Feb 2021 21:07

I seem to remember that the clue is in the error messages you get when the save fails, but the directory you need to create is base_map not base
Cheers, Steve

Taipan_pete

#3 Post by Taipan_pete » 25 Feb 2021 08:38

You are a legend Steve thank you so much by any chance do you know how I can play the map like what it requires to make the map a mod and put it in the game for a career?

Steve Pitts

#4 Post by Steve Pitts » 25 Feb 2021 21:18

I'm afraid I don't - I am not a modder and only knew the answer to your dilemma having been through something similar whilst creating textual versions of the SCS maps whilst trying to figure out a way of decoding the files to identify undiscovered map items. There are plenty of guides to modding around (in fact I believe there is a whole sub-forum here) which ought to get you going.
Cheers, Steve

Taipan_pete

#5 Post by Taipan_pete » 26 Feb 2021 08:56

Thanks buddy I appreciate it alot

Return to “Technical Problems”